DCS 2.5.x Screenshots (2021)

Great to hear. I’m about to get back into it again - to see how the radios function with some coding I’ve been doing (good excuse, eh :slight_smile: ). The Jump jet seems to be my favorite module that I never fly. You have my curiosity piqued.

1 Like

It’s a Harrier…just jump(jet) over them. :wink:

4 Likes

Nope. It doesn’t work Will. They have a death grip on your wheels and just won’t release lol

1 Like

Took the Hornet out tonight with the Royal Australian Air Force. Dropped some Walleyes IIs on insurgent facilities along the coast. Been so long since I touched this module. So many new things to learn.

8 Likes

LOL…kind of like the MiG-21 and 19 wheel chocks - 2 minutes of start up just to be stopped dead when trying to taxi.

In RL some jets can “jump the chocks”. A friend of mine was a crewman on NEACP (E-4) based at Offutt AFB. They had to emergency sortie for tornadoes in the area. They literally “jumped the chocks”. My friend said that as they were on their takeoff roll, he looked out his window and saw a big hangar get ripped apart.

…makes one wonder why the US would locate their Strategic Command with all its high-value aircraft (NEACP, Looking Glass, etc.) in “Tornado Alley”… but I don’t live in the US anymore so I don’t really care. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There is an excellent anecdote in the book “contact” by Victor pilot Bob Tuxford (a personal hero of mine) about a day at a Saudi airport that wasn’t exactly top of the line. He was extremely heavy with the older Victor K1 with the low powered Sapphire engines and wound himself up at the very start of the runway and held himself on the brakes to give him the best chance of actually making flight by the end of the short runway. Apparently 2 large and decrepit hangers were blown down and an order to stop the takeoff was given which was ignored. When they returned a few years later after hearing nothing further about it, the airport was totally modernised and everything was heavy brick and steel. So they congratulated themselves on bringing the Saudis into the modern era. It was very amusing to read.

2 Likes

The Viggen, of course…
It will even throw out its external power/cooling air supply, when startup is complete.

Geography, not climate. Same reason the B-2s are in MO.

Wardens wheelclamps. You need to pay the fines

1 Like

As a former officer there is always that remote possibility that you could be recalled. .jpg

Wheels

1 Like

Plus the IRS always gets their man… :wink: The USA is one of the few countries in the world where even if you aren’t a resident you need to pay your taxes. Renouncing US citizenship is therefore surprisingly hard.

1 Like

Really? Even if you live abroad you have to send money back or is it only when you return for a visit etc

Yep, for your entire life, even if you’ve never earnt a cent in the country ever again. A lot of countries have tax treaties, so you don’t pay your income tax twice, but for things like capital gains etc, once you’re in the Uncle Sam Club you stay in the Club. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My god. I’ve never come across that before. Very interesting. Thanks for clarification :grinning:

1 Like

I can attest to this. :pleading_face:

I love the C-101CC. But life is brutally short on the modern battlefield in her… :rofl:

Maybe I can find some trucks to bomb. Or a baby milk factory.

Maybe I can slink away in this valley…

8 Likes

Brutal!!! LOL

1 Like

You might even say that the Brits congratulated them selves because the Saudis had corrugated themselves! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sadly, not many servers stick to the early Cold War aircraft. The learning curve to actually fly and fight in a non-digital point and shoot teen jet, doesn’t capture the attention of the current DCS crowd.

Nice to see someone with taste.

1 Like

Every time I hear the phrase “baby milk factory” I think of my wife…

2 Likes