Amazon prime viewers suggestions thread

Only downside is the Star Trek’s on Amazon are original televised only.

The remastered in HD TOS and TNG are not streaming (unless CBS All Access has them, don’t know) and only on Bluray. I have all the ST series on BD or DVD (DS9 and Voyager never remastered, DVD only) except Discovery.

TOS and TNG just beautiful in HD.

1 Like

The Expanse
Carnival Row
Hanna
Electric Dreams
All or Nothing (American Football)
Future Man (hilariously insane)
Taboo
The 100
The first two or three seasons of Vikings
Agents of Shield (not anymore I think… not sure)
Agent Carter
Cloak and Dagger
Life in Pieces
Catastrophe
Blindspot
Young Sheldon (way funnier than Big Bang Theory IMO)
Shannarra Chronicles
Hell on Wheels

For the kids:
Paw Patrol

Sadly the Star Trek series are not available in Germany because of some licensing issue.

1 Like

All the Stargate stuff is on there, SG-1, (plus ark of truth, continuum), Atlantis and probably Universe (I only don’t know if it’s “prime” because I bought the seasons as they aired back when it was on)

2 Likes

You might try looking again, the only ones I can find, streaming, are the remastered versions.
I personally do not prefer the HD versions but I know I am in the minority…

Wheels

1 Like

Interesting. I could’ve sworn they were all the old ones with the same tired shots of the Enterprise recycled between scenes.
Of course TNG it’s a lot more subtle as they just redid the existing shots instead of replacing them with more varied ones. The Crystalline Entity, or the aliens in Encounter at Farpoint, are amongst the easiest ways to tell.

Patriot
Humans
John Adams
Tin Star (season 1 only)
The Last Walz

1 Like

I really enjoyed tin star :sunglasses:

Yeah, Tin Star season 1 was superb. But I thought season 2 was an unorganized cluster. Like the the whole organization top to bottom just phoned it in. A waste of talented cast for sure.

1 Like

Here is a link to the remastered version of ToS on Amazon Prime.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B005HED08I/ref=atv_dp_season_select_s1

You still do not need “All Access” to watch them. That may change in the near future since Cheers, Frasier, the Star Trek animated series, and a few others that were free last year now require “all Access” to watch them.

Wheels

1 Like

I’m watching Picard and I really like it!

2 Likes

I saw the first episode “of Star Trek Picard” and I enjoyed the heck out of it and I would love to watch more episodes but I am not going to buy an “All Access” pass to do it. Even Amazon Prime requires an “All Acess” subscription to view the subsequent episodes.

Wheels

Edit:
Text in bold added for clarity.

2 Likes

Wait what?

Amazon Prime is requiring a CBS “All Access” pass to view more Picard episodes.

Wheels

1 Like

Yes, Picard is like ST Discovery, you have to pay to see it. CBS is available as a standalone app on a tablet, phone, or Roku, or as an Amazon Channel through the prime video service.

I also watched the first episode of Picard and liked it a lot.
Going to watch the second one right now!

I take it you all don’t have the same level of monetized microtransations of TV yet in the EU?

2 Likes

Not quite yet, but getting there.

Wellllll… The are alternatives…

2 Likes

Yeah, there are.
For the Mandalorian for example I had to use them.
It makes me sad though, as I want to pay people for creating things I like. I just don’t agree with the people who distribute said things.

2 Likes