DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2018)

Ah its a new setting and it was set to off for me.

@Maclean. Join me. It is your destiny

3 Likes

CASE I landing operations to de AI implemented on DCS 2.5.2 Beta

2 Likes

DCS 2.5.2 New & Updated 3D models

2 Likes

Is it possible to update DCS 2.5 to DCS 2.5.2 beta?

Sure you just need to use Skatezilla’s app as this is the easiest way

1 Like

Wow
That was fast.
Thank you!

1 Like

just been messing about with the AGM-65E on the av8 
4 shots 4 hits
 self lasing seems to work very well, haven’t tried buddy lasing yet

1 Like

So what’s happening with the most recent update? last week I was still happily choppering around in multiplayer(Blue Flag for example) but right now the game just freezes in the lobby. I have no idea how to fix this honestly.

You fix it by waiting for it to finish loading without touching anything.

Blue Flag has a large amount of units, both AI and player, spread across the entire map, with a number of scripts in the background. It takes some minutes to load all of that, plus the map.

2 Likes

1 Like

Yeah, doesn’t work. Just crashes to desktop just as happily. I know BF always took a long time to load, I always just let it sit for 10 minutes until it’s done. This technique doesn’t work anymore in 2.5.2

What’s your memory and GPU Specs?

16GB and a i5 CPU.

How much VRAM does your video card have?

4GB

Might want to check/update GPU drivers.

1 Like

4GB of VRAM with 16GB of RAM might be your problem. I think that’s caused issues for others in the past.

Paging @Bogusheadbox

All drivers have been freshly updated.

Also damn, that would be a shame. I literally just got DCS to work again, it feels like chasing some impossible target if that’s the case, nothing has changed except the most recent update removed my ability to join a server.

So yeah, software problem I’d say but what exactly
 who knows.

Page recieved

Yep, its the lack of vram causing your normal ram to get consumed.

I have 16 gig and i think my graphics card has 3 gig of vram. My ram maxes out. On caucuses i can get by. But playing with hormuz map last night i got about 40 minutes to an hour before i just coldn’t play it anymore.

If you have a good ssd, try increasing your page file. Basically makes your computer use your drives as extra ram. Not ideal but it could make it work for you.

I am going to 32 gig of ram to sort it out. But definitely try the change to page file. It increases drive usage though