X-Plane 11 Screens

Inspired by your post Paul I downloaded the FSE and testing

Looking good! Are you using Reshade or just FSE on it’s own?

without Reshade

@Troll… So, a quick test shows that the water does have some depth, but the boat shadows are painted on the bottom and are fixed in place, no matter what angle the sun is at. Another weird thing is that the surface of the sea is actually hard, as in you can taxi onto it, which was a bit of a shock when I tried to land a seaplane in the bay just beyond the runway. The plane’s shadow is projected onto the sandy sea floor though. It still looks good if you just fly over it.

Ok… So they made a sort of glass surface?

That would be a good way to describe it. Pity really as it would be a great place to use a seaplane.

Yeah. I thought we finally had a sim with true 3D water.

Kerbal Space Program does :wink: .

This could be the start of a long trek (we will see how far I get).

Departing Austin Bergstrom Intl (KAUS) …

The GTN750 makes navigation a breeze…

Cruising over a scattered layer near Dallas.

I wanted to land at Meigs, but the weather wasn’t great. Following @smokinhole’s example, I shot the ILS approach to 31C at Midway, and then broke off for a visual approach to Meigs once I was below the weather…

Meigs in sight! The landing was uneventful…

Next morning, the start of leg 2…

Here we go…

Before long we are in the cruise, enjoying the view. I’m using Ultra-Weather 2.3 for this flight. The clouds look pretty good!

Flying over the town of Zanesville, Ohio. I lived here for 10 years before moving to Texas.

On final for 04 at Zanesville Municipal airport (KZZV). This little airport is where I got my first big break into flying professionally. The XP11 scenery isn’t particularly accurate, but at least the runway and taxiway layout is correct now (In XP10 the taxiways were on the wrong side of the runways).

Clear of the runway…

My next leg will be a short hop to Allegheny County airport (KAGC), another one of my regular haunts from my King Air days. I’ll try to make that hop tomorrow.

I live about 30 miles from Zanesville :slight_smile:

A few shots of the X-Trident Bell 412. I haven’t delved into it’s more advanced features, but it is certainly fun to fly.

I’m not sure why the Los Angeles Fire Department saw fit to send a Bell 412 to Corfu, but I am sure the crew wasn’t complaining :wink: .

Wow…two of those look like actual photographs…I did a double-take!

Same here.

–T

I sometimes have to look twice at photographs to make sure they are not from X-plane 11. To me 11 looks absolutely stunning!

Some of the scenery I have picked up recently is absolutely stunning and makes for some very nice screenshots.

Corfu by FlyTampa covers the whole island, which is surprisingly big if you fly around it in a helicopter. There is plenty of detail to explore around the airport, city and port, but there are also towns and villages to discover inland, with some nice varied terrain. Highly recommended and well worth the admission fee.

Bella Coola and Stewart, both in British Columbia, created by Beti-X. Both are in visually stunning areas, nestled in valleys with mountains all around. They blend in with the stock scenery at the edge of coverage very nicely. The areas are heavily forested and look fantastic, especially if you add a little rain and mist into the mix. The two airports are about 240nm apart, which makes a hop from one to the other quite doable for most GA aircraft.

OrbX’s Nantucket, and the Minuteman Airport/Plumb Island are also really nice and fairly local to each other. Throw in MisterX’s freeware KBOS and you have plenty to explore in the Boston area. You can also add the free Heron’s Nest, which is not too far away.

Those are my recent favorites when it comes to almost photo-realistic scenery. I am also using Ultra Weather XP 2.3 which gives you some nice clouds and lighting, as well as the ability to tweak the color of the water to best fit the current location. I have put XEnviro on hold for a bit until it matures a little more.

Me too. I don’t know what happened; it seems like the previous version was better. Also, I’d like to see custom weather added as an option.
I don’t know whether X-Plane’s depiction of real world weather is correct or X-enviro – but they don’t match when I switch between the two.

Awesome screenshots, by the way.

Very nice. The airplane that launched thousands of careers.

I just got Xplane 11 to look good. Maybe cos I got a decent puter now. At any rate, I am checking this thread out and drooling. Uhmmm Im wondering what scenery and weather to buy first…

New X-Plane Essentials?

It launched mine…! Lots of memories in that airplane…