C-17 in the Star Wars canyon...go get em'...!

4 Likes

I woulda pooped myself if the back ramp and para doors had come open and they dropped a stick of paratroopers into Death Valley…

1 Like

Until last year around this time a friend of mine that volunteered at Planes of Fame was stationed at March so I was checking the date to see if it might have been a flight where he was the command pilot. Seems this is a recent flight so it wasn’t him flying, but he would have loved it. Used to almost lose my lunch at the thought of being on the plane when he talked about doing combat landings at night at the Baghdad airport.

Wheels

1 Like

Every time I’m down in Charleston, SC I fantasize about getting a ride on one of those C-17s… Now (apparently) we have some moving to Charlotte to displace the National Guard C-130s…wonder if my Mudspike credentials can get me a press ride?

2 Likes

Here you go Mr Cooper - I upgraded your Press badge - should get you in just fine.

4 Likes

That totally looks legit. I’m flying tomorrow and am gonna see how TSA responds to that one…

If that doesn’t work you can always try this pass:

https://goo.gl/images/BPg4SN

1 Like

[quote=“BeachAV8R, post:4, topic:2762, full:true”]
Every time I’m down in Charleston, SC I fantasize about getting a ride on one of those C-17s… Now (apparently) we have some moving to Charlotte to displace the National Guard C-130s…wonder if my Mudspike credentials can get me a press ride?[/quote]

Send a letter to the public relations department and see.

Wheels
(Lol, the forum saved this post I started the other day. Surprised me to see it when I opened this thread.)