DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2018)

5 Likes

That looks really coolā€¦ :+1:

2 Likes

The funny thing is that film was great entertainment for 7 year old me (at the time). It still is, if you take it as a comedy and not so seriously. Because if you start to take it seriously, you realize that the CP/G (who they called ā€œBreakerā€ for some reason or another) was doing all the actual killing because, wellā€¦ Thatā€™s what the CP/G does in the Apache. Because it kinda sucks to have to fly, use the sensors, and employ the weapons all at once from the back seat. Which, by the way, you canā€™t do in the A model anyways.

P.S. Thread hijack courtesy of the Apache gang

2 Likes

I love me some corny movies. Flight of the Intruder, Behind Enemy Lines, Firefoxā€¦grab me a beer and some popcorn and I canā€™t flip past emā€™ā€¦

3 Likes

Hell yes, itā€™s fun to act like a kid every now and again. Like, every day, man.

2 Likes

Say what now?

Hold my beerā€¦

Beach - Iā€™ll see you in the parking lot.

3 Likes

Youā€™re an Iron Eagle kind of guy instead?

2 Likes

@Franze, Iā€™ve been wondering for a while, are you the Franze from ArmA?
The creator of the AH-64D mod with NodUnit?

4 Likes

Iā€™ve already created a fan club.

5 Likes

He is! and he wrote about his expierence crafting apache mods for ArmA games right here on Mudspike! Definitely a recommended read.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Thanks for the link!
Itā€™s like meeting Santa at the mall for the first time. Always knew little Timmy was just being mean when he said he didnā€™t exist :grinning:

4 Likes

It will be like that corny bar fight scene in Flight of the Intruderā€¦!

running1

4 Likes

I love that the SA-2 is now working correctly. This is such a fun weapon. Long range and canā€™t be ignored at medium-high altitude, but easily defeated by a terminal maneuver alone.It puts you under pressure but doesnā€™t simply deny airspace. Ideal combination for gameplay.

2 Likes

Flight of the Intruder and Hot Shots are the most accurate Naval Aviation movies ever made.

Depends on whoā€™s askingā€¦ If this is about the bugs then I donā€™t know the guy! :blush:

6 Likes

Butā€¦ Iā€¦ I mean youā€¦ itā€™s just thatā€¦ ummmā€¦ ifā€¦

ā€¦

Can we at least blast SRV while we duke it out?

2 Likes

While I know the CVNā€™s and LHAā€™s vary structurally from ship to ship, I hope ED and Razbam will give us a few different skins for each in the future as well, even if it isnā€™t strictly accurate for the respective ships.

1 Like

I agree, especially considering that even individual ships change appearance over the years. So a USS Nimitz with letā€™s say some incorrect radar dish wonā€™t be any worse than using the present Tarawa (without itā€™s 5 inch guns) in an early 1990s mission.