Black Friday sales day

So yeah, its Black Friday sale day again, any like minded bargains you good people looking at?

Really am waiting until spring or summer at least for a new PC spec hardware upgrade, am really not suffering in current sim usage with my binned/delidded I7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Titan X Pascal, 32 GB ram ETC

AMD CPU the Ryzen 9 3950X was released yesterday or day before in the UK, but you cant buy one for love nor money, there were so few available, sold out in minutes and not due back in stock until Jan 2020 in UK apparently? … the better good stuff is coming early to mid next year though, Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti or whatever they choose to call it? Just hope Nvidia dont drip feed us usual, we’ll be overcharged for sure, but I’ve mitigated that somewhat by stopping upgrading every single year now … 2020 is my hardware upgrade year and a lot of that will depend on what we learn about the forthcoming MS 2020 in the near future (I hope) … one reliable person says its still actually based on old FSX code, but most of that code was thrown away? Totally ambiguous comment that leaves none of us any the wiser? FSX was poor for multi core usage on release, got slightly better for SP2/Acceleration/P3D … we really need more core usage for MS2020 to justify these new processors with crazy core count but somewhat lower single core speed than what I have just now.

But that’s all a while off, so no basic PC hardware upgrades for me just now and at the sales. Perhaps another large capacity SSD to replace a mechanical.

What I’m looking at is a new chair and desk set up, normally buy from Overclocker.co.uk and am about to push the button on the Knoblechairs HERO Real Leather Gaming Chair - Black … £579.95 and in stock, PU version, considerably cheaper, but leather is leather and breathing and longer lasting … its a well reviewed chair, have been using a Herman Miller Aeron chair for a good few years, its fine and will become my second PC chair, but its also finally showing some wear and tear now.

£579.95 may seem like a lot of money for a chair, but all my research suggests it will outlive many of my PC hardware upgrades in the foreseeable future, also, posture and health is everything.

One of the reasons I’m swinging towards this Hero chair purchase is because of a recent video from Monstor tech in Germany, it’s their chair of choice for bolt on HOTAS goodies, check it out … at end of post.

I’m also in the market for a complete new desk set up. I see some of the gaming desks on various sites, inc Amazon, all mostly way over priced and really dont need flashing disco light stuff, any recommendations for good ones please?, need something solid and without bling if possible.

Perhaps a new full sized mechanical keyboard too.

2 Likes

And I’m back from my days shopping already, couldn’t find any suitable Black Friday deals, but still had a bit of spare cash burning a hole in my pocket

This is what I’ve bought

From OcUK …

The Noblechairs noblechairs HERO Real Leather Gaming Chair - Black as in above link.

I can manage without another Mechanical keyboard, but this caught my interest …

In the description it says … "While most gaming keypads and keyboards register a singular input when pressing a key, the Razer Tartarus Pro is fitted with Razer Analog Optical Switches which can register scaling levels of input in the same motion depending on how far you press. This allows for a more measured and nuanced form of control.

For example, a half press will cause your character to walk, while a full press will get them to run. This type of control is similar to how you might move your character using analog thumbsticks on a controller"

I hope that works :slight_smile:

Also, noticed a German Ebayer still had some of the new Honeycomb Alpha yoke’s at a decent price … were 4 left after mine, these sold out real fast for the most part, have a Saitek Cessna Yoke that replaced a Saitek older yoke that replaced older CH yokes, its time to try out Honeycomb … its a well reviewed Yoke and if it works for me, can always sell my Saitek Cessna yoke to offset the price of this one … or just sell it on again, it will be fun to try it out for sure.

That’s my last PC Flight sim/gaming purchases for the year though.

That chair and the hotas mounts for it looks tempting.

Got a Ryzen 7 3800x to replace my 5yo i5-4690k. Hope this will work out, it‘s been a while since I trusted AMD with my money.

2 Likes

That chair is really cool. What a neat idea. Very tempting indeed.

1 Like

I got this.

Not a Black Friday Deal, per se, but released on Black Friday… When would you otherwise release the car of the Black Knight…?

3 Likes

Youngest son wants a PC for Christmas so handing down my 6700k and 16GB of 3000mhz RAM and updating my machine to a 9700k with 32g of RAM via some BF shopping.

2 Likes
© 2019 Mudspike.com | Articles Website | Forums Rules & FAQ