SpaceX 1st Falcon Heavy Launch Date: Sept 6 13:30 (18:30 utc)

So we’ve had “Insane Mode” and “Ludicrous Mode” on the Tesla…have we now “Gone to Plaid”…?

2 Likes

DVYWR2IUQAAutMB

That’s my favorite.

2 Likes

Dude…that view and the song playing was just. Unbelievable.

1 Like

Looks like something from out of a sci-fi movie doesn’t it…? All of it does. Wow.

2 Likes

Exactly. I watching this now, which if you haven’t had the pleasure, discusses the SpaceX Mars mission and the “BFR” :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was amazing!

1 Like

im so happy right now. this launch means a lot beypnd just nifty tech.

2 Likes

In the glovebox is a copy of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (Elon confirmed this a while back)

2 Likes

So stupid question - but space being extremes of heat, cold, and radiation…can we expect that Tesla to sort of degrade quickly up there? I mean…if that is a stock Tesla…I’d assume there are things that would melt, shatter, or other stuff pretty quickly right?

And also…is there going to be a Mars transfer burn on that same engine? When is that supposed to happen?

Oh…looks like a few hours from now:

“Upper stage restart nominal, apogee raised to 7000 km. Will spend 5 hours getting zapped in Van Allen belts & then attempt final burn for Mars.”

1 Like

Starman paid extra for the Polyglycoat paint sealant and undercoating.

Has anyone heard the fate of the center core?

1 Like

Road hazard on the tires?

2 Likes

No, but he did get the helium fill, which was ridiculously expensive.

2 Likes

Good grief…everytime I look at that live shot of the Tesla I keep thinking I’m gonna see Starman wave at the camera and freak us all out…

1 Like

Good grief…what an insane image…and video…just nuts…I’m repeating adjectives. I’m just floored by this whole thing…LOL…

starman1

3 Likes

I came home to watch it on the big screen. My neighbors probably thought that there was a murder going on, I was screaming and jumping up and down. Humans are not back in space…yet, but today was a massive leap in that direction. There is a purpose behind every thing that the bloody genius does, whether it is gathering data or funding.

2 Likes

I know what you mean Beach, words just can’t quite describe all the feels I have right now. I was in awe watching the launch and the landing of the boosters.

2 Likes

We had about six of our pilots all clustered around the monitor in our flight planning office today (it was a slow day)…all of us watching the last 15 minutes of the countdown and everything up to the landing of the boosters and the fairing separation. We were all just blown away by the whole spectacle. Congrats to all those hardworking men and women of SpaceX, the government agencies that helped out, and all their supporters…

2 Likes