DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2018)

I’m always happy to hear more weapons are coming to the 18 though I was kinda surprised to see Mav’s before GBU’s.

1 Like

Actually…I find the control assignment one of the best parts of DCS. Yes, it assigns standard thrust, aileron, elevator, etc. to axis on every added peripheral…and no, I really don’t enjoy the challenge of controlling thrust with the rudder pedals.

However, it has singular and group clear buttons that deletes them fairly easily. I’m pretty particular when it comes to my peripheral control axis and button assignments so I spend a lot of time with that menu. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Don’t forget that shooting Mavs at trucks constitutes a large portion of the gameplay for most of the playerbase.

2 Likes

I thought that HARMs would be first, but it almost sounds like the plan is to get pretty comprehensive with them. Can we expect things like preset targets and whatnot?

A note on the control binding issues:

https://forums.eagle.ru/announcement.php?a=93

Dear All, with the release of the latest Open Beta (2.5.3.22652) we added new default profiles to better assist new users when setting up their controls. Unfortunately, these new profiles are conflicting with the user’s custom profiles and causing a number of issues. On Monday we will be releasing a hotfix to remove these new profiles until we can better supply these without disrupting current player’s settings.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and appreciate everyone’s patience, and especially those that helped us work through the issues by reporting their experiences.

Please note that the nature of Open Beta is a testing environment, and as such, unexpected things can pop up at any time. For some, it may be better to stick with the stable release, as it is generally not affected by these types of issues.

Thanks
ED Team

8 Likes

I have reported that issue as well, I want to see if they can stop assigning thrust and rudder controls to my MFDs :smiley:

5 Likes

Good to hear about the hotfix. I’ve individually programmed all 60 of the PBs for 3 x DDI/MPCD, and would not like to have to repeat that again if possible.

1 Like

Yay! Good one there!

1 Like

I gotta say, it’s a class act on DCS part to roll this back. Not an easy thing I’m sure. Customer first is absolutely the right priority in business and encourages that ED will be around long enough and with a large enough user base to realize all the cool plans made. From where I’m sitting, your communication is more than earning your paycheck. I hope it’s substantial :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looks like The Fishbed is going to get some updates before heading to “MAC”
" * Over the past few years everyone has experience some sort of activation trouble. Eagle Dynamics is currently looking into having our module’s DRM get in line with their new “log-in” standard. If successful, users will not have to worry about entering a key ever again.

• The pilot model that we’ve shown you some time ago was not shown in the game graphics engine. Below, you will find new screenshots as it will appear in game. The external pilot textures are nearly complete, while animations are ready for presentation. The pilot will be available as soon as the new cockpit update is finished. And yes, there will be an option to view it in cockpit mode.
  • The cockpit will soon be underway for a complete makeover. Your pleas were read, and we’re planning…we repeat plan on providing a multitude of cockpit livery options. This includes colors, language, measuring system, and varying degrees of weathering. Though there is no guarantee on the quantity yet. Small fixes are being implemented in patches as well.
  • Other improvements include proper instrument panel lighting, where the light-ray sources will come directly from the light posts. The 3D mesh itself will be totally remodeled to ensure proper alignment to the external model so that users of VR headsets will have a better experience.
  • It has also been decided that the two external 8K textures will once again be split back into separate 4K sets to help mitigate stuttering for low end computer systems, after several users have been reporting performance issues.
  • While the programmers are making headway for MAC, a few bugs are being looked into such as the R-13M, R-3R, and R-3S missiles’ performance degradation. We’re currently using TacView and comparing our sources to help improve them.
  • Our researcher is currently collecting data on the SPO-10 to further improve it. Improvement work is scheduled to begin later this year, as top priority right now is MiG-21bis for MAC.
  • The programmer for the flight model has stressed it will remain as is. As stated before in previous posts, actual real-time flight data recordings from a Serbian MiG-21Bis (75B) were presented to Eagle Dynamics as requested. There were no objections towards the data presented and all discrepancies in existing documents were explained. Fret not, other bugs will continue to be fixed though.

|980x524|980x524

7 Likes

I’d known of various complaints, some justified, some perhaps not, about various systems in the 21 but I didn’t know anyone was asking for FM changes. Seems fine to me, unless people are complaining about behavior at the edge of the envelope where even pro sims fail to properly model departures.

1 Like

There’s a small mafia of extremely offended users on the ED boards that like to throw a fit every month or so. I can’t remember what exactly is the reason, but the MiG doesn’t fit some graph they found in a manual or something.

7 Likes

If those types of threads interest anyone, I would also suggest the Kurfurst subtopic for comedic amounts of indignation, obscure reference tables, armchair expertise, long dead original sources loosly interpreted, and a general amazement at how much time people can devote to a soap box.

7 Likes

…and they’re alse wheraboos. Yup. Definition of a cesspit.

One of the reason I usually give 40s era german planes a wide berth. I don’t want to get any of that on me. Not even a single down-quark.

2 Likes

What’s a Wheraboo?

1 Like

Life long enemy of the Slavaboo and Yankaboo, sometimes ally of the Weaboo

4 Likes

Hey! is no such thing as so called “slavaboo” only boy who finds his true manhood and gets a proper appreciation of the finer things in life such as vodka, machines that can be fixed with big hammer and massive amounts of artillery.

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

towelie

5 Likes

Yeah, they’ve kinda been all over the place on what’s “next.” I suppose it’s likely just different teams with different priorities and speeds but it can be a bit confusing to try to guess what’s actually next to be released.

If you assume the flight model and guidance is already in place for once the HARM leaves the rail, it’d be fairly simple to add. Then again, so would the GBU-12 so I don’t know what’s driving their priorities. Who knows, they may be re-writing a better simulation of the HARM in flight.

2 Likes