DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2018)

You know I’d have prefered if that were a rhino nose, but that viper shot at the end sure has me hot n bothered :smiley:

That’s a very sexy trailer by the way, glowing amraam rocking it like nobodies’ bussiness.

2 Likes

Masterful… Love it. Touching and exciting at the same time… plus the Title of the song?
Good old “Wicked game”! Heheheh nice.

Also I promised I wouldn’t buy anything out of the A6… (not out of spite, I literally have no time) but that F16?!
Dammit to hell. By the thirteen gods of war, I might really do that crazy thing and buy it.

1 Like

It has to be said. This video was better than it had any right to be. My flight simming career, from childhood to now flashed before my eyes, like I was sitting in a heavily modified Delorean going 88 miles per hour and traveling through time. Why? Was it the choice in music? Was it the cinematography? It’s not a rhetorical question, I honestly don’t know.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Looking forward to: DCS Viper

Not looking forward to: The flightsim world endlessly arguing over DCS vs. BMS.
(more than usual)

5 Likes

it-crowd-popcorn-go

6 Likes

That was a reeeeally good movie. Didn’t see a Viggen in there, but that’s ok. You usually don’t see Viggens coming… :wink:

7 Likes

There were hardly any helicopters in it either.
…in fact I don’t even remember one.

Perhaps they want to surprise us with those at a later point.

Hangar200 must have crashed them all :slight_smile:

Wish my DCS experience was like there movies.

4 Likes

It was tough to squeeze everything in, but nothing is forgotten, especially Helos, we have the Hind in active development, the Bo-105. The Ka-50 is currently getting refurbished for our new pretty graphics, and more… I didnt miss the Viggens, I like a good steak…

5 Likes

Movie gave me shivers. Great choice of song. To think… it showed just a piece of all the goodness in the game… from Apocalypse Now-esque helo attacks to Vampire fleet point defense, so much more in-game today. And all in VR…

Remember folks. Buy direct from ED. Let’s help keep that momentum going!

2 Likes

-2points, on the video, no f-111 seen

9 Likes

I have high hopes for the DCS dynamic campaign. I love Falcon 4.0, so nothing would please me more than DCS F-16 + DCS Dynamic Campaign = Falcon 5.0!

4 Likes

Well, except for DCS Dynamic Campaign and DCS Vietnam.

I’ll be in my bunk.

2 Likes

There was a Viggen in there…?

The vid gave me shivers too, remarkable job!
The last time I’ve been so impressed was with the A-10C trailer, GA is so freakin talented!

A few of them can be seen in the opening shots and @2:25

:question:
It didn’t matter that there was no Viggen in there, but now it has become an obsession! :astonished: Where? I can’t see them…

I counted 3 in the very first shot, one in the 2nd shot and 2 in the following shot.
And they make another brief appearance in the middle of the vid.
:wink:

1 Like

Going to be an awesome year ahead boys.

The Fort sequences were really amazing, the 3 ship box not withstanding.

But the Viper! Today the Hornet, tomorrow the Viper!

2 Likes

No, @EightBall, what you see is the effects made by Viggen ordinance. The aircraft themselves are almost back at their roadbase by the time those fires were shot. :grin:

BTW, I see some references to GA. Did he make this masterpiece of a movie? He usually signs them…

1 Like