Im with You!!! Apache, Hind, Corsair or Mosquito???
I’d give up my dog for a MiG-17!
Ok, I don’t have a dog… but you get my drift
BigNewy just announced on Discord - Stable branch updated to yesterday’s Campaign Hotfix. So we have parity. I’ll mention this as well in the Fly-In thread!
- ED Team
- 60 posts
5 March 2021
Dear Fighter Pilots, Partners and Friends,
We are confident and believe we have a solid 2021 Roadmap in place that will see the addition of some very exciting new modules and core development improvements. Currently, we have begun testing the new clouds with our internal testers and look forward to receiving more feedback as we expand our testing program. Check out the In Development screenshots.
We would like to share further work on the island of Rota, Mariana. We are currently working on anomalies in the road networks as well as the ground objects and their paint textures. We are also working on the shoreline rock composition details.
We encourage you to review the F-5E Tiger II Black Sea Resolve campaign below. More details on how to get involved in mission creation can be found on the forum.
Thank you for your passion and support.
Eagle Dynamics Team
Over the past few weeks we pushed multiple minor campaign fixes out so you could continue enjoying these missions to the fullest. We would like to inform you of a longer than usual update cycle commencing now in the lead up to 2.7.
A few highlights that we would like to point out, which are also now available in Stable;
- Cockpit Missile Launch sound update.
- Added bulk cargo vessel Handy Wind with helipad
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet
- Added GMT/GMTT radar modes
- Added SEA Mode for radar
- Added functionality for ASPJ (jammer)
Singleplayer campaigns now in Stable
- DCS: F/A-18C Operation Pontus
- DCS: F-14A/B Zone 5
- DCS: F-5E Tiger II Black Sea Resolve ‘79
- DCS: AV-8B Sky Warrior Campaign
- DCS: F-16C Red Flag 21-1
- DCS: F/A-18C Rising Squall
Other notable improvements have moved to Stable, read the full changelog.
Rota Island is the smallest of the populated islands and the second southernmost island of the Marianas archipelago. Despite the fact that the island had a small Japanese garrison of more than 2000 men during WWII, American troops never invaded it. It was however bombed occasionally by the U.S Navy in attempts to silence Japanese warning transmissions about B-29 Superfortress bomber attacks.
Sinapalo village is the biggest settlement in the island and features Rota International Airport. The single runway was built and manned by the Japanese until the U.S Navy bombed it into disuse at the end of WWII. In September of 1945, the airfield was renovated and extended an impressive 5,000ft to serve as an emergency landing strip.
The Songsong village on the island of Rota is located along the southwestern part of the island. The village has a population of less than 1,000 inhabitants and boasts a recognisable landmark known as Wedding Cake mountain, Mt. Tinubal. The layered rock and capes have been recreated in detail to include the natural dips of volcanic rock structures and the gentle sloping forms of the limestone plateau in the North part of the island.
Black Sea Resolve ‘79
Black Sea Resolve is a fictional, story-based campaign that will test your A/A and A/G skills. Set March 1979, you will fly as part of an F-5E Tiger II squadron and support the independence of the former Soviet Union provinces.
25 story-driven missions
Over 300 voiceovers
Late 1970’s units set
Full-scale conflict that will progress throughout the campaign
A large variety of missions; CAP, CAS, RES-CAP, Iron Hand
Detailed briefings, kneeboard files, and supporting documentation
Thank you again for your passion and support,
For those using “Stable Release” version of DCS World, it has been updated today.
Introduced new campaigns:
- DCS: F-14 Zone 5 Campaign by Reflected Simulations.
- DCS: AV-8B Sky Warrior Campaign by Eagle86.
- DCS: F/A-18C Operation Pontus campaign by 373vFS_Greg, 373vFS_Petritis, Baltic Dragon.
- DCS: F-5E Black Sea Resolve '79 Сampaign by SorelRo.
- DCS: F-16C Red Flag 21-1 Campaign by Bunyap Campaigns.
- DCS: F/A-18C Rising Squall Campaign by Inverted.
- Sound. Fixed sound beating on external views with some angles of view.
- Ships placed in shallow water vanish - Fixed.
- MP. Visual damage to the carrier not shown on server rejoin - Fixed.
- MP. AI Aircraft phantoms. Some control surfaces do not show movement - Fixed.
- SA-2 (S-75). Corrected missile autopilot. Fixed high-probability miss.
- AI cold start with RADAR continuous search enabled on waypoint zero - Fixed.
- AI Ticonderoga class ships will fire even if they dont have line of sight for weapon - Fixed.
- Improvement. Player controlled ground unit now shown as white on F10 map.
- BTR-82. Added desert livery.
- Channel map. Units fall through bridges - Fixed.
- AI Continues to fire on aircraft after the pilot has bailed out - Fixed.
- F10 map. Measuring tool in F10 misaligned if Scale GUI not set to 1.0 - Fixed.
- MP. Blackout/Redout in MP - can still control aircraft - Fixed.
- 3D. Add new model Mk-82 Snakeye inert.
- AI aircraft. ‘Attack Group’ task appears broken - Fixed.
- The torpedo LTF5b misses the target - Fixed.
- AI aircraft. Escorts do not engage correctly, SP and MP Server - Fixed.
- AI F/A-18C should turn off radar if their ECM is ON - done.
- Voice chat. Returned the ability to select audio devices in simulation mode.
- NS 430: Manual brightness cannot be adjusted - Fixed (Caution - do not set to zero, as NS-430 screen will become unusable).
- M45 Quadmount doesn’t register hits because of incorrect armor thickness - Fixed.
- DCSUpdated Czech localization.
- Time of the bridge destruction is not recorded into track, that caused wrong replays - Fixed.
- Cockpit Missile Launch sound update.
- Module Manager. Allow to uninstall multiple modules at once.
- AGM-154 JSOW final maneuver miss - Fixed.
- ME. Fixed GUI Error while trying to save mission when window “New mission setting” is open.
- ME. Triggers. INITIALIZATION SCRIPT buttons (Open, Reset) doesn’t work - Fixed.
- Fixed a typo in checkMaxDistance function which prevented it’s proper work with marker beacons.
- Fixed bug in the global Radio that should have led to some improvement of game performance.
- Ships. Added bulk cargo vessel Handy Wind with helipad.
- ZSU-57 recoil animation without shot for left barrel - Fixed.
- Crash when loading a mission with F/A-18A - Fixed.
- Crash on unit collision with static map object in some cases - Fixed.
- Updated French localization.
- Updated Japanese localization.
- Updated Russian input translations.
- Crash in avArmamentControl_AYK22_F18 - Fixed.
- MP. Crash from the conflict between different versions of the Tarawa ship scripts - Fixed.
- MP. New network predictor for aircraft.
- Crash Stack Overflow crash on wcWing::trySelectAndAssignTargetGroup - Fixed.
- AI WWII. AI will follow in climb until overheat - Fixed.
DCS MiG-21bis by Magnitude 3
- Adjusted cockpit gauges’ glass reflections.
DCS JF-17 by Deka Ironwork Simulations
- Added: AG Radar TA mode.
- Added: cockpit throttle texture.
- Added: clickable mirror.
- Added: call ground crew to reinstall/refill supplies (drag chute, oxy bottle, etc).
- Added: if M>=1.35, cannot move the throttle from AB zone to [IDLE, MIL] zone unless the throttle emergency button is pushed down. Otherwise, it may cause engine surge or even flameout.
- Added: gun sight/limiter preset in special option panel.
- Added: more keyboard binding for knobs.
- Fixed: number of tracked contacts in TWS mode (up to 10).
- Fixed: SD10 not track jamming target after radar burn through.
- Fixed: if radar not burnt through jam, SD10 can still loft.
- Fixed: radar un-notchable (need more tuning).
- Fixed: radar HOJ contact status not updated if jam after lock/track.
- Fixed: SMS program not reset if DTC updated after rearm.
- Fixed: pod still works after disappearing from pylon.
- Fixed: campaign 07/09 localization.
- Adjusted: chaff/flare program burst can be salvo (check your special option panel).
- Adjusted: if born in air, it will not trigger foggy canopy, until land and open canopy then fly high (if relative humidity is high on ground).
- Adjusted: zeroizer seat function switch turned on by default in cold start (Don’t forget to turn it off before repair!).
- Adjusted: throttle keyboard control step size.
- Updated: localization (CN, RU, DE, ES, and FR) and credits.
- Updated: cockpit model and texture.
- Added: Radar elevation slew rate in special option (need to re-check your previous settings).
- Fixed: c701 weird axis behavior when zoom in.
- Fixed: gun limiter preset not work.
- Fixed: oesp program type mismatched.
- Fixed: wmd7 on wing station causes laser guided weapon impact deviation.
- Fixed: throttle axis movement when M>=1.35.
- Fixed: crash in campaign 02.
China Asset Pack by Deka Ironwork Simulations
- Adjusted: all ground units use WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER as wstype4.
- Adjusted: weapon rcs.
- Fixed: ZTZ-96B collision model.
- Adjusted: JF-17 can carry only one of the same pod.
DCS AV-8B N/A by RAZBAM Simulations
- Added: Missing keybinding for seat height adjustment.
- Added: JDAM Terminal Parameters are enabled.
- Added: AGR20 - APKWS II guided rockets.
- Updated: USS Tarawa: Changed the missiles from Sea Sparrows to RIM-116 RAMs.
- Updated: Changed Course Knob to Course Switch functionality.
- Updated: Rocket options: FFAR rockets (Mighty Mouse) have been deleted.
- Updated: JDAM LAR representation on the EHSD.
- Updated: Added 1.5 sec delay for JDAM release. This is the time the AC computer takes to send the bomb the target coordinates and terminal parameters.
- Updated: High quantity bomb loadouts for consistency in weight and drag.
- Improvement: Engine sounds with the assistance of 112th_Rossi.
- Improvement: MPCD converted to Stroke (SVG) symbology.
- Improvement: JDAM Data Block enabled in the EHSD.
- Fixed: Course line not appearing for target points.
- Fixed: WYPT and WO/S position when map is North-UP and Magnetic Heading selected.
- Fixed: Map rotation when it is North-Up and Magnetic Heading selected.
- Fixed: TCN and TO/S position when map is North-Up and Magnetic Heading selected.
- Fixed: AWLS station position when map is North-Up and Magnetic Heading selected.
- Fixed: SEQ. not displaying correctly on EHSD.
- Fixed: Analog clock shows only ZULU time regardless of cockpit time set in ME.
- Fixed: ALE-47 is OFF when starting in the air.
- Fixed: EHSD bearing indicator always uses True Heading (fixed with SVG).
- Fixed: TD symbol missing dot in center (fixed with SVG).
- Fixed: EHSD course line remains green when a different color is selected.
- Fixed: EW not resetting ECM dispensing program after rearm.
- Fixed: CCIP cross and BFL still visible after all bombs have been released.
- Fixed: Corrected position of wing tip vortices for KC-130.
- Fixed: MPCD displays show on same spot when display mode is HUD ONLY.
- Fixed: Aircraft going supersonic when high quantity bomb loadouts are released.
- Fixed: DMT HUD symbology.
- Update: LHA Tarawa search radar definitions.
- Fixed: ground roll stutter when moving from stopped position.
- Fixed: aircraft rolling forward when chocks removed.
- Fixed: position of AN/AAQ-28 LITENING on wing pylons.
- Fixed: Corrected issue where refueling empty external tanks and then dropping them would result in aircraft unrecoverable spin.
- Fixed: AG Gun gunsight boresight.
- Ottoman Courier Campaign:
- Prologue M02: fixed rare issue where mission would not progress after radio switch to range.
- fixed issue with truck hitting the Georgian UH-1.
- fixed issue with N14 not taxiing.
DCS M-2000C by RAZBAM Simulations
- Added: New keyboard bindings. See forum entry for complete list.
- Added: New axes. See forum entry for complete list.
- Added: NVG gain (with keyboard binding).
- Updated: HSI VAD rho/theta select behavior.
- Updated: ADI Cage/Uncage mechanism behavior.
- Improvement: INS Vertical Update.
- Improvement: INS Oblique Update.
- Improvement: Updated exterior Model LODs to show Navigation Lights better when further away.
- Fixed: Cockpit flood light rheostat.
- Fixed: HSI adjustment knob behaviour.
- Fixed: Locked target becoming DO when decreasing range.
- Fixed: boresight/vertical scan display order.
- Fixed: Radar ACM mode elevation bug.
- Fixed: IFF HUD “A” or “F”(english) symbol not shown on Magic triangle lock.
- Fixed: HUD FPM wrong drift caging at high bank angles.
- Fixed: Wrong altitude transitions for HUD FPM caging/uncaging.
- Fixed: Behavior for UVHF preset knob when using manual freq.
- Fixed: OBL radar cue to match beam position.
- Fixed: Flood Light effects.
- Fixed: Radar screen range switch limited to 80nm. Now you can select 160 and 320 display ranges.
- Fixed: PCN ΔLat/ΔLon distance factor.
- Fixed: Wrong ΔAlt input in PCN.
- Fixed: green radio ch knob not turning when radio off.
- Fixed: Wrong TWS Closing Velocity.
- Fixed: TACAN not working.
- Fixed: Radar slow elevation increase.
- Fixed: CCRP turn cues (inverted and not reacting to roll).
- Fixed: Added INS switch on to Autostart sequence.
- Fixed: Police light ON/OFF switch.
- Fixed: IFF set OFF on Air Start but still operates as if on.
- Fixed: Adding more than 5 waypoints to VTB does not remove the oldest one.
- Fixed: Can only add 4 waypoints to VTB instead of 5.
- Fixed: VTB WP persistence across flights.
- Fixed: CCRP-IP release cue.
- Fixed: HUD WP reticle at correct place with wrong INS alignment.
- Fixed: Waypoints position displayed on VTB is not affected by the INS drift.
- Fixed: VTB Waypoints can’t be added if outside radar azimuth cone.
- Fixed: VTB Waypoint system stuck when 5 waypoints are added.
- M-2000 Autostart crash - Fixed.
DCS C-101 Aviojet by AvioDev
- Fixed C-101EB Syria medium landing quickstart mission.
- Fixed C-101 EB IFR Flight training mission.
- Fixed boarding ladder, helmet and chocks flickering at cold start.
- Fixed excessive pitch up moment during takeoff when using correct trimming.
- Added trim margin to landing phase.
- Modified elevator efficacy. Now the control stick has to be pulled further backwards during takeoff, as in the real airplane.
- Reduced engine pitch moment.
- Fixed Heading Reference System drift when flying headings close to 360º or 180º.
- Added C-101CC IFR training missions (EN and ES).
- Added C-101 Campaign.
DCS F/A-18C Hornet by ED
- Added GMT/GMTT radar modes.
- Added SEA Mode for radar.
- Added functionality for ASPJ (jammer).
- Added functionality for S/A and AUTO ALE modes.
- Added Transmit Designate (TXDSG) option on the Situational Awareness display.
- Added Fuel Low BIT.
- Added Bullseye on Hornet Targeting Pod.
- Added Black Area Along Top of Targeting Pod Display.
- Added BDU-45.
- Added Auto lase for GBU-24.
- Jamming targets not displayed on radar, should be in dugout - Fixed.
- RWR Contacts displayed on the wrong azimuth - Fixed.
- Change OFFSET function logic - no more freezing symbols.
- When on the ground with weight on wheels, it should be possible for the player to create/edit countermeasure programs - Fixed.
- After command AACQ on the target, the acq point cue remains frozen on the display, even when press undesignate to return to search - Fixed.
- Acq point cue should not be displayed if an L&S exists - Fixed.
- CCIP Gun piper aims low on first run of DCS - Fixed.
- AGM-154a PP missing target - Fixed.
- FPS Hit on user track using EXP-1 - Fixed.
- TWS mixes with other modes - Fixed.
- Issue with maverick after rearm, display fails - Fixed.
- Moving the TDC or simply manoeuvring render the radar beam stuck - Fixed.
- GMT mode can cause significant FPS drop - Fixed.
- Radar raw hits and tracks are displayed in AOT zone - Fixed.
- RTS GACQ not displayed when radar tracks target with GUN selected - Fixed.
- Missile flyout symbol in radar page is not azimuth stabilized - Fixed.
- TWS BIAS azimuth centering can cause radar to get stuck at the new azimuth center - Fixed.
- TGP target point on SA page behaviour is opposite to TGP movement when DCNTR is used on SA page - Fixed.
- Radar scan can lag or get stuck under heavy maneuvers - Fixed.
- TWS mode. Radar sweep can become stuck during scan - Fixed.
- JADM Crossed out in DDI but not HUD - Fixed.
- AGM-65E can’t be fired with Mav page as SOI in certain conditions - Fixed.
- “Right Engine RPM Failure: Auto Start Stopped” - Fixed.
- SLAM X’d out in DDI but not in HUD - Fixed.
- FTT break lock on TDC HUD - Fixed.
- Barometric pressure knob sensitivity - Fixed.
- Walleye jettison issue - Fixed.
- Fix Hat symbol on RWR for aerial emitters - Fixed.
- Jammed radar can support SARH tracking - Fixed.
- FLOOD mode issues - Fixed.
- When you start AACQ when B-sweep left from the target, it move on left after targeting - Fixed.
- After undesignate target ACQ Point Cue still show - Fixed.
- SD-10 missile appears as U in RWR - Fixed.
- Gauntlet instant action syria mission problems - Fixed.
- A2G radar. Oil rigs are not shown in sea mode - Fixed.
- PAI Phantom pilot remains in the brace position after catapult launch - Fixed.
- Sensor control switch left doesn’t display Az/El anymore after re-entering A/A mode - Fixed.
- F18 Dispenser program 1 not showing when starting from ground - Fixed.
- TXDSG and SA page Provides ranging to jamming tracks - Fixed.
- Hook bypass switch solenoid not functional - Fixed.
- Added missing czech Hornet training localizations.
- Hornet sounds like chopper - Fixed.
- GACQ - search pattern off - Fixed.
- Crash cockpit::F18::avArmamentControl_AYK22_F18 - Fixed.
- Datalink on Attack Radar only showing on max range - Fixed.
- Reduced sound stutter on close up views.
DCS F-16C Viper by ED
- Moving the TDC or simply manoeuvring renders the radar beam stuck - Fixed.
- Speed brake close seems too fast - Fixed.
- NO Waypoints set can not move tgp in CCRP - Fixed.
- AIM-54 shows as a U in RWR - Fixed.
- Barometric pressure knob sensitivity - Fixed.
- New single missions - Titles in caps. Does not match other missions - Fixed.
- Steering Select Autopilot Error - Fixed.
- Improve Shutdown sounds.
- RS on HARM and SD / 11 Filter creates count down problem - Fixed.
- Added Chinese Viper Early Access Manual.
- Fixed typos in TWS & Link-16 Training mission.
- Updated Viper Early Access Manual.
DCS F-5E Tiger II by ED
- The headwind and tailwind anomalies have now been fixed.
- SD-10 missile appears as U in RWR - Fixed.
DCS A-10C II Tank killer by ED
- CCIP mode uses the wrong elevation - Fixed.
- Updates to HOTAS CMS functionality.
- Jammer now stops after 10 seconds timeout in AUTO mode only.
- Countermeasure HOTAS Command Change.
- Implemented jammer automatic OFF function in AUTO when the threat is not valid anymore (takes 3 seconds timeout in any case).
- Oil Pressure Gauges Oscillate prior to Engine Start - Fixed.
- Added ‘Current MA’ HMCS profile item to control current MA objective symbol (the red triangle) occlusion.
- HMCS ground PPLI setting not respected - Fixed.
DCS P-47D Thunderbolt by ED
- Damage geometry parts updated.
- Fixed animations for brake pipes.
- Tail buffet destroyed the tail too quickly - Fixed.
- Open cowl flaps destruction from buffeting.
- Light and compass light dimmers animation fix.
- Cockpit. Some labels missing proper name - Fixed.
DCS Bf-109 K4 Kurfürst by ED
- Fixed typos in IA Missions.
- Added Russian localization for IA Missions.
DCS P-51D Mustang by ED
- P-51D: full rudder authority with missing rudder surface - Fixed.
DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations
- NEW: Added ability to enter length and heading associated with waypoints on TID.
- NEW: Added Co-Op version of Operation Reforger.
- NEW: Added SuperCarrier version of Operation Reforger (WIP).
- Added clickable cockpit on/off toggle to mouse keybindings.
- Added Eng online manual URL to /Docs/.
- Fixed AIM-9 Training Mission.
- Fixed M-61 Training Mission.
- Fixed various issues in Operation Reforger Campaign (typos, bugs, etc.).
- Fixed Walkman crashing to desktop when switching tape sides.
- Associate launched TWS AIM-54 with a track rather than object; to disambiguate multiple tracks with the same target object.
- Internal work on missile API abstraction layer for future API changes.
- Fixed JESTER staying in TWS-A with inflight missiles but no launched TWS tracks.
- Fixed JESTER B-1 Lancer callouts.
- Prioritized kneeboard datalink list by AWACS, Carrier, others.
- Fixed RIO Airspeed indicator bugs not being able to be set.
- Fixed clock becoming inaccurate over time.
- Slightly improved DDD shader performance.
- Fixed night backlighting on RIO weapons drum (TURN visible constantly).
- Fixed gaps in ECS tubing connections.
- Fixed various instances of Z-Fighting.
- Increased AoA indicator peak brightness.
- Fixed Indexer brightness control not influencing AOA indexer light intensity.
- Fixed G Meter needle clipping into its dial face.
- Increased brightness/reach of refuel probe light.
- Fixed DN LOCK ORIDE lever moving with emerg hyd pump handle.
- Fixed first digit in the Mode 3/A code panel animating incorrectly.
- Added missing stencil for missile cooling.
- Fixed formation lights not being visible in LoD 1.
- Adjusted various aspects of TID rendering for more accuracy:
- Increased space between radar upper/lower and elev angle.
- Repositioned weapon status.
- Fixed missing + inside circle of own aircraft symbol.
- Fixed missing altitude on some waypoint symbols.
- Slightly tweaked degree and minute symbol positions in TID font.
- Slightly tweaked degree symbol shape (now less round) in TID font.
- Added decimal point to lat long format and moved minute symbol to the end.
- Fixed max length of all TID vectors from 1.35" to 1.5".
- Fixd JETT button moving together with ORIDE lever.
- Fixed unbalanced internal afterburner sounds (L/R balance).
- Added some TF-30 intake whine to interior sounds for F-14A.
- Fixed playback location of afterburner sounds internally.
- Improved sound balance in the cockpit slightly.
- Adjusted drag for fuselage fuel tanks.
- Fixed some instances of TF-30 disassembly/fire at ~Mach 1.
- Fixed DLC ground spoiler operation.
- Fixed Man devices partial deploy issue.
- Adjusted TIT high altitude temperature model.
- Added downlock override for landing gear.
- Increased pitch with power effects.
- Tweaked drag in the transonic region.
- Fixed a crash where jettisoning certain weapons would crash.
- Fixed one half of VF-103 appearing black/dark.
- Improved/Fixed STT collision steering algorithm.
- Fixed radar max range gate on PLM/VSL/MRL and PAL transitional acquisition modes.
- Fixed show CR (course) prefix for tracks instead of MC (magnetic course).
DCS: AJS-37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations
- Fixed issue where nav-fixes would be made after switching out of Maverick-sighting.
- Multiple fixes to FLI and ADI gyroscopes, amongst other fixing drift simulation and (mis-)alignment.
- Increased the strength of the Landing/Taxi light.
- Fixed weapon selector RR mode erroneously overriding take-off symbology.
- Fixed flares empty (FACKL SL) indication not resetting after re-arm.
- Fixed Brä 24% (FUEL 24%) not causing a master caution warning.
- Corrected RB-75 guidance for aircraft targets.
DCS: SA-342 Gazelle by Polychop Simulations
- Fixed color of external lights.
- Fixed view distance of external lights.
- Added ammo type selection for the SA-342L’s GIAT M621 cannon to the mission editor loadout screen and ingame rearm / refuel screen.
DCS UH-1H Huey by ED
- Gunner setting (for both modes - single player and multicrew).
- Added advanced view settings for gunner view and gun direction. Now the player can uncouple them from each other using two presets: with the head tracking devices (such as TrackIR or VR) and without such devices, and also assign the gun to other axis controlling devices. In addition, with a head tracking device, the gunner view and gun direction are automatically uncoupled.
- Also fix some bugs, rename input profile for VR and TrackIR, and without VR and TrackIR.
- UH-1H UN Mission 2. Trigger zone too small - Fixed.
DCS Black Shark by ED
- Ka-50. corrected single missions received except Ka-50 - Night Patrol.miz.
- Courier single mission. Removed a soldier running through the nose of a helicopter.
Flaming Cliffs by ED
- Su-25T. Implement a HUD colour shield.
- F-15C. SD-10 missile appears as U in RWR - Fixed.
DCS Combined Arms by ED
- Fixed damage caused by ZSU-57-2 HE-shells.
- Fixed ammunition amount for BTR-82A.
Mi-8MTV2 The Crew campaign by Stone Sky:
- 1.11Combat and 1.10Arctic. Corrected tiggers.
F/A-18C Serpents Head 2 campaign by Badger 633:
- Mission 4 Camp 2 Rev 16TH. Update of ship fired missiles.
- Mission 7. Marshall vehicle drifted to different route and prevented another vehicle from accessing a critical trigger - Fixed.
F/A-18C Raven One campaign by Baltic Dragon:
- Mission 05. Reduced chance that Prince will hit the water during the dogfight.
- Mission 06. Updated Marshal frequency to match the kneeboard.
M-2000C Red Flag campaign by Baltic Dragon:
- Mission 04. Fixed issue with Banshee flight stuck on WP 2.
- Mission 15. Fixed issue with flight lead orbiting instead of turning.
The Enemy Within 3.0 campaign by Baltic Dragon:
- Mission 13. Fixed rare problem where rescue helos (Uzi) would crash into each other on takeoff.
Bf 109 K-4 Jagdflieger, F-86F Hunters over the Yalu, DCS: Fw 190 A-8 Horrido!, P-51D: The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney, Spitfire IX The Big Show by Reflected Simulations:
- More realistic flak and AAA.
- AI behavior tunings.
- Mission progression fixes.
The Border campaign by Armen Murazyan:
- Mission 8 - Radio hunting. Radio signal source did not appear on time - Fixed.
A-10C Stone Shield campaign by ED:
- Redesigned missions.
A-10C Basic Flight Training campaign by Maple Flag Missions:
- A-10C BFT Campaign voice overs replaced and various triggers updated to improve playability.
- A-10C II BFT Campaigns created and included in the campaign package.
Memory of a Hero Campaign by Stone Sky:
- Mission 13. Fixed escort route for Mi-24.
- Mission 15. Fixed the number of enemy armored vehicles.
F-86F Hunters over the Yalu Campaign by Reflected Simulations:
- Flak defenses fine tuned for survivability
DCS: UH-1H Worlds Apart - Spring 2025 от Low-Level-Heaven:
- Mission 2 and 3 - Adjusted AI behaviour
- ED Team
- 61 posts
12 March 2021
Dear Fighter Pilots, Partners and Friends,
We have selected the ten winners of the P-47D Thunderbolt Livery competition. They will all receive the DCS: Mosquito FB Mk.VI for their inspired and talented efforts. Please see below. Their work will form part of the standard offering and the names of the artists will be added to the credits. Thank you to all participants for the excellent work.
We are hard at work with DCS World 2.7 and in addition to the new clouds you can expect to see substantial new Hornet and Viper features, updates to The Channel and Syria maps, improved fire effects, enhanced structural damage modelling for the WWII aircraft, updated sound effects, new World War II propeller disk animation, and more.
The DCS World 2.7 Open Beta will also bring DCS: F/A-18C Hornet and The Channel Map out of Early Access and into Release State.
Thank you for your passion and support.
Eagle Dynamics Team
We would like to extend a special thanks to all the participants in the P-47D Thunderbolt Livery Competition. Our ten winners are listed below, with MateusOV having two liveries included.
Mike Busutil: WarChief
danperin: 61st FS 8th AF HV-Z
Waynos: RAF Thunderbolt
Giskvoosk: Chief Ski-U-Mah
EL_LEJI: 5th Emergency Rescue Squadron
BoNidle: The Trojan Warhorse
Flanker: P-47 USSR Air Force ( gray - blue )
All winners will receive a copy of DCS: Mosquito FB Mk.VI once Early Access is released.
In order to simplify mission creation and weather selection, we have designed a large number of cloud presets which are convenient to select from the Mission Editor. Here are a few thumbnails to give you an idea of what will be available.
Thunderbolt pilots often claimed that they could fly the P-47 through a brick wall and live. The P-47 Thunderbolt, nicknamed the Jug, served the United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) in both the European and Pacific theaters. In total, 15,636 were built between 1941 and 1945. Many countries including France, the United Kingdom, the Soviet Union, Mexico, and Brazil also operated Thunderbolt to great success.
The P-47D excelled in the role of fighter-bomber due to its heavy armament, rugged construction and Pratt & Whitney R2800 Double Wasp radial engine that was extremely reliable and capable of absorbing serious enemy fire. In addition to the impressive eight .50-caliber machine guns with 425 rounds per gun, the Jug was armed with bombs and rockets in the ground attack role. The P-47 saw action from 1943 in the bomber escort role before being replaced by the P-51 Mustang, which had longer range and higher performance as a fighter.
Thank you again for your passion and support,
Potentially good news for our VR users - when asked about performance impact @bignewy replied to a facebook comment that he hadn’t noticed a change in performance himself.
Also these clouds from the presets will not be 100% static, they will move (and be sync’d in doing so) - this is not to say they are dynamic yet. Afaik, that is still due to come later.
Target date for this is end of March to Open Beta!
Pretty excited that we will see some viper updates in the next release (and thereafter with the Hornet out of EA). The Viper is in need of some love.
Just release the hind …please…
112 posts were split to a new topic: ‘Early Access’ Release Model Discussion
I’m not saying where in that video the “What’s that doing there…?” Wags-like comment is…
Heh. Thats a mean one Chris!
Dear Fighter Pilots, Partners and Friends,
We are pleased to announce two new multiplayer features for DCS: Supercarrier. These will be available in the coming update of DCS World 2.7.0 and will offer the ability for human LSOs to control the ‘cut lights’ and ‘wave off lights’ for network players on approach. All our main updates to DCS: Supercarrier are also being worked on and their release is planned for Q3 2021. These enhancements include the Air boss and his ops station, detailed briefing room and PLAT camera along with many other improvements.
This week we would like to show you some of the progress being made on Guam. As well as allround fine tuning, we are currently working on night lighting, in particular along the roads. The map has been in internal testing for a while and we are finalising verification of airfield functionality, checking for topographic anomalies and correcting graphic inconsistencies and glitches. We feel that we are getting very close. Please do take a look at some of the details below.
We recognise that you are champing at the bit for the release of 2.7 and in particular looking forward to enjoying the new clouds. We feel the same way but we want to take all necessary measures required to deliver this new build with a minimum number of issues and so we are working overtime to bring you the best we can. We sincerely apologise for the delay.
Thank you for patience, understanding and for your passion and support. Happy Easter!
Eagle Dynamics Team
Features for Q321
The 3D Air Boss (PriFly) station will come with the possibility to control deck flood lights, the speed and direction of the carrier, and monitor the PLAT camera. In addition, we will implement launch and recovery operations from the Air Boss (PriFly) via 5MC messages.
The 3D Briefing Room will offer interactive squadron meeting capability. This is particularly interesting for multiplayer action, pre-mission start and for after action review. Our Integrated Voice Chat will also allow real-time coms with your squadron. An interactive map, PLAT camera, Greenie and Kill boards will provide simultaneous online statistics during mission progression. Each pilot seat in the briefing room includes an interactive tablet that will allow you to control the fueling and arming of your aircraft.
Red Flag 21-1
Third party Campaign
Enjoy this very realistic campaign by one of our most respected 3rd party developers, Bunyap. Operate out of Nellis AFB, Nevada in F-16C Viper and fly against adversaries in an exceptionally well researched Red Flag campaign.
- 10 highly detailed missions based on the actual Red Flag exercises with optional air start
- Precise and authentic PDF mission briefings adapted from USAF standards
- 20-page Campaign Guide and 50-page Standard Operating Procedures document
- Hundreds of authentic voice overs
With 540 km2, Guam is the largest and most populated island of the Marianas archipelago. It lies about 5,800 miles (9,300 km) west of San Francisco and 1,600 miles (2,600 km) east of Manila.
The Chamoru people settled on the island approximately 3,500 years ago and were essentially disconnected from the rest of the world until the Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan discovered the island on March 6, 1521. Guam was subsequently colonized by Spain more than a century later in 1668. During the Spanish–American War, the United States captured Guam on June 21, 1898. On December 8, 1941, hours after the attack on Pearl Harbor, Guam was captured by the Japanese, who occupied the island for two and a half years. American forces recaptured the island on July 21, 1944. Since the 1960s, Guam’s economy has been supported primarily by tourism and the U.S. military, for which Guam is a major strategic asset.
When arriving in Guam, one of the first things you will see is “Antonio B. Won Pat International”. Originally built by the Japanese during the occupation, it became a base for the USAAF B-24 “Liberator” bombers in 1944-45. In 1947, the USAAF turned over the airfield to the United States Navy, who operated it as Naval Air Station Agana until 1995. Civilian use of the airport began in 1967 when the International terminal was opened. From this time onwards, the airport has been reconstructed and upgraded many times in order to cope with the growing air traffic and passenger requirements.
Guam is a multi-ethnic island with a current population of more than 160,000 people. The island is divided into 19 municipal villages and required the terrain team to develop a large number of new and adapted ground assets. With tourism being the most prominent component of the island’s economy, there are a lot of hotels and golf courses dotted along Tumon Bay.
This is the Dandan solar plant that boasts over 120,000 solar voltaic panels capable of generating more than 25 megawatts of power.
Guam is home to one of Trans World Radio’s major Pacific transmitter stations. This multinational evangelical Christian media organization goes out to more than 190 countries.
Our upcoming work is to advance work on the many military assets that are so prominent on the islands. We will show you some details in a future newsletter.
Thank you for your passion and support,
Now I want to go on a Hash Run! On on!
Great to hear about the Supper Carrier getting some love. Roll on 2021 Q3.
Unrelated to anything so far-- but I’d kill for an F-100 Super Sabre in DCS.
R U? (See you at the first down-down)
The secret handshake is complete. Now, where do we go to ■■■■ out the fire?