DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2018)

Twenty. Freaking. Percent.

1 Like

That trailer was jaw dropping, really excited to get this all downloaded for the weekend.

FYI: RAZBAM Release Notes didnā€™t make it in:

AV-8B:

• Corrected empty fuel tank definition
  • Cockpit model improvements
  • External model improvements
  • Added EHSD Moving Map (Work-in-Progress)
  • Added TPOD laser ranging
  • Updated TPOD TDC movements
  • Updated TPOD target transfer
  • Corrected aircraft basic empty weight (slightly too low before)
  • Corrected aircraft basic empty roll inertia (too high before, creating incorrect roll response)
  • Corrected combat rating not allowed when nozzles not aft or gear down
  • Corrected very high altitude engine performance (>35000ft, was insufficient before)

M-2000C:

• Improved pitch responsiveness
  • Improved AP responsiveness and control
  • Improved extreme angle of attack behavior
  • Improved engine malfunction modeling during in-flow loss
  • Controls indicator now also shows trim position (previously only shown during AP engagement)
  • Removed innacurate altitude limitations for AP engagement
  • Corrected nature of trim control sensitivity to be relative to framerate
  • Corrected nature of AP heading and trim control sensitivity to be relative to framerate
  • Corrected helmet visor animation and reversal between external and cockpit view
  • Corrected direction of trim indicator in controls indicator
  • Corrected innacurate pitch moment with airbrake deployment
1 Like

Noticed Harrier NVGs are different also. Look way more realistic.

Waitā€¦ what? They implemented the Moving Map? Anyone got a screenie while Iā€™m burning in hot ED-torrentscape-hell?

Forty. Percent.

This is maddening.

Navy I had some success by disconnecting and restarting the download when it got real slow. Still took me 4 hours though.

@Tankerwade and @DeadMeat canā€™t get it workinā€™ in Georgia at the moment.

1 Like

The second I can get Georgia downloaded Iā€™m firing up my MiG-21 and blasting this awesomeness through my speakers:

4 Likes

My experience so far is performance is very similar to NTTR. I noticed it kept my 1.5 settings, so i was running 8x MSAA vs normally 4x on 2.2, and the frames were over 60 FPS, and when flying over heavy forrested areas low, it behaved very similarly to flying low over vegas dipping into the 50ā€™s. I even jumped online on the TTI server, and the frames were basically unnoticeably different from the 1.5 version. In my short 30 minutes of review time, Iā€™d say this could so far be considered a great success for DCS.

TL DR
I have a decent setup but nothing crazy and it runs great. i7 6700k GTX 1070.

1 Like

At that rate, I could burn it to CD ROMS and fly it over to you fasterā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got a 4-pack of Trophy Wife, a Bomber of Bond Brothers Boysenberry sour, and a handle of Kraken Spiced Dark. And a puppy who loves company.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Started the download at about 6.30pm (UK time)
And left it ā€¦ Checked again at about midnight and it was a 75%ā€¦ Got up this morning for work at 5am ā€¦ Complete ā€¦ Yes had a quick look at the mission editor map and they have extended it further to the south then had to leave for a 12 hour shift ā€¦I will admit the sickie day was calling :thinking:

3 Likes

55% here after starting the download off around 14.30 yesterday its 07.30 now, best find something else to do today :nauseated_face:

ā€œā€¦bin\DCS_updater.exe update 2.5.0.13818.311@openbetaā€
Golden.

Never has a meme been any more appropriate.

Dog-Playing-Golf-Funny-Meme-Gif-Picture-For-Whatsapp

Iā€™ve been readinā€™ and lookinā€™ for almost 3 hours and until Jeffzigā€™s post it was hopeless. Salute!

So now itā€™s working on it. I think. Maybe. :smiley:

4 Likes

Good to hear from you! Iā€™ve been worried ever since Harvey. Hope to fly with you soon!

1 Like

Yay! Not just me lol :smiley:

Started mine at about 10pm and at 6am this morning it was still going but at least will be done by the time Iā€™m home from work :grin:

1 Like