DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2018)

So… Now that 2.5 is released, should one stay in beta to get the latest updates, or update to the release version?

Depends on how patient you are. It seems that lately, every new module and every module update is released on Beta first, then a few weeks later stable is updated. It seems they eventually end up on the same version number, so I dont think it really matters.

The argument is that you dont want beta if you dont want to deal with problems, but any game breaking stuff gets hotfixed anyway, and some problems end up in the release build also.

2 Likes

Good point!

currently there is only the one version. one. version. of dcs.

weird

I know. wont last long i reckon. Still, enjoy it while it lasts, the one version to rule them all and in darkness bind them :smiley:

3 Likes

not doing too much in darkness with DCS currently. Unless the night lighting has been fixed.

2 Likes

FYI when I ran my 1.5 shortcut this weekend, it told me it was going to update to 2.5 and asked if I wanted to keep a separate 1.5 install for any reason. I said no.
Then it told me it found 2.2 and asked if I wanted that gone too after it copied the files it could use over. I also said to dump it.
So now I have a sole 2.5 release version w/o 1.5 or 2.2 any longer and I only needed to DL about 17GB I think as the rest was copied/patched from the 1.5/2.2 directories.

3 Likes

Same here. It for me was a flawless process. A tip of the hat to ED.

1 Like

I replaced 1.5x and it was straightforward, including having an option to keep 1.5 (I declined) - and my install is more than 2gb bigger now (so if you are pressed for space on your SSD as I am), be aware.

Two questions:

1.) Has it been released on Steam, and:

2.) Do I need to select the release version instead of the beta version?

1 yes,
2 if you want to

Thanks.

That brings up a point I’ve been trying to figure out for the last few days. I’m already in the 2.5 beta so if I want to go to the release version how do I go about doing that without having to reenter all of my joystick configurations/graphic settings and such? Personally, I’d prefer to only have one DCS install at any one time. Heck, I still need to delete my Steam version as originally the Maple Flag purchases didn’t work through it so that was why I downloaded it directly from ED.

@Kinger skatezilla’s DCS TOOL is all you need.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll check that out!

Copy config from the OB to stable folders from the User/Saved Games/DCS World Open Beta. IIRC just need the input folder copied to keep the same settings for both instals

1 Like

Hey, that’s my line!

Yep, that is what I did.

Hi kids. Have a sort of DCS World 2 question. Anyone tried any of the iPad (iOS) apps and had success with it working? Maybe the iControl devs will do something updated.

I haven’t kept up with the latest offerings unfortunately. It appears that iControl is still getting good reviews in the App Store, so I’m guessing it is still functioning. But I would contact the author (boarder) because there are varying reports of it not working on iOS 10 and/or DCS 2.5. This thread does not seem to shed much light on whether people get it to work or not…so I’d be leery of putting down money unless I was informed the app will continue to be updated and supported:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84272&page=8

In addition to completing the final touches to the Spitfire (fuel tanks and bombs), our other primary focus has been the P-47D.

@Tankerwade, have you prepared yourself?

1 Like