DCS 2 World Live Stream - 1pm 21 June 2015

Thanks to the Fearless Frog, i won’t have to sort my screens. Yet here are two that shows the list of new commands in the editor :slight_smile:

That was a fun evening, with 1500+ people connected. DCS is really alive.

1 Like

I thought it was a very good turnout and the last half that I caught looked spectacular.

I really liked the first few minutes of the stream (minus the crashes, and twitch resetting after those with commercials so I missed a few minutes…) Finally some new features shown and explained.
The rest went as expected, pretty graphics are pretty. Not pretty like in other games, but that is ok since it is a simulation. Exciting were the contrails, the scaled up planes he shot, and the new afterburner visuals and sound. The rest was just the new map which of course looks good but we have seen it before.
I had hoped for more really new stuff besides graphics, but maybe he’ll show those in another stream.

And they are back.

It’s not started, but check out the icons at the bottom of Matt’s screen…

F-5E?

For @Maclean

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

I have enjoyed the forums for 9 months now
and Ive read a lot of great info. No where did
I ever see anything that no re-broadcast
was to be published and with all of the
crashes that occurred and audio problems
some were having, I uploaded my captured
video to youtube. I then shared on ED Forums.

Well I got a message from a moderator that I
was not supposed to do so, and I immediately
deleted the two videos off of youtube and
when I went back to the forums to let the
moderator know I was sorry, but had
deleted them, I found that I was banned for life.

This made me feel very bad, and now im sad
that I can no longer chat with friends for
making a mistake unaware.

1 Like

1 Like

I have pointed this out the them, that a random person popping in to the Livestream would have no idea about the prohibition on rebroadcast or any of the other rules that might have been buried in the ED forums. I do feel that the restrictions don’t reflect the reality of what you are doing when you Livestream. Shrug…I’d encourage you to reach out to ED and try to explain that to them in a way that makes them reconsider their ban. My opinion.

BeachAV8R

2 Likes

Thanks to all who tuned in! This was more a test than anything else and we learned a few valuable lessons for the next stream. Once we iron out a few of the most visible issues, I’m sure we will do a new stream which will be archived for later viewing.

Thanks again,
Matt

4 Likes

@wagmatt - I think the stream was extremely successful. The narration, choice of platforms, the tour, were all very interesting. The comments and moderation in the sidebar were perfect. No developer will ever be satisfied with anything other than perfection…but take it from fans of the series, that was really, really awesome.

BeachAV8R

3 Likes

It was great fun, and very impressive. More please!

1 Like

So I only got to watch half of the stream (why oh why did I have to have two children and they wanted me to celebrate Father’s Day with them, the monsters! ;)) but here’s my recap impressions:

• Really nice lighting. Has been a common theme with DCS 2 for me, a nice haze like effect that gets it into more a photo-realistic type domain.

• Consider the screen recording and twitch etc, the performance looked good for pre-alpha stuff. An impressive amount of stuff moving around the screen.

• The high / medium density map looks a good compromise, in that a highly detailed core with less ‘fly-over’ stuff is an ok compromise. It sounds like other areas will get fleshed out overtime as well, which is good to hear. I can picture maps being like modules, in that they will evolve over time as things get updated.

• Such good low-level speed impression - the trees/clutter/bushes give a great sense of shifting as a huge speed.

• Missile contrails and flares look very much improved.

• The ‘enlarged model’ is a great idea, and something I’ll be using. Allowing us to see a bit clearer with larger models is a good concession and will make things more enjoyable (for me - you can turn it off if you like :smiley:)

What did I miss?