Buckle up!

I don’t see an FAA Part Number stamped on that bolt Mister!

2 Likes

And all of a sudden I’m totally out-nerded…! :astonished:

2 Likes

I’m just saying what @TheAlmightySnark was about to say… :wink:

2 Likes

Just grab some AN/MS/NAS bolts from work, surely there’s a box with leftovers somewhere? If not, there must be a few extra they can spare on those dashes :wink:

1 Like

Our techies never show us this box…
Bad for morale, I suppose. Or they know we are thieving cleptomaniacs who would sell it on ebay.

1 Like

A couple of flights in DCS and IL-2, with my new harness…
What can I say…?
It does restrict movement, which of course was expected. It adds realism, and adds to the immersion.

I guess Troll approves!

Yes, I’ll go join @BeachAV8R’s 2018 Health & Fitness thread now…

8 Likes

I’m waiting for the first time you forget you’re strapped in and you go to get out of your pit…

2 Likes

Will probably coincide with my daughter yelling «DAD! There’s a fire in the kitchen» or something similar :wink:

I’m imagining a hilarious VR Simpit Egress Procedure stencil for the side of the pit in big block letters.

*1. Place hand on known reference point.
*2. VR Headset - Remove.
*3. Harness - Release.
*4. Exit simulator.
5. Recover dignity.

3 Likes

That will really help…in VR… :wink:

2 Likes

@komemiute someone needs a bespoke cockpit with the above warning displayed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just rig a handle in the pit to a fire bottle in the kitchen… problem solved lol

3 Likes

could be worse

4 Likes

GOOSE!!!

That scene gets me everytime…!

LMAO you guys! I have enough problems with my neck. I nearly broke it last night while in a Korean war DF. I had to take some ibuprofen For Real.
While we are joking, I tried to block the sun with my hand in VR. I just had to laugh at myself.

3 Likes

Been there, done that… :wink:

Yes, VR flying is a much more physical experience than with a monitor and TrackIR.

I was on the IL2 “Berloga” air quake server yesterday and made myself sore twisting around. I mean letting go of the throttle, bracing against the armrest and REALLY twisting. (VR is a pretty good nerd workout!). There is no way I could do that wearing a six-point. In aerobatics, the shoulder harnesses are kept loose except for takeoff, landing or known pending crash. Kept tight, they can really damage your spine. In jets I suppose they do it much differently since you’d just be a rag doll during ejection. I have no idea how those guys keep their six in check.

1 Like

They’re usually strapped to the chute harness and the chute is linked to the seat with a reel at shoulder height. They can lean forward some, but the reel mechanism will pull the chute (with the pilot in it) back into the seat when ejecting.

I guess you do aerobatics with a chute? But also strap into the seat harness?

1 Like

Chute harness first, then strap into the seat. Seat stays with the plane…hopefully.

2 Likes

Please leave the inertia reel seat belts in the family car alone :policeman:

4 Likes