DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2018)

Not for the Rockeye, that I know of (emphasis on the “that I know of”)…but a drop from 2500-3000 ft should cut down on drift.

Somebody help me out here…I seem to recall some kind CBU designed to be dropped from higher altitudes that does take wind into account…something for the A-10C? I’ve read so many manuals and Chuck’s guides lately that they are all starting to run together. :dizzy_face:

if someone like @Klarsnow can nail movers with a Paveway, anyone should be able to do it.

I seem to remember the saltiest of branches never bought any of the anti-armor variants of the Maverick, and I don’t know how many E’s they have in the magazine. The Apache or Abrams could work, but I’m concerned those might exceed GTOW for the Hornet :laughing:

Rockeyes are kinda… transient? As originally designed they used a purely mechanical timed fuse that was apparently prone to premature bursting (I recall this from the A-10 book). The ones we have are using the updated VT fuse, so until it bursts, it should fall like any other.

The other thing is I would consider the release criteria for the F/A-18 heavily WIP. Pull up/ DUD cues are not correct, it doesn’t seem to take into account ambient temperature and pressure, and I’m not sure the extent to which it accounts for wind.

I need to invent an add-on for DCS World that makes users register, and then sends me $1 via Paypal for each time they get shot down or crash. I mean, it is a win-win. Players get an incentive to stay alive and play more realistically, and I get…well…satisfaction in helping people get more into their sims.

Right. Now, I’m off to apply for a job at EA.

8 Likes

Wow talk about throwing some serious shade there! :wink:

Yeah…I’m thinking not…you would own my car, boat and most of my house by now. :astonished:

2 Likes

BRB, off to go add Beach to the no-fly-list.

3 Likes

Of course, maybe if I get shot down, I have to refund all the money. :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve actually become pretty adept at this with the Harrier’s TGP. In the game, GBU-12s will pretty much take out any armored vehicle. Plus, since the Harrier can pack 6 of them on two stations, it makes a lot of sense to do that for an anti-armor mission as opposed to one or two Mavs, if time isn’t a concern. It’s also my preferred way of taking out AAA and shorter ranged SAMs.

That makes me wonder if the AGM-65F will be an option for the Bug? I’m guessing we’ll get the same old Gs since the game doesn’t really make a distinction between the F and G. A point of interest is the JAGM has been tested on triple rail clusters on the legacy Bug, which would offer some pretty decent anti-tank power for the aircraft. I believe it can also use the radar for guidance as well.

WCMD, or Wind Corrected Munitions Dispenser. The A-10C has the CBU-97 in the game, too, which makes short work of a field of tanks. Unfortunately, USAF weapon only. I’d personally really like to have the Gator mines via CBU-78 from the Bug, but I don’t know how DCS handles mines or even if it can. I made one for the Super Bug in FP and it was quite handy for area denial. Just had to make sure friendlies didn’t operate nearby!

What could I do to make DCS run on 16gb of RAM? I was idling in the cold start mission of the AV8B for a while and as soon as I started taxiing DCS just farted all over itself and make the computer crash. The SSD solved some of the recent performance issues but now I am wondering if there is any way to make it playable again?

EDIT: RAM might not be the problem, looks like plenty of people make due. To the testing machineeeeeee!

You mean WCMD perhaps?

Also CCIP in the Hornet doesnt account for wind yet, its WIP.

1 Like

RAM limits are hit by missions with vast numbers of units, but 16GB should be fine in most cases.
I have a RAM/CPU gauge on my keyboard and when I’m in DCS I have never used more than 90% of my 16GB including what Windows is doing.
Granted I may not have had some of the largest missions out there running, but going by loading times on my SSD I’ve still done some that are really big (more than 2x the load time of the smaller missions).

1 Like

Yeah I suppose, DCS just shoots the RAM straight up to the limit (14.something useful memory) and keeps it around there. No weird issues in the quickflight mission though. These are the standard instant actions(free flight, cold and dark) so they should not be that memory heavy. I think this may have been a one off.

Do you mean it should do so IRL?! Wow. Ok. Cool :smile:

Of course its WIP. I had no idea it was that advanced in the real thing.

Yes.

1 Like

You can also increase you page file size so that your ssd can be used to cover shortfall in ram. Downside is extra ssd usage.

And that non-volatile memory is much slower than RAM.

Yes it is, but slow memory is better than no memory

1 Like

Introduced the new Professional FM of MiG-29.

DCS World

• MP. The MP server panel can be closed by press to X in the upper-right corner.
  • Antiship missile HY-2 range extended to 100 km.
  • F10 map. Corrected Chinese char display in online mode.
  • Fixed GUI error when use ship task Attack Group to static object.
  • VR. Weapons pop-up menu in ME is cut on edge of screen - fixed.
  • ME. With copy-paste operation it is possible to make mission with several Player roles - fixed.
  • Reloading time has been defined for HY-2 and SA-2.
  • Ticonderoga. Increased the missiles launch rate of VLS to 1 launch every 2 sec.
  • Stennis. AI will not taxi into you If path blocked.
  • KJ-2000 will shows as A50 on Western RWR
  • Attributes list of new Surface to Surface missile corrected.
  • UH-60A AI will not crashes into ground when trying to landing to Novorossiysk.
  • Fixed issue that caused an unable to rearm of ground AI from warehouses.
  • Windsock shows incorrect wind direction with dynamic weather - fixed.
  • Fixed ME error when you try to add suppliers after change ship type.
  • AIM-9M/L major FM update. Adjusted lift and drag curves, motor performance, DLZ.

DCS AJS37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations

• Fix to airfields not appearing in kneeboard and CK37 in Nevada.
  • Removed smoke when afterburner engaged.
  • Axis command for master mode selector added.
  • Parking brake in correct visual position on spawn.
  • Data-rotary command clockwise/counterclockwise added, default data-rotary position set to AKTPOS.
  • Weapon interval selector clickability reversed so right-click = clockwise.
  • Seat adjustment command reversed.
  • Dynamically generated attack missions egress-speed set to M0.8.
  • Fix to .ini custom cartridge not being selectable.
  • More descriptions in sample cartridge.
  • Seriestrim (transsonic autotrim) was disabled when autopilot was on so when having autopilot on and accelerating through subsonic to supersonic and then disabling autopilot would result in a pitch-yank, often blacking out the pilot.
  • Modified high-drag bombs ballistics for easier usage.
  • Various bug-fixes.

DCS MiG-21Bis by Magnitude 3 LLC

• Fixed ASO device initialization.
  • Fixed pneumatic pressure gauge from constantly reading zero.
  • Fixed SARPP from not recording all flight information.
  • Reversed DA-200 bank indicator animation
  • Reversed NPP localizer bar animation
  • Reversed UVW for air pressure gauge warning colors

DCS F/A-18C Hornet

• Hotfix B-sweep goes from radar tactical area.
  • Corrected the drag value of TCTS Pod.
  • TDC cursor position after pressing undesignated Button - fixed.

DCS L-39

• Added Instant Action missions for Persian Gulf.
  • Corrected RSBN training mission.

DCS F-5E

• Added Instant Action missions for Normandy map

DCS FC3

• Su-27. Corrected Su-27 leading edge flaps net synchronization for the clients.
  • MiG-29. Incorrect display of aircraft model in mirrors - fixed.
  • New Instant Action missions for MiG-29A and MiG-29S on Caucasus.

Campaigns

• Memory of Hero - updated most of missions.
1 Like

Oh my…