Coming soon...KMAS

It is. Kings Mountain (the hill as it were) is just a few miles down the road.

1 Like

I visited Ferguson’s grave on the mountain in 2002

1 Like

It is (like all battlefields) an interesting place to visit. Such a compressed space. It is a bit cleared at the top for the monument to the battle, so one could imagine the density of the forest on the day of the battle and how lines of sight were terrible. If you were there in 2002 I’m not sure if the museum and new National Military Park building were in place at that time - it is a really nice museum with all kinds of examples and artifacts from the battle. Worth a revisit if you get through again!

Some footage of the museum can be seen at the timestamp below:

1 Like

There was little there, a few stone markers and a leaflet. A few display boards. Cowpens was ready for tourists, though I upset the Ranger there by referring to the War of Tax Evasion and that the Patriots fought for the King and their country. I did not mention the rebels war crimes shooting prisoners.

I only visited because my staff ticket for a flight to St Lucia for a beach holiday was bumped by BA. They sold all the staff tickets to Virgin Airlines after the VA 747 needed an unplanned deep clean (all onboard vomited). I took a trip to Charlotte leaving in ten minutes as a replacement, without even knowing what country it was in. On arrival I asked at the BA desk what to do for a holiday and we were sent to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Very pleased to have discovered an interesting area I would not otherwise have visited

1 Like

Oh god. That sounds like a vicious circle until everyone is dry heaving because there’s nothing left.

1 Like

Sounds like the pie eating competition from Stand By Me…

(slightly NSFW…LOL…)

2 Likes

near hurricane at Gatwick, slightly better when the 747 diverted to Manchester. All soft furnishings required replacement I was told