Combat Air Patrol 2: Battle of Hormuz

Thanks! - I always thought the explanation given me was not the whole story. :slight_smile:

So three purposes: Prevent engine damage; prevent flight-deck damage; soak the young LCDR in the intel center. :wink:

3 Likes

Reactor male berthing was on the second deck, aft of the departmental office block…and right above the aft emergency diesel generators. The exhaust duct for #3 actually ran right above my 6-pack, which meant we might wake up and think, “ooh, it got warm, the diesel is running… oh wait… CRAP THAT MEANS THE PLANTS ARE DOWN I NEED TO GET UP.”

Though for a while our youngest nubs were getting stashed in a berthing on the O-3 level with the AO’s. And our females really had it bad- their berthing was on the third deck, below the aft mess decks, and they had to share with the ladies from Deck Department. I heard some stories…

1 Like

2 Likes

Much, much, MUCH more disgusting and horrifying.

Though now that i remember, one of the best BM’s (the one from my Bermuda Triangle story) had more than a passing resemblance to Alyson Hannigan. Except taller and hotter. And more muscled.

2 Likes

Any Cobie Smulders döpplegangers?

1 Like

Two. One was a photographer, and we played soccer together, the other a lithographer and was one of my best friends on the ship.

1 Like

Actually, that’s a great analogy. It was pretty much the same way based on what we saw down in the plants, with regards to power level, feed tank level, steam demand, etc.

At least you didn’t witness the stories first hand…although as a LT/LCDR, if we saw something untoward happening we would always stop to watch…if you are a witness you cannot be the investigating officer…just say’n.

2 Likes

It was more an overarching theme of an appalling lack of hygiene. Or knowing the word hygiene. I’ll leave it at that. I only witnessed the smells when I had to go down to that berthing to wake the watch reliefs if I was the roving electrical watch.

1 Like

According to the US Navy Correspondence Guide, you are not supposed to use the words Hygiene and Deck Department Bertiing in the same sentence.

2 Likes