DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2018)

On Steam beta branch you can still get 32-bit 1.2.x version (last time I checked at least, which was a while ago :wink: )

I also have the muddy cockpit textures. I havenā€™t had time to play with things much in terms of graphics settings, hopefully this coming weekend I can figure out something that works.

Are the laser mavericks for the av8 implemented yet ā€¦ If so which variant is it

After giving up last night I thought Iā€™d try once more this morning and realised Iā€™d not tried it without shadows, so I didā€¦and runs fine! Seems its the terrain shadows causing me problems so all running ok now :sweat_smile: phew

6 Likes

Flat shadows will give least impact on performance. So maybe try that, and see if it helps :slight_smile: You may get shadows yet

3 Likes

Thanks Cib but I had them already at Flat setting and my PC just didnā€™t like them.

1 Like

Did 2.5 break mavs on the AV-8? I canā€™t seem to get the view from the mav to come up on the mfd again. I can only get the dmt or the tv sometimesā€¦

Edit:
never mind I forgot part of the mav tutorial

Finally got some stick time in 2.5!
Did a full fresh install, and it took a whileā€¦ :wink:
Iā€™m very pleased!
Need to play around with the settings some more, but so far I like what I see.
The deferred shading crash on exit bug, in VR, is fixed.
It could of course be the new 1080 TI but increasing pixel density makes the image sharper than I remember.

2 Likes

FYI, Iā€™ve copied my control settings over from my 2.2 openalpha saved games folder and the few that I have tested work fine.

What pixel density are you using?

Thats what I am on with a 1080. Tried 2.0 but it gave ghosting/stutters when panning around

1 Like

Starting to regret my decision of doing a new install of 2.5 for my new SSDā€¦

Oh well, guess it gives me some time to catch up on my reading lol

8 Likes

I have the DCS Audio setting for In Cockpit down at 80% to reduce engine sounds, especially for the F-15C. For Teamspeak, check out the ā€œVolumeControl by Broeselā€ - it decreases the game volume anytime someone turns on their mic. The DCS Audio sliders can be adjusted in single player - so can a few of the graphic settings.

I tried lowering the DCS graphic Gamma down from 2.8 to 1.6-1.8, but the A-10C cockpit is too dark at the lower settings for me so I put it back to 2.8.
ā†’ edit - the adjustable settings also are available in multiplayer. After flying the A-10C in the daylight I did turn the Gamma back down to 1.9.

The flight stutter in Nevada around Las Vegas is pretty annoying so I took the resolution down from 3840 x 2160 Full Screen to 2560 x 1600. Shadows was at Medium so I will try it at Flat and Off. I want to play it Full Screen.

Iā€™m running a GTX 980Ti and am really thinking of upgrading to a 1080Ti, but they are like $850. I mentioned that to my wife and she did not complain hardly at all. :credit_card: :sunglasses:

What does it mean when Teamspeak 3 keeps saying ā€œNo whisper target foundā€?

What is Pixel Density? Is that for VR only?

1 Like

Iā€™m still getting a slide show at very low detail. I may have to sit this one out until the & $@ā‚¬Ā¢Ā„~#@%**-&*'s keeping video card prices so high finally die in fires.

1 Like

Have you tried turning shadows off?

1 Like

Buy used cards from local disgruntled mining operations?

2 Likes

Iā€™m not even sure how old my video card is (6 years, maybe more), on low itā€™s running 100+ fps. On ultra Iā€™m getting about 25 fps, So something else is likely the problem.

Radeon HD7850, so itā€™s got a few years on it.

Iā€™ll keep tinkering tomorrow evening between commercial breaks.

Yes.
Itā€™s basically forcing a higher resolution, than the native VR resolution, that then is downsized to the VR resolution, using anti aliasing. This will produce a sharper image in VR, to some extent anyway.

Aka supersampling.

1 Like