1.5.7 vs 2.5 Comparison Shots

15 Likes

Cheers for this I will go check it out on the pc :smile:

1 Like

The Georgia map updates with 2.5 are looking frikin’ wonderful!

2 Likes

The difference in the airfields is amazing! This is going to be such an exciting release, it feels kind of like the 1.5 update.

Does anybody remember how many weeks are between Wags posting the 1.2.16 vs 1.5 comparison screenshots and the open beta release of 1.5 ? Just an unrelated question that suddenly popped into my mind.

3 Likes

Beautiful!

Going to make a huge difference in Combined Arms in the future with that mesh detail as well.

5 Likes

It looks very nice - though I have to admit I don’t really like the new grass. Would be better if it was not so long imho.

1 Like

Totally love this, but I would have preferred if they were taken both at the same “time”/light.

2 Likes

The only thing i don’t like about these shots is that i didn’t take them. :wink:

3 Likes

Sorry, waiting on the DCS: Lawn Mower to take care of this :wink:

4 Likes

And there is no F-111

#stillwaiting :kissing_heart:

1 Like

We’re finally getting to a point where comparisons between FPS and flight sim graphics border is fading.

Great improvement.

1 Like

Daaaaam!

1 Like

Those look great. Some of the airfields might need a tiny bit of tweaking to remove some trees between the tower area and the main runway…but overall a really nice improvement…

I’m told that its pretty common to have trees where they probably shouldnt be in Russia. But I havent done any comparisons with real fields that are still there. And until we can man the towers, probably not a huge deal :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that guy needs to have some jankers :stuck_out_tongue:

I like how it looks, great improvement.
I will miss the meadow flowers though.

That being said: did they mention if the underlying map structure and its features were changed as well? Such as being able to use trains like planned for Normandy, lights lighting up water (I cannot believe how long this issue existed) , or cars being able to use bridges again?

Please don’t give BelSimtek any new ideas!!! …at least till The Phantom release!!:grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

I think it is a complete rebuild on base of the current technology, so it will most likely have the same features/shortcomings as Normandy or NTTR.

1 Like

Hunting ground vehicles is going to get a lot more interesting with all those trees. It wierd to think that what we thought Georgia looks like for all these years was kinda wrong.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping collidable trees are being brought to Caucasus 2.5

2 Likes