2018 Health & Fitness Thread

No comms from @fearlessfrog for a couple days. Enthusiastic poster of Space X content. Traveling a lot lately. I think we can only reach one conclusion. We now know who Starman is…

starman2

4 Likes

I can confirm flu sucks. Doing better but taking a long time.

3 Likes

Hang in there!

If discobot approaches you with a pillow…run. He’s probably been programmed to help put humans out of their misery…amiright discobot?

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Reply hazy try again

Just what a perp would say.

1 Like

The year is starting out great…

No really. Once I can put weight on my foot again in 4 weeks, the workouts can resume. Tarsal tunnel relief surgery yesterday. Plus the downtime will allow me to rehabilitate my right hip, which along with my left knee, does not have a lot of cartilage left. I guess when “they” said that running on the street was not good for you, I should have listened. But then it only took 40 years of long distance running to wear them out. I suppose that I should be thankful. The drugs are good though.

See what you young dudes have to look forward to :smile:

4 Likes

Have you tried not holding it up in the air like that? :wink:

2 Likes

It takes pressure off of the sutures that way. Feels much better. Would rather have a barrel aged stout, but mixing that with the narcotics would probably make me neighbors with Jimmy and Janis.

PS: the worst thing about it is no flight sims for the duration. Going to do some upgrades to the gaming rig and get more acquainted with the PS4.

4 Likes

Twist rudder to the rescue!

1 Like

Wonder if I can put that on my medical savings account (MSA) debit card? :blush:

Hmm. Suggestions?

Meet Thrustmaster - my emotional support controller.

6 Likes

2 options, both well below 100 euros, dollars

The T.16000M flight stick has a hall sensor (maybe even the same as the Warthog) and a twist grip.
Otherwise, the T.16000 TWCS throttle has a rudder-like thing for the fingers.

Bonus: the TWCS throttle is almost a Hornet throttle, so you will be set for that.

I have both as a HOTAS set and never use the rudder thingies on either the stick or the throttle.

1 Like

Thanks Freak, I ordered the T.1600 combo. I would prefer to use the rudder thingy on the throttle, but I don’t think that it is listed as an axis. Can make do with the twist grip. Bonus that it can also use T.A.R.G.E.T profiles.

1 Like

Cool! It is listed as an axis on my end.
The thing is, throttle has so many axes that it barely fits on a DirectX controller (software-wise) so that if (and only IF) you choose to make a TARGET profile and treat the 2 units as a single controller, you are going to lose some axes.

However, I just use them separately and then every axis on the throttle is usable: throttle, mini-stick, roller, rudder.

Well, I am proud to admit I just realised I lost 3 kilos!
Cutting carb and some nice exercise did a nice job with no real pain.

Now I could push a bit on the exercises… more cardio e and some more repetitions.

BUT

I also just got my tonsils inflating , cough and fever. Yay…

4 Likes

Get well soon.

I’ve been doing some targeted training, mostly intervals (like 20x15seconds, 15x30s) during my commute home to improve my average speed over the past two weeks and it’s already paying off.

I haven’t really done any training apart from just commuting at a constant level and my average speed kept dropping slowly but it’s now back at a level that I haven’t achieved since November. Pretty nice to see it pay off so quickly.

You really have to fight for every km/h once you reach a certain level. I guess I can take it up ~34km/h on a calm day with a bit of dedication

Well - my reasons to stay healthy and fit have just multiplied. I just became a dad!

Healthy 3.175kg / 7 lbs daughter born at 4.35am this morning. Incredible. :blush:

10 Likes