DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2018)

I have not! I shall nuke it proper and well then!

Lowest settings mean both of those are off anyway, never got Deferred shaders to work anyway, it doesn’t like my AMD card unfortunately.

1 Like

DCS 2.5 Open Beta Update 4

• MP. Fixed issue when client can only see up to 5 ground units that are stationary.
  • MP. Ground units will be able to activated on client.
  • MP. Fixed crash on P-51D MainPanel:update_arguments().
  • MP. Client in multiplayer will see missiles of SAM launcher after its rearming.
  • MP. Fixed issue when player can’t join server with password if he previously enter incorrect password.
  • MP. Stingers and Igla missiles will be visible for Clients.
  • MP. Fixed multi-monitor setup crashes when joining or hosting multiplayer game.

• Speed indication on external view status bar will show more number positions.
  • Aircraft AI will take damage after collision with trees.
  • Enemy Within campaign. Added Doc folder and corrected missions.
  • Museum Relic campaign. Added corrected missions, version 2.6.

• A-10C. Typo correction German A-10C manual.

• Mi-8MTV2. Spring Tension campaign updated for DCS 2.5
  • Mi-8MTV2. Wrong reading of the working pressure in the hydraulic system fixed.

• A10C Sturmovik campaign adapted for DCS 2.5.

• Stryker M1128. Corrected machine gun position.
  • Corrected waterline level of several amphibious ground units.

• NS430. 2nd ref wpt for user waypoints is calculated incorrectly when changing distance manually.
  • NS430. Approach data errors: KHND.
  • NS430. Menu button breaks Right Knob.

• Updated and corrected Vegas tour missions.
  • Fixed issue when trigger zone can’t be moved.
  • GUI. The open mission panel. Sorting order in mission list will be saved.
  • Increased max number of sound hosts for avoidance runtime errors in complicated sound conditions with many sound emitters.
  • L-39. Update training missions.
  • Fixed crash when player switches to another aircraft on the ship’s deck.
  • Georgian Hammer with CA campaign adapted to DCS 2.5.
4 Likes

11 Gb update wow :frowning:

Is this ever going to be released for real, or should i just download the beta (I don’t usually do betas)?

They said they would release a stable version in a week. That was a few weeks ago. If you get the beta once it goes to stable RC you can revert from Beta to RC

That was before an intractable memory leak popped up.

You are right tho, its quite easy to pop back and forth between versions. Especially if you use skatezilla DCS updater thing.

Was hoping this update might include some fixes to the A-10 including the tower frequency display bug under the divert option of the CDU and some problems with the ILS system, but doesn’t look as if either is addressed in the release notes. Maybe next patch…

2 Likes

I was just reading the ED Forums and it apperas a LOT of what has been fixed wasn’t really put in the changelog.
A community manger suggested to browse the end-of-update log to get some bits of extra info.

That said, it could very well be that in this Beta patch that wasn’t fixed yet.

DCS changelogs are notoriously incomplete. Its always a bit of a snipechase to see what else got patched.

Looks like another Hotfix is incoming for Friday. Apparently some people are experiencing issues with the latest update. Flew some Training with the boys last night for a couple hours, didnt notice anything on my end.

Well that’s good news. Perhaps I’ll be pleasantly surprised then when I get the opportunity to fire up the sim after the patch has been applied.

1 Like

Gunny, is that an ad hoc or scheduled meeting? Weds and Thurs nights are usually good for me. Need to shake off some air combat cobwebs.

2 Likes

Did I get a promotion I didnt know about?

2 Likes

:sweat_smile:
Sorry mate… I don’t really remember much.
You see my memory is not what it used to be.

How was it before?
I can’t bloody remember…

New hotfix out not officially announced yet but I am downloading now

We were talking about TrackIR issues above. After moving the bicycle and chasing out the racoons it turned out that my problem was the old reflector tape on my TrackIR Track Clip. New clips arrived and I am very happy to say the view is restored to full head swing.

With the old Track Clip I could not look left. It’s hard to see, but the old reflector tape is a bit dried out and scaley. I tried to wash them off with dish soap and that’s when I could tell that they were not reflecting well. After a nice Nevada flight with the new Track Clip I realize that the old one was the source of recent frustration with the views.

The lower clip is the old one.

4 Likes

@TheAlmightySnark just curious if you did try the fresh install already?

Not yet, haven’t had the time to that try that. Did the shader delete thing and then once more when I discovered it was also in a different folder. It’s a weird problem because FPS is 60+ but drops to 30 or 20 frames when the camera moves.

the right reflector appears to be smaller circum. than the others, which would cause issues looking left.

1 Like

No more beta, corect?