DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2018)

Or maybe the models of the radar systems themselves? I know this has been a point of discussion as it relates to attempting to take out radar antennas on the current ship models.

It could be, but ships are generally their own, problematic thing. The work for anti-arm tactics has been present in ground based radars for a few years now. If you can get the AI to shoot at a SAM, and the SAM stops guiding, the ARM will go stupid, or attempt to fly to it’s last, best estimate.

LOL! They sound like the guy that went to his doctor. He stretches his arm behind his neck and says, “Doc, It hurts when I do this.”

The doctor said, “Then don’t do that.”

I absolutely love the Mig-21. I know how it should fly and it feels right. If I hit the edge of an envelope I eject or crash. What could be better. :sunglasses:

It is definitely one of the most dynamic beasts to land. Much like the Su-25T, it can really do a number on you if you don’t stay on top of it.

Yes it is…power on all the way down and nose high = death. The Mig-21 Landing Tutorial is excellent. I go back to t every now and then just to “re-qualify” before doing a Mig-21 mission.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Reminds me of what the F-104 must be like with the leading edge bleed system. I think you had to keep a minimum level of power or one wing’s bleed lift system could stop before the other…resulting in…well…bad things…

• boundary layer control
3 Likes

@Hangar200 SOP :wink:

1 Like

Had the pleasure of sitting down for a couple of beers with the first Starfighter pilots in the RNoAF, at a flight safety gathering. They were all retired, by then, but young at heart. The stories they had…! :scream:
Anyway, I remember one of them saying that since they all transitioned from the Sabre, to the Starfighter, without the aid of simulators or two seaters, they had to remember not to idle on final!
If you did, it would tip over on the side, and that’s a bad way to land a Starfighter. And they all laughed. :smile:

8 Likes

Does this Parachute make my A$$ L@@K Big??? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Parachute? I thought you had your man-purse on your back…

3 Likes

:slight_smile: !!! LOL

1 Like

It’s not a man-purse, it’s called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

6 Likes

Just don’t call it a “Fanny Pack” in front of or Brit friends…a whole other different meaning on " this sceptred isle"

5 Likes

It’s a bum bag over here :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Didn’t we agree not to touch this subject anymore?

2 Likes

In another thread maybe…regardless…on a more related note, I do not recall ever seeing my Mig-21 pilot without his helmet on. O2 mask, yes, after he punches out and walks around but helmet always on. Is were a way to see him w/o helmet?

2 Likes

[quote=“Troll, post:1130, topic:5527”]
I remember one of them saying that since they all transitioned from the Sabre, to the Starfighter, without the aid of simulators or two seaters, they had to remember not to idle on final!
If you did, it would tip over on the side, and that’s a bad way to land a Starfighter. And they all laughed. [/quote]

Brass balls man…

2 Likes

WOW This updated Mig l@@KS seriously GOOD!!!

4 Likes

Wow! That was some “rails” flying the landings. The hud view made the landing attitude look similar to the Mig-21 landing attitude.

How does one get a hold of this jet?

(Let’s see…fix leak in boat…buy Mig-29 …fix leak in boat…buy Mig-29…hmmmm…"Honey! What do you think about my getting a Fulcrum?…all the other guys have one…)

3 Likes

just get the FC3 package in one go @Hangar200, you get not just the mig, but also his bigger sister the Su-27 and its seagoing and chinese versions. And then there’s the F-15, the A-10A and the Su-25. That package is so worth it.

7 Likes