I have no idea, but now i am starting to get interested in CA.
Not much so far, but they released a DLC campaign for it and that could be read as a sign CA is not discarded old furniture rotting away in the basement.
I hope so. It might also be them probing people’s interest in CA to see if it is worth updating…but that’s a bit of a Catch-22 as you need to update CA for people to be interested, of course!
DCS 22.214.171.12484 moved to Stable
Added support of new campaign - Combined Arms: Frontlines Georgia.
- Restored the missing debriefing after instant action mission.
- AI aircraft climb to a very high altitude when attacking armor units with bombs - fixed.
- AI ground. Not-activated truck can rearm the ground forces if it is visible (not hidden in the ME).
- ME. Task ‘go to waypoint’ will work correctly with the stop condition.
- Fixed issue with DCS freezing on start in some conditions.
- MP. All information about servers with a large number of slots and clients (40+) will now be visible in the list of servers.
- Sound. Improved fade out of sounds with distance.
- AI F-86F. Will not use radar ranger for long range search.
- AI F-86F. Fixed bug that bring to ground collision in the rocket attack.
- A-10C & F/A-18C. AWACS aircraft do not call out enemy locations till the player’s comms menu is opened to AWACS - fixed.
- Radio commands given by the player when a radio message from the AI is playing do not go through - fixed.
- Multimonitor configurations. GUI dropboxes will not break away from their place on the main display to the other displays.
- SA-2 unable to engage high altitude targets - fixed.
- F-4E Iran. Added skin by Sadjad_Vosoul (ISAAC).
- С-130 Iran. Added 2 skins by Sadjad_Vosoul (ISAAC).
- Added SAM SA-15 Tor to Iran.
- ME. Implemented ship livery selection.
- Ground AI will be reposition itself if the current target exit from his fire angle.
- Radar Mys-M1 (Silkworm HY-2 surveillance radar) is integrated. The ASM battery will be receive targeting from Mys-M1
- surveillance radar. If the radar destroyed the ASM battery will be not functional.
- Stennis carrier. The helicopter in takeoff position will not block all AI operations on the deck.
- AI fighters with TWS and multiple launch capability will not use F-pole maneuver if they decided for multiple launch for several bandits. This was done so that the targets did not leave the radar’s field of view.
- MP. Banned user will get message about his ban and reason.
- MP. Fixed the client’s serverlist update when shutting down the server.
- TrackIR works always, despite of control settings - fixed.
- Hawk MPQ-55 will be marked as HK on Western RWR systems.
- Fixed crash when a bridge without pillars is destroyed.
- AI fighters will use an AIM-120C first instead of using the shorter ranged AIM-120B.
- AI vehicles. Supplies truck added for all countries.
- AI vehicles. Added M60 MBT to USA.
- China Asset Pack. Completed Navy liveries (054A: 25 skins, 052B: 2 skins, 052C: 6 skins)
- China Asset Pack. Updated KJ-2000 external model shape
- The AI Su-34 will no longer self-destruct when dropping a KAB-500S.
- Fixed an MP issue where static objects with number greater than 501 would not be visible to clients.
- Added coalition management of countries in the Mission Editor via arrows keyboard keys.
- Debriefing. Target for some SAMs and ASM HY-2 were displayed as null (0) or nothing in the debriefing.
- When scripting the Mission Editor function StaticObject.destroy() is run on cargo objects, the cargo was not removed from the perspective of clients.
- Corrected Su-24 level of detail such that it does not disappear.
- Introduced JHMCS.
- Introduced FPAS.
- Introduced AGM-65E with laser guidance (can be used with JTAC/AFAC assistance a while). Known issue: overlapped symbols of laser codes on Mav page, will be fixed soon.
- Big radar refactoring.
- External fuel disappears after manoeuvre with disabled fuel pumps - fixed.
- Radar in boresight mode will not locks target outside beam pattern.
- Added RU manual translated by Vasil Komarichin aka ICS_Vortex
- Added VMFAT-101 skins
- Added NSAWC & NAWDC skins
- Added VX-31 CoNA skin
- Added AGM-65 instant action mission.
- FPAS climb fixed.
- Added input for JHMCS (Axis and buttons).
- AGM-65E and AIM-9X reload issue - fixed.
- AIM-9X Reticle Visible in all A/A Weapon HUD - fixed.
- Initial introduction of the AGM-65G. This is very much an Open Beta version with several known issues.
- Added radar information on the JHMCS and implementation of HACQ and LACQ modes.
- Correct CLIMB function for the FPAS page.
- Updated DCS:F/A-18C Hornet User Guide.
- Night cockpit illumination on external view added.
- Quantity of AMRAAM missiles on HUD will update correctly.
- Fixed radar elevation and TDC numbers that indicate altitudes of coverage.
- Improved ACM mode performance regardless of target aspect.
- Radar elevation and azimuth errors after target unlock is fixed.
- Added option for VR (left/right/both eyes), added TD box.
- Added radio command to AI wingmen to “Go to Tanker”.
- Corrected nose bounce and blackout when launching from the aircraft carrier with a heavy payload.
- Updated AGM-65E/F. While the AGM-65E is now complete, the AGM-65F is still a work in progress. Known AGM-65F issues include TDC slew roughness, missile speed, and seeker lock distance against ships.
- Radar fixes:
- Radar will no longer move to the other side of the display when when the radar is commanded gimbal limits
- Fix the antenna position if the HMD is turned on and the operator looks at the HUD
- Radar no longer gets stuck in an 8-degree scan and that cannot be exited after locking a target and breaking lock
- Rmax and Seeker Cue can no longer appear outside the tactical radar area.
- HACQ/LHAQ mode - radar FOV circle will be drawn while looking through HUD
- HACQ/LHAQ mode - radar lock while looking through HUD is fixed
- Fixed radar antenna position lock when HMD is turned on and looking through HUD
- Up-look reticles was added
DCS Flaming Cliffs
- Su-33 Heavy Sky campaign. Total update all missions by Alex Zelog. Changed: payloads, balance of forces, Su-33s TO weight, weather, minors.
- MiG-29. Added missing net animations.
- MiG-29 Flight model corrections, added engine gyrotorque (will be slightly aircraft spin on the tailslide maneuver).
- Su-27 and MiG-29. Trim reset (LCTRL-T) will be strictly to zero.
- MiG-29. The pitch stability augmentation system synchronized to wing slats deflection.
- MiG-29. Updated model of braking chute.
- MiG-29. Engines will be broken after exceed 2.6M speed.
- MiG-29. Improved damper in the longitudinal channel.
- MiG-29. Added an animation of a flaps buttons.
- MiG-29. The Nose Wheel Steering HI and LO modes. The LO mode (8 degrees) used for takeoff and landing. HI mode (31 degrees) used for taxi and can be engaged by holding the LALT-Q combo provided Flaps are Up.
- MiG-29. Added commands to set barometric altimeter pressure.
- Multiplayer. An aircraft shaking of clients aircraft near the carrier deck is fixed.
- MiG-29. Added the Instant Action missions in the Nevada.
- MiG-29. The drag coefficient of the speed brake now depends on the M number. Will be less than now.
- MiG-29. The dead zone of throttle between maximal and afterburner eliminated.
- MiG-29. Engines can be stalled on negative AoA bigger -17 degrees.
- MiG-29. HUD radar operation mark in VERTICAL and BORESIGHT modes restored.
- MiG-29. New single missions in Nevada.
- Su-27. Updated training mission Start-Up.
- MiG-29. Adjusted the APUS compensator that will works independence by landing gear.
DCS MiG-21bis by Magnitude 3 LLC
- Fixed gauge lights.
- Fixed missing SPS/IAB panel texts.
- Adjusted suspension.
- Improved boundary layer blow system effects.
- Improved engine device code to reduce FPS stutters.
- Added navigation data for Persian Gulf.
- Fixed gauges from blacking out.
- Fixed smoothing groups on HUD glass.
DCS M-2000C by RAZBAM
- Fuel flow corrections added based on new data
- Corrected RWR code not showing correctly for J-11A, F/A-18C Lot 20, SA-2, SA-3, Flat Face Search Radar, KJ-2000
DCS AV-8B NA by RAZBAM
- Sidearms issues fixed:
- Sidearm keeps lock when the aircraft is not pointing at the target.
- Sidearm keeps lock after firing when another missile remains in the aircraft
- Sidearm does not have volume control (Sidewinder volume control also fixed
- Fixed Magnetic compass not moving when aircraft INS is not aligned is also fixed
- Corrected RWR code not showing correctly for J-11A, F/A-18C Lot 20, SA-2, SA-3, Flat Face Search Radar, KJ-2000
- Corrected Left wing Polygon defects
- Corrected Right wing Polygon defects
- Bomb Interval now working
- KC-130 Fuel amount increased by 50%
DCS AJS37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations
- Exterior mirrors now reflect the environment
- Fixed various clipping and shine-through issues in exterior (esp. Cockpit)
- Sculpted new normal map for exhaust nozzle and area
- Sculpted new normal map for exterior exhaust shell
- Added RoughMet textures for the exhaust shell
- Added turbine texture for better deep engine detail
- Metal elements on wings now have appropriate material definitions
- Animated engine exhaust fan
- Interior engine sounds now loop properly
- New! Improved visual fidelity of afterburner
- Afterburner now cast lights inside engine exhaust pipe
- Afterburner now cast lights on surrounding objects and terrain
- Corrected afterburner z-fighting
- Afterburner planes do not render at high viewing angles.
- Corrected afterburner self-illumination
- Fixed glass in LoD (distant) models turning opaque and bright.
- New! Added significantly better quality uncompressed normal maps for entire exterior
- Light domes are now appropriately shiny
- Fixed wheel/tire animation values so they spin at correct speeds.
- Fix to timeline appearing late in PLAN-bombing mode.
- Fix to time-to-destination display in TID.
- Fix to Rb15 missile-in-target-time.
- Fix to Rb15 missile-in-target-time displayed even though no Rb15 is selected.
- Update Rb15 definitions for AI. AI will now use the missiles properly.
- E on waypoint indicator should not show when aiming ie sidewinder lock.
- TERNAV should not update when turned off
- Updated RB-15 for AI definition. AI will now use the missiles properly.
- Fix to Bk90 not being launchable in NAV-mode.
- EP13 color inversion selectable by radar mode button (black-on-white/white-on-black).
- Brightness and contrast control for EP13.
- Corrected elevation boresight position for Mavericks.
- Added encyclopedia entries for weapons.
- New feature: cartridge from putting marks on F10 map (named B1-B9, M1-M9, BX1-BX9, R1-R9, MR1-MR9 = recon-target, or S1-S9) and selectable in kneepad. Also you can just have a marker named “ATTACK” and a quick attack flightplan will be generated.
- EP13 altitude warning is reset if EP13 is not turned on.
- The Boundary/GRÄNS lines are now visible again.
- AB performance at height and speed tweaked.
- The dumping of the sight for sidewinder carried on wingtips should now be relative to the plane and not the horizon.
- Fixed AKAN dispersion and accuracy.
- Fixed Sun Halo effect on canopy
- Added glass scratches to canopy glass
- Fixed oval-shaped afterburner flame issue
- Slight cockpit optimization
- Fixed afterburner flame clipping into exhaust can
- Fixed RAT projecting through intake on left side of fuselage
- Added Encyclopedia entries for weapons
- Tweaked dispersion for MinGr55 shell for the AKAN m/55 gunpods.
- Fixed pop-up point not switching to target waypoint on being passed.
- Fix to pop-up point not switching over.
- Fixed sun halo on canopy glass.
- Added scratches to canopy glass.
- Fixed oval shaped afterburner.
- Ground Radar 2.0:
- greatly improved ground mapping radar where more objects are visible and the radar better differentiates between terrain types. Read more
- Auto generated attack missions should now default to a ingress/egress angle 45 degree off instead of straight when no suitable terrain-masked ingress/egress is found.
- Fix to TERRNAV not fixing.
DCS Persian Gulf
- Updated Persian Gulf map with additions of Kish Island airfield, Al Bateen airfield, Lavan Island airfield, Bandar-e-Jask airfield, Abu Dhabi International Airport, Sas Al Nakheel airfield, Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center, and the Yas Viceroy with Formula 1 racetrack.
NOTE: All new airports still in the WIP and not working properly yet.
- Map Size restored to the original viewable area in the Mission Editor
- New Instant Action missions in Normandy.
- Cockpit 3D model bugfix.
- Fixed an external textures z-fighting.
DCS Spitfire IX
- Fixed bombs drag issue.
- Adjusted the tint of the armoured glass.
- One of ordinary Spitfire model LODs has clipped wings -fixed.
- Added Instant Action missions for Normandy.
DCS Combined Arms
- The optic sights magnification will not depends from type of munitions.
- Default brightness of night vision optic corrected.
- Corrected night vision window size of CA units when turn on of SSAA graphic option.
- Wounded playable infantry will reduce max speed.
- Incorrect aiming calculation after moved the target point on the F10 map - fixed.
- Corrected mission F-5E Mission - AWACS.miz
- Memory of the Hero. Updated mission 13 and 14. Deleted intro track, corrected triggers.
- Spitfire IX - Big Show Campaign. Corrected a typo in the documentation. Added some B-17 skins that were accidentally missing.
- Spitfire IX Big Show Campaign.
- Performance improvements (not all bombers drop bombs to reduce FPS hit)
- Air Sea Rescue logic changed. Now it’s possible to call mayday even if the radio doesn’t work, you just won’t get an answer.
- M-2000C Red Flag Сampaign.
- Mission 1: added “mission complete” message.
- Mission 6: Changed loadout of some of the Red Force jets after player feedback to slightly reduce the difficulty.
- Mission 10: Mirages 2000-5s will now engage blue forces.
- MiG-29 Over the Hump campaign сorrected.
- F-15C Aggressors BFM Campaign. Added new missions against the Su-27.
…something that Francis Gary Powers found out the hard way.
Wow at 1,149 MB upload! Let’s see…divide by…carry the four…ummm…that’s like over a GB!
Great history channel documentary on this. I used to make my world history students watch every year during the Cold War unit.
Very much so, really want to see CA come into its own. So much untapped potential there.
Yes, 125MB over! It’s like 1.1GB even! Heavens to Mergatroid!
Exit, stage left!
Maybe this update will fix my issues…
Over 19 hours into the update and I am just over 50 percent downloaded. Should be finished around 4 am tomorrow at this rate…
DCS 2.5 Freezing at 85%
Wouldn’t it be faster for someone living in your same nation to simply copy their DCS folder on a USB stick and send it to you?
The download being throttled by them. The download size would take me less than two hours if I was downloading it directly like I do the IL-2 1946 patches but the torrent version of theirs is throttling my download speed to as low as 0.2 KB/s with an upload as high as 60 KB/s so they are using my machine to help push it out but keeping me from downloading it any faster so they won’t lose my machine as a seeder.
At this point with the problems I have had so far I don’t feel comfortable disconnecting from the download. I don’t mind the idea of seeding but twenty times what would be normal is not acceptable. The last two updates using their torrent have not been as bad but they took waaaaaay too long also.
I think if you hit cancel it will change to a direct download and not a torrent.
True, but from what I have read at the ED forums about this complaint in the past that option was not any better. The though of having to wait another 30 or 40 hours so it could download the http version is not at all appealing. With any future updates I intend to kill the torrent immediately and test the http option. If there was a way to disable the torrent option permanently and opt into the http version download I would make that change immediately. At least I would always have the patch if I ran into problems and wouldn’t be at the mercy of their torrent program.
I’ve never experienced such low d/l speeds, but if you suspect the torrent to be the issue canceling to try it won’t hurt anything. Also if you cancel the download totally, it will pick back up where it left off in my experience.
Perhaps, if you don’t like big downloads because of the time, perhaps consider changing to the Open Beta branch. The release IS the open beta, just weeks later.
Being on the open beta will mean more frequent updates. But hopefully that wont culminate into one huge patch when release version catches up.
I went ahead and cancelled it. The update report after I cancelled it was filled with ERRORS galore. That does not bode well for me that the update will fix my current problems even if I did get the update to finish downloading.
Errors like CRC errors or losing connection errors or what?
I get some large variability in speeds at times when I DL the updates but for the most part they peak close to my 100Mbps/13MBps max, and I tend to run them on weekdays in the evening ET zone, when I would imagine it’s fairly congested.
It’s no Steam update but it’s still better than the Il-2 launcher one (which is why I spent an extra $20 to get Il-2 BoS on Steam and then linked my accounts to get the superior patch speeds from it). Most brilliant thing 1CGS did with Il-2 in quite awhile IMO.
Needless to say, if there was a way I could do the same with my DCS install and get the patches from there while still buying from the ED site, I would do it in a second.
DCS World Newsletter - 14 December 2018
DCS World 2.5 Update
This week we updated the release version of DCS World to include many of the new features and fixes from the past two weeks of Open Betas. As always, the goal of the Open Betas is to introduce and test new features and fixes in order to first make sure they do not result in game crashes. Once we are satisfied with the stability of an Open Beta, and that it adds plenty of new content and fixes, we update the Release version.
Noteworthy changes to the DCS World 2.5.3 Release update this week include:
- Restored Instant Action debriefings
- Adjusted AI attack altitude when using bombs
- Added multiple liveries for several ship classes
- New China Pack liveries
- Added F/A-18C Hornet JHMCS, FPAS page, AGM-65E laser-Maverick, air-to-air radar fixes, updated Hornet User Guide, 13 new interactive training lessons, new instant action missions, corrected night lighting, added “Go to Tanker” radio command, and many more items.
- Many updates to the MiG-29 to include flight model, animation, flight control system, and other improvements.
- Huge update to the Persian Gulf map to include many new airfields and landmarks. More additions are still coming!
- Numerous improvements to the RAZBAM M-2000C and AV-B NA and Heatblur AJS-37 Viggen.
You can find the complete change log here.
For the 2.5.4 Open Beta update next week, we plan to add F/A-18C Hornet laser-guided bombs, Bullseye and BRA information, further improvements to the AGM-65F infrared-guided Maverick to include better axis slew control, and more great stuff that you can read about here.
Next week will also see the release of the updated P-51D-25-NA and P-51D-30-NA Mustang, the C-101EB with AFM and C-101CC, and new cockpits for the Bf-109 K-4 and Fw 190 D-9. Exciting times!
DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Cockpit Update
Coming next week will be a fantastic update to the Bf 109 K-4 cockpit. This update will take advantage of new DCS World 2.5 features like deferred shading and Physical Based Rendering (PBR). We think you’ll agree that the results are quite stunning!
As mentioned above, this will be one element of cockpit updates that also include the P-51D and Fw 190 D-9.