DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2018)

True, but in terms of sustaining that top speed, that’s what makes the difference. I don’t remember the exact formula off the top of my head, but isn’t it something like every knot above 25 knots requires double the force of the knot below it or something? A conventional CV would run herself dry well before finishing a long - distance sprint like that.

2 Likes

I’ve actually seen things not too far from that.

1 Like

Having flashbacks of Moscow categorically denying its troops were in the Donbass. Meanwhile Private Ivan Ivanovich of the So and So Motor Rifle Division and his buddies are all posting pictures of Donetsk to Instagram… with the geotagging left on…

21st century warfare is weird.

6 Likes

It’s amazing how fast big ships can go, not just the weapon inclined variants, even the simple maersk record holders can go surprisingly fast. Not too good at turning though.

Don’t need to turn when you’re the bigger ship!

4 Likes

I was mostly referring to the container ships that were bad at turning! Military ships always have kinda been able to turn :wink:

Unless you’re a PACFLT Guided Missile Destroyer

2 Likes

5 Likes

Yeah, but that’s the kind of fun you’re only allowed to have with no gas in the tanks and no birds on the roof. That kind of heel when you’re loaded will send very expensive jets sliding into the drink, and possibly JP-5 leaking out of tank vents.

4 Likes

But it sure looks impressive!

1 Like

And it’s a lot of fun.

1 Like

Well, this is new.

Self improvement guru installed.

Looks like a nice updater update with some delta compression, which should make @Toppometer on his antipodean thin wires happy?

Perhaps a chunky update planned for tomorrow?

3 Likes

Hmm interesting, i though updates had long been delta compressed…

1 Like

F-111

7 Likes

I think they were always compressed, but after that the smallest ‘block’ for delta comparison was the actual file (which can be quite large on the map meshes etc). Maybe they are doing some sort of transport delta compression now like Steam? Hopefully we find out tomorrow, when they add the unexpected DCS English Electric Canberra, just solely to troll @Bogusheadbox.

3 Likes

Qatar confirmed.

3 Likes

NAS Fallon for NTTR, thick and luscious speedtrees as far as the eye can see in Normandy and the Caucasus extended up through to Paris. :slight_smile:

And a pony! :horse:

10 Likes

If we get Fallon after that huge blow up last fall I’m going to be so nettled, just on principle. :smiley:

Arresting wires and portable IFLOLS as an asset, confirmed.

4 Likes