Arma 3 Mods for Mudspike event July 2-3

Part of the reason we chose the mods we and didnt use those two:

A) keep to a minimum number as possible. We only wanted mods that we deemed essential to the gameplay that we want to achieve

B) RHS already has the NI M249 in it and

C) the blackops pack is not really worth it IMHO. Not to say that is bad but it could use some polish.

Believe me if there was a pack that @near_blind could find with an m16a2 up to his standards it would have been the first one you downloaded.

its a legitimate question. You have every right to ask.

1 Like

Somehow the M136 seems bugged in Arsenal. When I equip it, sometimes the sights are not rendered.

Also in the equipment screen the 3d model seems to change when I select the same launcher a second time…

It’s not bugged, it’s simulating the preparation process. Hit R

You’re fine to question, and though Tyco already hit on it.

idea for the mission is that we’re playing as a late 80s air mobile rifle platoon. They’re not highspeed lo-drag, just infantry that gets around via helicopter. This means M16A2s, very early M249s, M60s, etc.

The M60 is obviously satisfied. Tyco is half correct, RHS does use NI’s M249s, however we will be using the CUP ones, which are ironically also NIArms(specifically a 1980s FN Minimi to simulate the early, pre PIP M249s).

As for the M16A2s CUP has them as well, but plainly put they suck. Their sounds are not great and their reload animation is wrong. While I’m willing to accept those two things, the killer is that it’s sight picture is atrocious. it’s too far zoomed out, it’s awkward, and if you try and pan the rifle around, the misalignment between the FSB and the rear sight is so great as to make it unusable.

We’re using the A4 because it’s a better made rifle in the game currently, and introduces negligible differences. You won’t have a scope, it will just be the carryhandle/ironsight, and if you squint really hard, you can ignore the picitanny rails and pretend it’s an A2.

I want realism as close as possible, but if it’s a choice between realism and gameplay, gameplay wins.

1 Like

@near_blind: Thanks for explanation. It seams we have a similar views on CUP M16s and balance between gameplay immersion and realism.

Downloading the mods now.

BTW.
Using the FN Minimi s instead of two-four-nines isn t actually so far-fetched, during Desert Schield US DoD bought a large batch from FN to equip the army in he desert because there wasn t enough SAWs to go around. Most of those were later upgraded to PIP standard with rest of M249s.

Cheers.:grin:

1 Like

Sorry to miss this event, as I’ll be out of town, but looking forward to the After Action Report.

1 Like

GOOD NEWS BAD NEWS

GOOD NEWS
Ace updated today

BAD NEWS
If you’ve already gotten you’re mod pack set up, you need to open your arma launcher to let ace download, and once it has completed, redo step 8 of this guide.

I’m all updated (so far as I can tell). Fingers crossed that:

1. I have everything set correctly.

2. I don’t get paged out to fly.

:wink:

1 Like

Ok, just finished downloading. We ready?

Just applying some fresh glue to the well deck of the LHD.

4 Likes

Drats - going flying, so unless you guys run really late, I’ll probably miss it.

2 Likes

Wait. What. Is this a thing we are doin’?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Or was @fearlessfrog havin’ a go at your mod list download size. Must be using a dial up modem?

Wait. How long would it take to download 20GB at 2400 baud? If I am ‘correct’ and this page is accurate 20GB at 2.4k (2400 baud modem), that’s 19884 hours??? That is 828 days, 12 hours or 2.27 years.

He must be using newer technology :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s ARMA vs The Emmies, so will be looking for a MP thing tonight of any description. Might not be before 7pm Pacific though.

3 Likes

If my plane had wifi… :thinking:

Currently sitting in scenic Trenton, NJ…

1 Like