Does anyone play Squad?

We’ll have to get some people together and have a go :blush:

I have this.

Seeing as DCS is currently unplayable for me, I could be down for some Squad play.

1 Like

I have Squad installed and can join given some lead time

1 Like

At some point I’d love to try the game.

The power of a good squad in this game is nothing short of miraculous

2 Likes

I think the military term for that miraculous feeling you’re experiencing is “force multiplier”. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would love to try and make it if you guys decide to hook up. A bit rusty, but I try hard :wink:

Alpha 11 is out fellas, notable new features include the British Army, a bunch of new vehicles, and numerous tweaks and adjustments to improve gameplay and quality of life.

Consider how much of a great leap forward Alpha 10 was, I’m looking forward to giving this a go!

2 Likes

heavily reliant on armored transport to move around the battlefield

plz no

https://imgur.com/a/wYqZW

4 Likes

I play it once in a while. It’s a fun game. I also had Post-Scriptum (the WWII Squad) for free since I backed the kickstarter.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Marching? That’s what the BTR is for! :wink:

3 Likes

Marching? … pffft, ain’t nobody got time for that! :smiley:

@AeroMechanical … you feelin’ the love on this Alpha 11 build or what?!

Firefights are giving me tingles down my spine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah- I got to play a few rounds this weekend.

The game feels great right now, the little tweaks they did to animations, game modes, maps, UI, and optimization are really working in concert! I play medic a lot and I like how I can sprint over to the nearest vehicle to top off on band-aids.

1 Like

Nice.

I’m thinking an ArmA3 player would probably crap their pants on their first Squad firefight. :smiley:

Ooohoohoo, fighting words to some people :wink:

Different strokes for different folks, but Squad’s definitely scratching itches ArmA isn’t right now for me.

2 Likes

From laughter at the five squads camping spawn trying to steal the armored vehicle, the inability to distinguish basic vehicle types, or from the legions of wannabe Captain Speirs on comms?

I wasn’t taking a shot at ArmA3 or anything. I was thinking more in terms of the excellent, almost visceral suppression effects and particles physics when you’re getting fired upon.

I sense some bitterness in your words. There’s a name for people like you in this game … “squad leader”. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They’re discussing Red Orchestra in the other thread. This is the thread for BF2 with pretentions.

2 Likes

Still marveling at SQUAD. Fighting in 4K is awesome. Unfortunately I had to 50% these screens (too awesome) :slight_smile:

3 Likes