Where You Are Photos

If you can watch the Vampire start up, they sound cool and spit fire lol

4 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

I’m beginning to suspect that @Navynuke99 and @Tankerwade may be in the USA… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fun few days at the GJ air show, starting with the drive from Denver over Loveland and Vail passes and through Glenwood Canyon. Saturday’s show was rained out at about 1 pm, but Sunday was great. More pics when I get back home. The Thunderbirds were wonderful.

3 Likes

Over Port Clinton on Lake Erie.

Put-In-Bay!

7 Likes

Colorado National Monument

7 Likes

How’s Gibraltar Island looking these days?

Catching the last hour of daylight

6 Likes

Winter is coming :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, yes it is.

I’ve bought two Assos SkinFoils in preparation and I really need some other cycling clothes but that stuff is expensive and since I’m very skinny my choices are limited to basically Assos and some Löffler stuff, all in XS lol

Rapha fits as well but that’s even more expensive…

One more:

3 Likes

Always makes me chuckle that you can ride 30kms and have an altitude difference of only 80 metres. :wink:

3 Likes

Do you want to hear something really funny? Those 80m are mostly due to a bridge that I crossed twice (~15m elevation each way) and a little hill (terminal moraine from the last ice age, ~25m elevation), the remaining elevation is a result of minimal variation in terrain.
I’m sure that I can plan a 100km ride with less than 150m elevation around my town

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I didn’t take pictures of Gibraltar Island across the bay. However, it’s still there, and the houses on it look as large and expensive as ever…

2 Likes

I can ride hundreds of Km’s on a bike and still be in the same plane when it comes to altitude :wink:

It’s just the opposite in Atlanta. Typical weekend ride. You flatlanders can sure ride in wind though. Completely different muscle groups being developed LOL.

1 Like

It’s always windy where I live. I find a lack of wind when I am outside highly disturbing these days :smile:

It helps I suppose, but I’d love to live near a mountain for hiking and biking!

We have quite a bit of wind during Fall and Winter. I’d happily replace it with a couple of hills and mountains.

Today was a good example. I went for a 3.5 hour ride (Day of German Unity) and the wind did a good number on me. I feel absolutely knackered right now.

2 Likes

Grand Junction Air Show - Thunderbird Highlights -

Four Thunderbirds photo pass -

All Six -

Delta Burst -

The High Bomb Burst -

Great show!

4 Likes