DCS 2.5 Update Thread

dcs

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3817319#post3817319

Just popped up, an explanation of the dedicated server controls. Guess we now know what the ‘extra feature’ is :smiley:

DCS: MiG-19P Farmer by RAZBAM Simulations is now available.
Introduced of the DCS Dedicated Server.

DCS World

• Static objects linked to a parent object with offset fixation will ow rotate with the parent object (i.e. static objects on an aircraft carrier).
  • AI combat vehicles. Buildings and allied units in the the line of sight prevents weapon fire.
  • MP. Multiple clients will not spawn in the same location on the CVN-74 deck.
  • Fixed bug that could potentially cause SFM aircraft to explode at spawn.
  • Improved performance of some scripting functions.
  • Open mission/track panels. Added ability to sort files by typing by first letter of the file name.
  • Fixed frequent crash with mission scripting - script trying to destroy aircraft when aircraft trigger some event , as result - aircraft destroyed in the middle of self activity which result crash on next line after posting event.
  • Aircraft AI. Fixed crash caused by the bingo fuel landing at aircraft carrier.
  • JTAC will now not report Rapier as SA-2.
  • ME. Ground units. Added different colors for detection and engagement range rings.
  • ME. Deleted non-functional PLANNING CARGO indicator from aircraft payload menu.
  • MP. The glass in the cockpit will be transparent, not black, during texture loading after spawning into the cockpit.
  • MP. Some tuning of Server options panel.
  • MP. Client aircraft disappears, if he disconnects from the server on pause and joins back, fixed.
  • Mi-8MTV2 and UH-1H AI helicopters. Onboard gunners are implemented. From now the AI gunners will engage different types of threats within their (gunners’) weapons range.
  • Airborne troops can embarking to second helicopter after disembarking from the first one.

DCS M-2000C by RAZBAM

• Weapon positions fixed
  • Cockpit internal lighting improved
  • Mission 1 and Mission 12 updates in the Campaign

DCS AV-8B by RAZBAM

• Weapon positions fixed
  • MPCD Transparency background fix
  • KC-135 MPRS wingtip vortices position fixed
  • Bitching Betty sounds upgraded
  • Cockpit internal lighting improved
  • Ground Proximity Warning System enabled

DCS C-101 by AvioDev

• Improved textures of cockpit structure and front panel
  • Fixed canopy textures
  • Fixed pilot textures
  • All liveries are now also accessible to users that do not own the module
  • Fixed engine failure due to ice accretion
  • Added the following failures:

Engine flameout with relight
Engine flameout without relight
Engine anti-ice failure
Chip in oil (including engine damage accumulation if engine is mishandled)
GS and LOC signal failures
VOR, TACAN, DME, ADF and radio altimeter failures
Pitch trim runaway - Nose up
Pitch trim runaway - Nose down
Control stick pitch trim switch failure
Control stick aileron trim switch failure
Rudder trim failure
Left gear extension fault
Left gear retraction fault
Right gear extension fault
Right gear retraction fault
Nose gear extension fault
Nose gear retraction fault
Flaps fault

• Front and rear cockpits synchronization in multiplayer (multicrew):

Fixed dc bus tie and engine anti-ice syncs
Added fuel valve, submerged pump and fuselage fuel quantity syncs
Added partially functioning transfer pumps and start-up sequence syncs
Fixed fuel pumps synchronization

• Fixed refueling on ground (Still WIP, can only refuel up to 97% and cannot defuel)

DCS Christen Eagle II by Magnitude 3 LLC

• Introduction of new pilots and associated textures.

DCS Fw 190 D-9

• ME, payload. Corrected the order of hardpoints.
  • The asymmetrical loadouts in the ingame payload panel are not possible now.
  • The sensitivity of rotaries EZ42 Gunsight Target Distance Control and EZ42 Gunsight Altitude Aiming Correction Adjusting Knob I is decreased for fine tuning.

DCS Bf 109 K-4

• Corrected the parking places in the Taxi and Takeoff training mission.

DCS F/A-18C

• MIDS with Link 16 datalink functionality was added
  • Situational Awareness (SA) page basic functionality was added: MSI symbology, PPLI, F/F, and SURV tracks, EW symbols, air defense zones, TUC data, chaff/flares data, waypoints and route, and Sensor subpage
  • IFF was improved: possibility to interrogate target on RDR page with no radar lock
  • Link 16 capable AI aircraft were improved to interact with F/A-18C
  • NCTR function was added
  • Corrected Hornet 1989-OCA.miz
  • Turn rate indication on ADI page was fixed
  • HARM Target of Opportunity (TOO) mode was added
  • Some minor fixes in HARM SP mode
  • Tone for HARM handoff in SP mode was added
  • WYPT indication on HUD will not jumps when heading goes through zero.

DCS Flaming Cliffs

• MiG-29. RPM hangs at 100% if player moves throttle from max to medium position at supersonic speeds is fixed.

DCS Campaigns
A-10C Basic Flight Training (BFT) Campaign:

BFT08 - Corrected Manual Reversion oscillations.
BFT10 - Corrected altitude triggers. Added F10 Nav Point references for VR.
The Enemy Within 3.0
Mission 02: Updated radio settings for the wingman (35.5 FM).
Mission 04: Small adjustments and bug fixes for radio system. Updated laser code in the kneeboard.
Mission 05: Fixed bug where sometimes the RTB conversation wouldn’t be played. Wingman will no longer speak after he has been shot down.
Mission 12: Updated timing of some voiceovers.
Mission 16: Fixed bug where HVA would be destroyed even if player killed all enemy units.
Mission 18: Fixed rare bug when some players would not hear comms with Overlord.
Black Shark 2 Republic Campaign. Structure of campaign changed. Minor changes in missions.

That’s a nice list of fixes and improvement to the C-101…awesome…

I’m really looking forward to checking out the Mirage and Harrier pits. They could use a bit of a lighting fix.
Also the Farmer. Gotta get me my MiG on!

This looks like a big upgrade for a lot of things :sunglasses:

So is The DCS Dedicated Server The New Long Awaited Feature Wags wa talking about?

It obviously is.

Those hornets are gonna rule air-to-air for the forseeable future. That datalink is such a killer feature.

Got it!! I really don’t play MP…So wasn’t sure,Thanks for clarification.

Any idea for how to get rolling with the dedicated server? I took a very quick snoop around the update files, but I didn’t see anything. Is it a separate download?

I linked the explanation thread upthread a little. What it amounts to is a launch parameter to the dcs.exe to make it run “headless”. There’s also a webUI you should be able to use to do admin stuff with.

Aaand the nagging has started. :laughing:

Aint no pleasin’ some people!

Speaking of pleasing, I am happy as a communist pig in communist mud with my Farmer :cccp: :champagne:

Thank you sir!
I had seen that thread, but it appeared like a separate tool. Should have read further!

So for now it’s not as much a “dedicated server” in the standalone sense that we’d expect, but a runtime option to reduce system load and add manageability.

Just for clarification:
Do I need to have all terrains installed or only the ones I want to host missions on?
The post on the ED forums says all terrains and I am not sure if that is a typo or not.

(Not that it bothers me a lot, I own all maps. I just wondered)

Oh and just to keep my “negative Nancy” reputation:
Boo why not a real dedicated server on Linux?
(And yes I might try if I can get it to run on WINE or something :smiley: )

You need them all for the server’s account.

One guy asked “how do I manage it if it’s a different DCS account, when it says you have to log in as the same.”

To clarify here:
-Management is done via the DCS website, not your game client.
Easy peasy!

Maybe once they get this idea working, they can branch it off. I think this gives them a way to work on it without starting a whole new project and code base.

As someone on the ED forums pointed out - it’s not much benefit as a “lightweight” server when you need a full install still, terrains included.

Oh. Wait…
So… I can run the dedicated server on one PC and still use the same account to fly DCSW on it using another PC, can’t I?
EDIT2: I read it again and I think you can.

EDIT:
Yeah it might be a small first step, but definitely one into the right direction!

I don’t think you can run the same account on two instances, hence the web based manager.

What I would like to try is directing my Centos Apache webserver to serve the local HTML file using a SAMBA share. Then I can manage the server under my own domain name.

DCS: MiG-19P Farmer by RAZBAM Simulations Now Available and Other News

DCS: MiG-19 Farmer by RAZBAM Simulations Ready for Takeoff!

Download now from DCS e-shop

The MiG-19P will initially be available on Open Beta.

The MiG-19P Farmer was designed by the legendary Mikoyan Design Bureau in the Early 1950’s and was the Soviet Union’s first true supersonic interceptor that could exceed Mach 1 in level flight.

Designed to take on enemy fighters and bombers at any time of day or night and in any weather condition, the Farmer was equipped with the RP-5 lzumrud radar in the nose and armed with two NR-30 30mm cannons in the wing roots. The Farmer is also able to carry an array of ground attack weapons that include S-5M rockets and various general-purpose bombs. It is a lethal interceptor with conventional ground attack capabilities.

We are proud to bring you this exciting addition to DCS World. The Farmer is highly-optimized to work within DCS World and takes advantage of its unrivalled combat environment that only Eagle Dynamics can offer.

MiG-19P-by-RAZBAM-cover-350

Key Features that the MiG-19 Farmer for DCS World by RAZBAM include:

• The flight model provides realistic performance and flight
  • characteristics. The flight model will see further refinements in coming weeks and months
  • Highly detailed 3D model and animations
  • Highly detailed and accurate 6 DOF cockpit with mouse-interactive controls.
  • Realistic modelling of the aircraft systems including electrical, fuel, hydraulics, lighting, engine and navigation
  • High-resolution 3D model and cockpit textures, including specular and bump mapping as well as deferred shading and Physical Based Rendering (PBR)
  • NR-30 30mm Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground cannons
  • Air-to-Air missiles
  • S-5M Rocket pods
  • Realistic afterburner
  • Numerous skins
  • Instant action, single, and a campaign
  • Interactive training lessons and videos

DCS Dedicated Server Release!
At long last the DCS World Dedicated Server is available to all! In our quest to greatly improve the DCS World online experience, this is a cornerstone element and will play a pivotal role as DCS World Online moves forward. The Dedicated Server is available to anyone that wishes to run one.

Features of the Dedicated Server include:

• Run a server without the need of a render. This allows a server to need less RAM and only a very simple video card.
  • The CPU processor load is lower, so you can use a less-powerful CPUs or run more complicated missions instead.
  • You can run multiple copies of a Dedicated Server on one PC. Computer capabilities can be used more fully when you start servers in different CPU threads.
  • A Dedicated Server can be controlled remotely via WebGUI.

Although we have tested extensively internally and with several community servers, there may be non-official scripts that will not function well with a Dedicated Server. We ask that you report such issues and/or avoid using non-supported scripts.

DCS: Combined Arms Frontlines Georgia Campaign Available on Steam
The Combined Arms: Frontlines Georgia campaign is the first all Combined Arms single player campaign. In this campaign you will experience many different aspects of Combined Arms combat in DCS World, from commanding many units over a number of different objectives to sitting in a tank and commanding a platoon of tanks from the driver’s seat.

DCS_CA-FC_350

Get it now from Steam

Key Features:

• 11 Story driven missions (with supplemental missions if you have a
  • stumble along the way)
  • Command various ground units, from armor, to transport
  • Freedom to set up your air units load-outs before the mission starts
  • 35+ unique voice overs

With CA Frontlines, we hope you will learn and enjoy playing DCS:
Combined Arms in ways you might not have ever thought about before.

DCS World Open Beta Update
The biggest items for the Open Beta this week include support of the MiG-19P, dedicated server, and some great, new Hornet features like data link, Situational Awareness Display, and TOO mode for the HARM anti-radiation missile.

Other items include:

• Corrected orientation of child static object on parent unit.
  • Adjusted logic for ground unit line of sight with objects and friendly units in the way.
  • Corrected multiplayer spawn errors on the US aircraft carrier.
  • Improved performance of some scripts.
  • Fixes and updates to the RAZBAM AV-8B and M-2000C.
  • Several fixes and updates to the AvioDev C-101.
  • Improvements to the Fw 190 D-9 and Bf 109 K-4

You can read the complete change log here

I agree that they made a bit much hype about the current state of it but at least things are moving…