Elite Dangerous Thread

Planetary landings, yes. SRV driving, no. There’s a separate module, I believe called an “SRV hangar” you’re going to have to mount somewhere in your ship, probably in place of one of those cargo racks. Then, you’ll have to go to the consumables/ ammo screen to buy an SRV or two to keep in there. I made a post about this a couple of months ago, actually- when Horizons was in beta. Just run a search for my threads. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sweet!! Will do Thanks!

Cool! The SRV radar thing is kinda sweet. When you cruise over a planet at about 2000 meters (I think?) in your ship you’ll see ‘special interest’ blue circles in your centre sensor console. If you land in the middle of one of those (like not exactly, just within the region) and then take the buggy out for a spin you can go find things. The ‘ping back’ of the SRV radar is a nice game mechanic, and when on a cold and dark moon is kinda creepy - as per usual, great audio in ED. I won’t spoil anything, but there’s some fun things to find just pottering around.

2 Likes

Just wanted to say @Bogusheadbox, while we didn’t have the same answer, I thought your reply was excellent. (sometimes the like button just isn’t enough :slight_smile: )

1 Like

All righty! got my hauler equiped to go to the surface and then give birth to a rover!

Can’t wait to go mess around.

2 Likes

@fearlessfrog bro hugs to you too mate.

1 Like

My CMDRs name is Vodek
Currently I call Cubeo home. I aligned with Aisling Duval for Powerplay, however I am strongly thinking of leaving the powerplay stuff alone.
Currently I have a hauler and nothing else
Trading is my only hobby right now, However i do want to get into mining and Bounty Hunting and surface exploration

Tonight I did my first planetary landing. I took a delivery mission that saw me go from Cubeo to the Watts Settlement in the Rangteti system. The mission pay out was $201,000 so I couldnt pass it up. However during my 20 jumps to get to the watts settlement I couldnt help but think that this wasnt just a delivery mission. In the end I was wrong and I made a quick $201,000!!!

Planetary landing was fun but I do get a frezze up transitioning to glide mode. Other then that all is great!!! Tomorrow I might take the SRV out to explore a little!

3 Likes

Farscape is a good series. Also hulu plus has stargate sg1.

1 Like

Bladerunner is on Netflix too.

2 Likes

I started Dollhouse, though I only have 4 episodes left of that one (Eliza Dushku has been at the top of my celebrity 5 since her run as Faith on Buffy/ Angel), and I’m thinking I might start Farscape again- it’s been a long, long time.

Never watched much Stargate SG1, so maybe I’ll give that one a try too- thanks!

Bladerunner is one of my all-time favorite movies. I have three different versions in my library.

I always stop at dollhouse but never watch it. Might need to watch.

1 Like

The first season was great. The second season gets really dark, really, really fast. It’s basically Eliza Dushku being ridiculously hot in a bunch of different situations and clingy outfits and Helo from BSG being angsty and angry. And Wash from Firefly makes appearances, as well as Summer Glau, Felicia Day, and that stoner guy from Cabin in the Woods.

Oh. And I’m pretty sure girls in yoga pants are a “thing” because of this show.

1 Like

Picked up a destroy the power supply mission. Took my SRV out and learned to drive it while I was looking for the correct power supply to destroy. Finally found the right one and made a cool $145,000. At this rate I will be in my cobra in no time!

The SRV is fun but such a pain to drive!

2 Likes

@weaponz248 The SRV has vastly different handling characteristics based on surface type (rock,ice etc) and gravity. Planets have a very wide range of gravity from a fraction of earths to 10+g.

2 Likes

Thats awesome. I honestly think the SRV was too “jumpy” but that could have just been my control input. Still not sure how I want to control the SRV. Right now I got my HOTAS throttle as the the throttle and my HOTAS stick as the steering.

I have the same control setup, but also use my pedals for throttle and brakes, as that sometimes worked better, at least in beta.

The buggy is a bit odd to drive. The use of ‘boost’ before you land (and in the air!) on making a jump seems to be the important thing.

Although the number of times I’ve misjudged it on a huge jump…

:smile:

5 Likes

Thought about using each toe brake for gas and brake. Not sure though, all I know right now is its a blast and the missions pay pretty dang good. I’ve doubled my bank account after two missions.

I have srv forward/back on hotas throttle. Pitch and roll on stick, and turn left/right on rudders.

Anyhow, add me on your friends list and i would be happy to rover with you if you are interested. Its fun scooting around in a wing. I have a couple of ships that can travel long distances so happy to travel to most places for fun.

1 Like

I’m only 3000 light years out at this point- I’ll have to come play with you guys when I get back.

Has anybody started working on system permits? I’m starting to think about how I’m going to sell all my exploration data, and I’d like to know if they’re really worth it or not.