DCS 2.5/2.7 Update Thread (2021)

just saw this over at the WIP screen shots at ED… just please release it …

11 Likes

Remember that today isn’t quite over yet. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m not saying where in that video the “What’s that doing there…?” Wags-like comment is…

2 Likes

Heh. Thats a mean one Chris!

1 Like

Dear Fighter Pilots, Partners and Friends, :pilotfly:

We are pleased to announce two new multiplayer features for DCS: Supercarrier. These will be available in the coming update of DCS World 2.7.0 and will offer the ability for human LSOs to control the ‘cut lights’ and ‘wave off lights’ for network players on approach. All our main updates to DCS: Supercarrier are also being worked on and their release is planned for Q3 2021. These enhancements include the Air boss and his ops station, detailed briefing room and PLAT camera along with many other improvements.

This week we would like to show you some of the progress being made on Guam. As well as allround fine tuning, we are currently working on night lighting, in particular along the roads. The map has been in internal testing for a while and we are finalising verification of airfield functionality, checking for topographic anomalies and correcting graphic inconsistencies and glitches. We feel that we are getting very close. Please do take a look at some of the details below.

We recognise that you are champing at the bit for the release of 2.7 and in particular looking forward to enjoying the new clouds. We feel the same way but we want to take all necessary measures required to deliver this new build with a minimum number of issues and so we are working overtime to bring you the best we can. We sincerely apologise for the delay.

Thank you for patience, understanding and for your passion and support. Happy Easter!

Yours sincerely,

Eagle Dynamics Team

Supercarrier

Features for Q321

Hero1.png

The 3D Air Boss (PriFly) station will come with the possibility to control deck flood lights, the speed and direction of the carrier, and monitor the PLAT camera. In addition, we will implement launch and recovery operations from the Air Boss (PriFly) via 5MC messages.

Hero2.png

The 3D Briefing Room will offer interactive squadron meeting capability. This is particularly interesting for multiplayer action, pre-mission start and for after action review. Our Integrated Voice Chat will also allow real-time coms with your squadron. An interactive map, PLAT camera, Greenie and Kill boards will provide simultaneous online statistics during mission progression. Each pilot seat in the briefing room includes an interactive tablet that will allow you to control the fueling and arming of your aircraft.

Red Flag 21-1

Third party Campaign

Hero4.png

Enjoy this very realistic campaign by one of our most respected 3rd party developers, Bunyap. Operate out of Nellis AFB, Nevada in F-16C Viper and fly against adversaries in an exceptionally well researched Red Flag campaign.

Key features:

• 10 highly detailed missions based on the actual Red Flag exercises with optional air start
  • Precise and authentic PDF mission briefings adapted from USAF standards
  • 20-page Campaign Guide and 50-page Standard Operating Procedures document
  • Hundreds of authentic voice overs

DCS: F-16C Red Flag 21-1 Campaign by Bunyap

Steam Store: DCS: F-16C Viper Red Flag 21-1 Campaign on Steam (steampowered.com)

Introducing Guam

Development Progress

Hero5.png

With 540 km2, Guam is the largest and most populated island of the Marianas archipelago. It lies about 5,800 miles (9,300 km) west of San Francisco and 1,600 miles (2,600 km) east of Manila.

The Chamoru people settled on the island approximately 3,500 years ago and were essentially disconnected from the rest of the world until the Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan discovered the island on March 6, 1521. Guam was subsequently colonized by Spain more than a century later in 1668. During the Spanish–American War, the United States captured Guam on June 21, 1898. On December 8, 1941, hours after the attack on Pearl Harbor, Guam was captured by the Japanese, who occupied the island for two and a half years. American forces recaptured the island on July 21, 1944. Since the 1960s, Guam’s economy has been supported primarily by tourism and the U.S. military, for which Guam is a major strategic asset.

Hero6.png

When arriving in Guam, one of the first things you will see is “Antonio B. Won Pat International”. Originally built by the Japanese during the occupation, it became a base for the USAAF B-24 “Liberator” bombers in 1944-45. In 1947, the USAAF turned over the airfield to the United States Navy, who operated it as Naval Air Station Agana until 1995. Civilian use of the airport began in 1967 when the International terminal was opened. From this time onwards, the airport has been reconstructed and upgraded many times in order to cope with the growing air traffic and passenger requirements.

Hero7.png

Guam is a multi-ethnic island with a current population of more than 160,000 people. The island is divided into 19 municipal villages and required the terrain team to develop a large number of new and adapted ground assets. With tourism being the most prominent component of the island’s economy, there are a lot of hotels and golf courses dotted along Tumon Bay.

Hero8.png

This is the Dandan solar plant that boasts over 120,000 solar voltaic panels capable of generating more than 25 megawatts of power.

Hero9.png

Guam is home to one of Trans World Radio’s major Pacific transmitter stations. This multinational evangelical Christian media organization goes out to more than 190 countries.

Hero10.png

Our upcoming work is to advance work on the many military assets that are so prominent on the islands. We will show you some details in a future newsletter.

Thank you for your passion and support,

Kind regards,

15 Likes

Now I want to go on a Hash Run! On on!

1 Like

Great to hear about the Supper Carrier :plate_with_cutlery: getting some love. Roll on 2021 Q3.

5 Likes

Unrelated to anything so far-- but I’d kill for an F-100 Super Sabre in DCS.

6 Likes

R U? (See you at the first down-down)

1 Like

The secret handshake is complete. Now, where do we go to ■■■■ out the fire?

2 Likes

Cool - Viggen fixes I’ve been waiting for.

DCS 2.7.9.18080 Open Beta

DCS 2.7.9.18080 Open Beta

DCS World

• Fix Returned net.* API to Mission Scripting environment.
  • F-15E, JSOW start fixed.
  • F-16C. Crash due to changes in cockpit local files fixed.
  • Su-25. Crash during repair fixed.
  • Screen flickers black in some case - fixed.

DCS: L-39 Albatros by Eagle Dynamics

• Training missions: wrong takeoff direction fixed.

DCS: MiG-19P Farmer by RAZBAM

• Communication menu fixed.

DCS: AJS-37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations

• Incorrect waypoints fixed.

Campaigns

L-39 Albatros: Kursant Campaign by Eagle Dynamics:

• Mission 10: Wind tuning.
3 Likes

I guess I’m going to have to get off my…röv?..and get this thing that sounds like fade diet. Cause I like it low and fast.

2 Likes

great job fox GIF by MasterChef Junior

And the black flickers are fixed!

:+1:

2 Likes

This thread confuses me, aren’t we on 2.7 already?

2 Likes

We’re nearing 2.8 if you ask me :wink:

I added 2.7 in the headline. 2021 started out on 2.5. There’s also the 2.7 Discussion thread. This one is about the updates themeselves, I guess. That was the thought, anyway. :slight_smile:

But we can easily make it about the inferiority of British lager beer compared to Belgian …

4 Likes

I think I posted it in the wrong place. Thanks for updating the title @Troll

1 Like

Did someone say “Lauwarme Cervisia”?

2 Likes

I want to make a point here. But you are right. So I’ll just pipe down and get back in my box.

Don’t drink anyway but if I did i wouldn’t drink that nasty British ■■■■ water.

Did I have a point to this post? :thinking: I’m fairly sure I started with a point to make

3 Likes