DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2018)

@Maclean just updated mine and it seems to be running fine. Sorry to hear yours copped it hard like the one person that goes off alone in a horror movie.

My version was a fresh install of 2.5,not upgraded from 1.5

2 Likes

@Bogusheadbox well I guess fresh install (windows nā€™all is inbound)

Good luck DUUUUUUDE !!!..

Windows reset fixed it!

AND BLUE FLAG WORKS FOR ME AGAIN

1 Like

@Mace Iā€™m having the same issues. Lots of crashes, then some nights no crashes at all.

1 Like

@Mace Iā€™ve been having pretty regular stuttering issues since I made the jump to 2.5, and canā€™t seem to find anything in the forums yet that works to fix it.

1 Like

I tried the shader folder deletion trick and Iā€™m not sure it helped the stuttering but I swear Iā€™m getting better FPS.

2 Likes

I did that first thing. Maybe Iā€™ll give it another try after I install the update, see if there was any other junk in there.

I thought Iā€™d sorted it with turning shadows off but still thereā€¦

1 Like

@Mace @Navynuke99
I found some software giving me stutters. CCLeaner and some asus software running in the background. Might be worth checking

3 Likes

you playin in VR? if so, did you do the trick to keep oculus crapware off? (make it run as admin only)
Stutters can also be caused by disk activity, be it swapping to the page file or loading stuff. How much RAM do you have? what is your preload range?

1 Like

Cheers @Cib Iā€™ll check that out :+1:t2:

No VR unfortunately! I have a mechanical HD too not SSD and 8Gb RAM (thought I remembered installing 16Gb but I was wrong :unamused: ), preload range is very low, canā€™t remember offhand what exact number but pretty far down the left side.

Yep, same.

Iā€™m pretty certain itā€™s my 5 year old video card with only 2 gigs of onboard memory thatā€™s the culprit, but we know how it is right now getting hold of a replacementā€¦

1 Like

I tried that but wasnā€™t sure it had worked/happened as I had no message that it was rebuilding unless thatā€™s the case? And I have stupidly long load times anyway so couldnā€™t tell if it took longer than normal or not lol

I have a 2gb card and old hardware in general and wonā€™t be upgrading anytime soon unfortunately so if this isnā€™t beta issues I may have to stay in 1.5ā€¦

Hoggit is also of the opinion that itā€™s a VRAM issue.

Pretty much what I figured.

I think this is my issue ā€¦ and the damn Bitcoin still hasnt crashed yet so the cost of 1070ā€™s and 80s are still through the roof

2 Likes

Thing is my pc parts are so old itā€™s not worth upgrading the card as if I pay half as much more Iā€™ll have a total pc lol

but you would have the card to put into a new machine when the upgrade bug bites :grin:

2 Likes