DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2018)

I am pretty sure that boats cast lights on the water… IIRC I have seen that on screenshots from the game.
However landing lights of planes and search lights of Hueys do not light up the water, everything is pitch black.
That is especially annoying when landing in Novorossiysk or other airports near the sea, or when landing a helicopter on a ship.

The current night seems kinda bugged right now so I wouldn’t take to much from it.

Any brilliant advice to get 2.5 running? Even on low there seems to be no increase in the framerate. I kinda miss flying in DCS.

Based on how drunk I am right meow, fox 3 huuuuuuuuge PANAS and see how it goes is my advice to you

4 Likes

I’m not drunk enough to understand you yet, let me depant and work on that! :wink:

If you are running NVidia, it seems the latest drivers killed performance. @fearlessfrog and @Maclean both accounted for this anomaly.

If you are running the latest NVidia, try rolling back. It could make a huge difference.

2 Likes

Also running deferred shading with more than 2xMSAA has a huge performance hit, if you’re not aware.

1 Like

Have you seen this?

DCS 2.5 Optimisation Guide:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3381949&postcount=1

2 Likes

Are you meow?

1 Like

The shadow knows. Turn off the shadows.

1 Like

try turning deferred shading off, that used to work in 2.0.

1 Like

Last night my TrackIR wouldn’t work. Kept disconnecting. I was a bit tipped and so it took like 30 minutes to discover that my bicycle was parked behind me and the wheel reflectors were interfering.

5 Likes

THEY were behind you. They wanted your Doritos…

6 Likes

LOL - Yep, I keep looking back over my shoulder for reflectors. TIR is not working right. I can pan in the x-axis to the right but not to the left. Time to go virtual reality window shopping to try and ease my anxiety. My birthday is coming up in August and there is a lot to do…

I’ll see ya for those raccoons and give you this guy -

6 Likes

siiiiiiiigh

Falcon 3.0 - the true last flight sim.

2 Likes

No yet, just turned everything to low and started from there but so far no succes.

Love that Falcon 3.0 ad! Early '90s were the s**t.

1 Like

do you have fresh install or you did upgrade from 1.5.8 open beta? if the latter then I would suggest the former :slight_smile:

I upgraded from the open beta, I’ll try that then!

snarkman, did you nuke your metashader folder? also deferred shading and anti-aliasing do not play nice (yet).

3 Likes