[29Apr-01May] Her Majesty's Brave & Honorable Mudspike Air Regiment's Screens and AARs

The fighting is fierce here on the Western Front.

@EinsteinEP, @Kombat_Karl, and myself flying German aircraft were orbiting the Allied Airfield, defended boldly by @Tankerwade and Bigfoot (I think?). We turn in and dive for speed when the call comes (perhaps our pilots are exceptionally good at sign language, or have experimental walkie-talkies) “BANDITS, TWELVE O’CLOCK HIGH!”

After a short but exceptionally violent dogfight, one of the Allied planes is forced to attempt a landing and mercilessly finished off by Karl, while Einstein attempts a point-blank, close-in kill on Tanker. The two end up trading ailerons. Much to my horror, I was only able to capture the result, not the incident.

ROUND TWO!

@TheAlmightySnark, @Maclean, and @EinsteinEP take off in their Handly-Pages. The objective? Bomb the @&#$ out of the enemy airfield. @Tankerwade and @Kombat_Karl prepare to ascend and do their best to stop the attack. Meanwhile, I hop into the rear-gunner slot of Snark’s bomber.

Wave one of the aggressors is repelled. I decide to swap teams to see how it is! Fortunately for me, I take-off just in time to miss getting bombed to oblivion. Snark rapidly turns around, shouts, “BANZAI!” and attempts to add to the damage dealt. Unfortunately, he is unable to counter the HP’s ludicrous amounts of lift and overshoots the target, crashing into the woods.

Maclean at some point during this mess is shot down? Either way, only Einstein remained! Karl and I proceed to dog him, which, in Karl’s case, means gently ramming into the plane’s rear half and causing the plane to do a near 180-degree flip.

Einstein manages to recover the bomber with absolutely no altitude to spare! Unfortunately, shortly thereafter while attempting an upwards-cutting attack on the Page’s left engine at extreme close range, my aircraft’s nose smashes into their wing, thoroughly ending the fight (and the lives of everyone involved). Whoops!

Come join in the next session in a few hours!

2 Likes