DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2018)

OMFGWTFBBQ! FREE NEW UPDATED COCKPITS!
Hell yeah! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not hip to Airedale lingo, either of those Mustangs a post 43 European variant?

@BeachAV8R

2 Likes

Virtually all P-51D/Ks are post '43. The prototype XP-51D flew in November of '43.

The D-25 would be a European delivered Mustang. Our current P-51 is D-30 Pacific delivery.

That said, that does not mean the D-25 will have 75" Manifold and 150 octane gas. Not all Euro ponies used it. On the other handā€¦why do a separate one if you not going to uprate it. Thatā€™s a lot of effort to move some antennas around.

Anyway, weā€™ll see.

This was a quote from @nineline back in October -

ā€œIt was stated some time ago that the current P-51 is a Pacific variant(P-51D-30NA), and that it would be updated to a more appropriate European variant (P-51D-25NA). Not much else on details right now.ā€

The ā€˜more appropriateā€™ hangs like tasty fruit but who knows.

1 Like

I was hoping thatā€™s what this might be. Itā€™ll would be a nice improvement to level things a bit with the Kurfurst.

1 Like

We are working on adding the higher octane fuel, but might not be available right at release.

4 Likes

Thanks @NineLine Fantastic!

OMG! Jumped in the Bug yesterday and VR is looking supa Sweet. I donā€™t know how they optimized it so well but I love it. CCIP Is easier w the new level of visibility.
Nice! Thanks ED!

2 Likes

OMG I actually missed that!

Thatā€™s huge for me. In fact I started to re-learn the L-39 a few days ago because I didnt believe anymore it would happen at all.

If they get the MP working and release it on steam in time I might get my buddy to get it.
He just got into DCS and is on the fence to buy a Trainer module. I prefer the C101 but unfortunately it isnā€™t ready yet.

I just had a free flight in Nevada with the C101 itā€™s looking great with the cockpit upgraded. Hopefully bthe pfm comes soon

1 Like

DCS update postponed to tomorrow. Had to make room for the Tomcat apparently. Or the F-111.

Also 50% off winter sale until Jan 7th.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3725500&postcount=173

6 Likes

Can you use bonus points with the sale?

Oooh good question.
I have almost 30 bucks to spendā€¦

1 Like

Usually you cannotā€¦ IIRC.

4 Likes

DCS World 2018 Winter Sale Video

2018 has been a wonderful year for DCS with outstanding new aircraft, maps, and campaigns. This year saw the release of DCS World 2.5 with advancements in technology and art. We think that 2019 will be even better with eagerly awaited products and features.

In celebration, we are offering 50% off on most DCS World modules from 19 December to 7 January 2019, at 0600 GMT. Find them at:

Aircraft: Modules
Maps: Terrains
Campaigns: Campaigns

We will also be participating in the Steam Winter Sale when that takes place.

From all of us at Eagle Dynamics, thank you, our users and partners, for your support and for making this all possible.

Happy Holidays,

The Eagle Dynamics Team

Music by
Ursine Vulpine ft Annaca - Wicked Game

13 Likes

Last five or so seconds of that showcase a concerning decline in quality and engines. Recommend subtracting by 12.

5 Likes

What was that at the end? See you soon!

I try not to get excited but you guys are killing me!