Elite Dangerous Thread

It’s me again :smiley:

I’ll be on at the CG this evening (UK time) - in open play at Khun. There is often a bit of a queue in open to deliver the goods at the outpost (only one medium bay) - but there are plenty of nice folk about to chat to.

2 Likes

One more station to go on the Colonia Highway before I hit the bubble, then I think I’ll play with the CG 's some. Either in my Clipper, or maybe pick up a Python.

If you do the Khun CG I highly recommend getting Coltan from the Aknango system. All of the ports within 500ls of entry have Coltan - though the closest ones sometimes run a little low, the third one, Skolem, always has plenty.

I’ve been coming across people going silly distances to get the stuff, but Aknango is only 2 jumps out and 3 back in a python.

As the delivery port is an outpost, you can’t use the Clipper for that. Same deal here - I dumped off every unnecessary module and ended up with 256t on the Python - some have 290, but I suspect they are running without shields.
Today is the last day - might see you late this evening if you are on open play. It’s easy to get into the top 25% because all the guys with big ships aren’t playing (they are not happy - too bad, I say).

Concert tonight, dancing tomorrow, hometown for the weekend. It’ll be another week or so before I’m back, but I’ll keep you posted.

I really miss those things, being a delapidated old duffer! Last concert was 2006 (David Gilmour’s On An Island tour, at the Royal Albert Hall - mesmerising!) and it’s over 20 years since I last swung a leg :disappointed_relieved:

Anyway, I found the reason for the two golden paint jobs - though I don’t know which is which:

Updated: Thursday 27th July 2017

On the 26th of July 2017 we added a brand new variant of the Gold Paint Job for anyone who has one of the original 5 Gold Paint Jobs below. The updated Golden Paint Job can now be found alongside your existing Gold Paint Job in-game, for free, immediately.

Gold Anaconda - Purchased from the store
Gold Viper Mk III - Purchased from the store
Gold Fer-De-Lance - Purchased from the store
Gold Asp Explorer - Added as a bonus for early purchases or pre-orders of the Horizons expansion. More info here.
Gold Sidewinder - Available from the store for a limited time.

I only have the golden AspX

Oh, I almost forgot - this morning, in open play, I got my first ever attempted interdiction by a human player. It was a big difference from the AI interdictions. Firstly, it took a lot longer to shake him off because secondly, the evade bar rose much more slowly. It only went up after I had the cursor exactly in the middle of the escape vector for a few seconds - if even just slightly off, the bars went down. If I was using pedals, it would have been quicker.

Nooooooo!

I messed up big time! I’m that used to just splashing out on what I want in outfitting, I didn’t even look when I pressed “buy” to upgrade my ship’s armour and ended up shelling out over 134 million credits! :scream:

buy

AAAAAARGH! :face_vomiting:

That brings my rebuy cost up to over 9.3 million!

rebuy

On the plus side, if I sell my Python, it will get me a nice 224 million credits.

At least I suppose I get reasonable protection in the meantime - though now I don’t want to test it cos of the 10mil rebuy :roll_eyes:

armour

What’s 10 mil in the face of 220? You’ll be fine. Find an asteroid to crash into. :slight_smile:

Well, if you look at the rebuy screen you’ll see that the 134 million hit only left me with 15 - so i can only afford one rebuy. :worried:

Testing only takes one try haha

1 Like

I bloody knew it! As I was leaving Colonia, I was thinking “I bet they do a CG here after I leave…”

Typical! Silly thing is, it will take people longer to get there than the CG is on - so only those out there will be able participate - and when I was there, there were not many others - not in open play, at least, and I believe most of the guys out there usually use open, from what I’ve read on the FD forum.

1 Like

What has the armour upgrade done to your jump range ?

Very minor reduction - can’t remember exactly, but it was less than 1LY

Well Skrippo is the Red Light District that keeps on giving.

Last night and today, the missions (for those of you who know) are in plentiful supply. Looks like money is back on the table for Pew Pew boys.

Killing pirates is once again in vogue and the moolah is flinging about like nobody’s business. Quick little res despatch of ships netted me close to 15mil, with 1.25 mil in bounties and if I can find a broker, I have another 1.4 mil in bounties to trade for tokens in Toppos red light rag tag joint of debauchery.

That’s not mentioning the string missions which offer a dloop of cash for some “whack a mole”.

Oh I don’t know - I was really hacked off yesterday, when I got attacked on a planetary mission by some goof pirate - blew him to hades and got a paltry 500cr. Cost of replacement ammo was twice that.

Later I let myself get interdicted as I only had a couple of reward things on board anyhow, and did get 37,000cr for chopping that one - but even that ain’t so much. Have to hop to the local RES and see how that goes.

I’d like to have the lasers on my DBX engineered, but so far the 3 engineers I’ve unlocked don’t do thermal weapons, so that’s a real shame, cos it does some real damage in standard form (it’s a class 2 beam laser and shreds shields in seconds).

I’m really enjoying exploring at the moment, as not done that before.

A long playlist of music and lots of jump/honking. Heading back to the bubble now (175 jumps to go) after a loop around some nebula’s but it’s been an interesting change of pace.Lot’s of earth-likes forced to have my name on them now (if I ever get back without being blown up of course).

5 Likes

Nice shots

1 Like

Thanks. Btw, one non-obvious tip to find undiscovered stuff is to not plot a route yourself but rely on a computer generating a random location to aim for (just google random number generator etc). People are terrible at picking random locations (they all pick the same, Freud would love that) so I basically just took myself out of the decision process and used target coordinates every so often of RND destinations. There are lots of first-find locations surprisingly near the bubble.

2 Likes

I JUST finished the last 5,000 light years from Amundsen Terminal to a handful of jumps from the bubble just a few minutes ago. Got interdicted by an Eagle while still 4-5 jumps outside of normal inhabited space and promptly blown up before I could high wake out.

Pretty sure I woke up the neighbors with the rage quitting.

I may make it back into this game by New Year’s. Maybe.

1 Like

Oh man :frowning:

Ouch, thats harsh man!