AV8B N/A Tips and tricks

One way or another, the plane is informed the heading and speed of the carrier as well as the starting position.

This can be done manually or via a super high speed low drag datalink.

English high speed datalink connectors

4 Likes

Harrier’s INS in SEA mode links with and uses carrier ship INS for alignment

3 Likes

Interesting. makes sense.

DCS Harrier pocket guide page 54 :wink:

1 Like

D’oh, i couldn’t see it in the manual

5 Likes

I doubt the Aardvark has INS sea alignment mode, but I can be wrong. :thinking:

Well it was intended as a carrier fighter originally
 :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

It WAS transitioned for carrier use and called the F-14. :thinking:

2 Likes

Has anyone added tuning curves to their Warthog axis’?

1 Like

I added 10 on my X55’s after trying to refuel from that cursed basket, but am too very interested on what others have done, that works for them.

1 Like

Usually I add between 15-18 on pitch/roll, but keeping this one with no curve due to needing very precise control in VTOL. It’s a little twitchy, but you get used to it and works pretty well overall with the WARTHOG.

1 Like

If it’s the B, it should have.

Any other model, it will not. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good refuel tutorial:

Hat-tip to

http://104thphoenix.com/

1 Like

A very nice USMC Harrier Force Flight Syllabus guide (link from the video above). Has pretty much everything in there, lots of detailed procedures.

Some nice bedtime reading!

2 Likes

With regards to the video, an important bit for me was the reference points, as in:

• The solid red line shows a good horizontal placement on the KC-130. Use the tip of the rotor blade circle edge.

• You can use the ‘Ready’ light on the top left to ‘keep it over the basket’ as you approach.

• Maintain this sort of gap as you move forward pre-connection to keep level:

3 Likes

Well, that works. Guess who can refuel from the KC-130 ← this guy. :frog:

I really do love this Harrier.

4 Likes

What about on the other basket? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Zeus discusses the Armament Control Panel:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3132966&postcount=1

1 Like

Can anyone confirm that laser search (LST) is NOT yet implemented? I have been flying online and have seen chat messages indicating successful GBU-12 drops from AV8b’s, but I am at a loss as to how that’s done. I tried doing it F-5 style (point in the general direction of the smoke) but have only succeeded at digging very expensive holes in the dirt.