Q&A with VEAO - P-40F Preview

Looks very nice, although way too clean for any aircraft, I do hope the texture artist will have some fun roughing up this machine!

I’m quite skeptical about VEAO team. All screens looks good and teasing but…
they are only 5 people in their organigram, where everybody have lot of duties at same time and at least 9 projects on the way (too much ambitious i think)…and all of them very far from being finished.
Also they put P-40 in prepurchase one year ago (if i remember well) but not a clear deadline for release…not very professional from my humble point of view.
I say it with all respect and with the intent to give constructive critics.

The main thing is that we’ve learnt form the experiences of Hawk and the P-40 and future modules will not have the same issues.
Thanks for your feedback.

5 Likes

Thanks for the answer, Ells!
I hope you don’t see my comments too negative, because I am really a supporter of every 3rd party. Yes, I was - and partly still am - a bit disappointed by the Hawk, but I understand that the first few projects can be rough.
Now with your further projects you really have the opportunity to shine, and I have great hopes in you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your comments TBear.
Just to clarify, we currently have 38 people in the team, not 5.
Each aircraft module has a dedicated team of 9 people working on it, from coding to texturing to sounds and P-40 is no exception.
The pre-purchase was to help funding for the project which was/is clear on our website and we have also said about beta states on the purchase page that bugs are to be expected and if you’re not happy with that then please wait for release.
That aside, we have listened to the community and have decided not to have any future modules on pre-sale on our website, they will all be on ED’s store for simplicity’s sake.
Again thanks for your comments.
Chris

2 Likes

Many thanks Aginor.
As we said in the interview with Chuck, we had many speed bumps with Hawk and the changes to DCS but have learnt from those.
I hope the community sees that with P-40.
And we are still working on improving Hawk, despite what some people think :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very relieved and happy to ear that. Thnx for answer

Thanks for stopping in @VEAO_Ells.

It is great to hear that some of the production issues are beings sorted out. I’m sure the Hawk has been a tremendous learning opportunity and (personally) I’m optimistic that all of the learned techniques (blood, sweat, and tears) will make the road ahead for you guys a bit less bumpy.

I really enjoyed @Chuck_Owl’s preview of the module. I hadn’t read anything about it…and even though WW2 stuff isn’t my area of interest, I learned from the MiG-15 Museum Relic article that if the gameplay is compelling enough, I can pretty much enjoy anything…

Best of luck with the continued development…!

BeachAV8R

1 Like

As one of those folks who paid long ago, no, can’t say that news is very pleasing.

I understand how you feel, Mudcat. I pre-ordered too on Day 1. However, let’s not forget that plans are often subject to change. It happens. I still remember the Indiegogo campaign for Beczl’s MiG-21 in 2012… shudders

4 Likes

Oh man, don’t remind me.
I am so glad we finally got at least that MiG-21. With a less dedicated team than the Leatherneck guys we would have nothing now.

3 Likes

Or the whole WWII campaign, that’s also a story on its own!

1 Like

Yeah. Both happened during what I call “the dark time of DCSW” that we all would like to forget I guess.

I think that period made us all stronger; customer and developer, or maybe the word is cautious lol

1 Like

Many thanks BeachAV8R.
I look forward to getting it to you and the ED testers very soon to tear it apart :wink:

2 Likes

Nooooooooo! You can’t do that?! Don’t you know how mean he was during the ARMA 3 event? He will keep taunting and flaunting at us with his early access nakedly exposed!

2 Likes

Hey! I worked for Eurofighter and now I’m at the Tornadoes in Italy! Can I help too?! :wink:

Typical for me, I’m a bit late to this party. Nice interview, Chuck! OK, so in addition to being late, I am also very uninformed lately. And I am not trolling–this is a genuine question: Is there still a plan for any form of WW2 DCS module? All the complicated history of Oleg, this guy and the other guy makes me slam my laptop shut. So none of that please. Are we to sandbox this thing over Nevada or is a historic map in the making?

Eagle Dynamics are working on a Normandy map, sort of like Nevada as a purchasable map module with WWII ground units. Info here: DCS: Normandy 1944 - ED Forums. Some images from the thread:

Leatherneck are also working on a WWII Pacific Theatre map I think.

The Mudspike thread with news from @Silver_Dragon here:

Thanks Fearless! Hopefully still a WIP but good to know that my growing stable of props will have a place to play.