Computer reformat / reinstalling...

Had an infinite loop recently during boot, and had to reinstall Win 10 as recovering didnt work. Simply forgot to do a backup of the “my documents” and a few other folders, so I kind of lost all my saves in games which do not support cloud saves. Ouch. Fortunately I had made a few profile backups of my DCS World controller setups. Man, it sucks to rebind 40+ hotas mappings and axes for each plane/chopper. That said, ED really should include a “save all mappings for all available controllers for all vehicles” feature.

1 Like

That My Documents folder can contain a lot of useful stuff. I tried to go through it and find all the stuff I was most interested in. DCS campaign progress, logbooks, and Air Hauler 2 stuff. And yeah…HOTAS bindings can be a real problem…I’ve spent too many hours doing that for various sims…

1 Like

Yeah. Its life stealing. When you got a family, you want to really have some quality time when you got some time. Rebinding = not quality time. Fortunately the CH software is really awesome, and after a few years you sort of do things pretty quickly. I think that the most daunting thing for people trying to get into sims must be this aspect. You pretty much have NO clue what to map, and where to map it. I still havent even begun figuring out the A-10 yet, although I’ve read a few hours in its behemoth manual. Fortunately, in DCS you can divide mappings into sections, like throttle, collective stick buttons etc.

1 Like

Run this program man: Download BlueScreenView - MajorGeeks

Should help you figure it out :slight_smile:

1 Like