2K res with Geforce 1070?

tl;dr
Anybody here try running a Geforce 1070 (no Ti) with a 2560x1440 monitor? If so, how’s the performance in modern games/sims?

I have a 1070 and I’m running an older monitor at 1680x1050. I’m looking to get a new monitor and was considering getting a 27in 1080p, but it seems kind of behind the times to go with a 1080 res monitor at this point. I’ve looked looked at some modern game benchmarks and it appears a 1070 is starting to get to be at the border of good performance at 2K. I would imagine in another 6 months to a year, it will start to be behind and I would need a new video card. the 20xx series doesn’t seem to be a big jump, considering the pricetag. What are your thoughts? Should i hold firm and see how it plays out? Go with a 1080p monitor and get good fps. Is 2K with high/ultra settings doable with a 1070?

Thanks.

1 Like

I am running 3440x1440 without too many issues. Most of the issues I run into are games that don’t support the widescreen format and leave me with black bars on the left and right or stretched graphics.

For Arma3 I am noticing a slowdown though, and I think that the 1070 is struggling with the level of detail that I had enabled for my previous 1080 monitor.

1 Like

My 1070 did quite well at 1440p. You should be OK as long as you don’t expect to run things at max detail and get 60fps.

Now running a 2080 and its way more comfortable at that resolution. Still can’t max out ARMA but that’s just life isn’t it?

2 Likes