DCS 2.5.X Screenshots (2018)

Kiss the rain

…and then I set fire. to the rain, watch it burn…

1 Like

5 Likes

how does the hawk compare to the L-39 with regards to flight modelling?

By most accounts, poorly.

2 Likes

Some more shots from my early morning strait patrol.

The weather is pretty severe.

Pushing north.

The sun is setting, the thick cloud cover makes this dawn atmospheric.

Made a short stop @ Khasab Airport. Seems like the canopy wasn’t sealed properly - I can see rain drops on HUD glass :wink:

Leaving Khasab behind.

I continue my patrol north looking for some tankers to train my LGB+TPOD skills.

Putting those laser guided bombs under this weather will be tricky due to the low ceiling.

Nevertheless we got our first target.

It went down quickly.

6 Likes

The hawk has a simple flight model. The L39 is by far the best trainer module of the three we have available (I have them all). I’m hoping that VEAO continue to work on the Hawk though. I served in the RAF at a Hawk base in the early 90’s and even managed to fly in one once (unfortunately, it was a very nauseating experience, lol)…

1 Like

With @klarsnow

6 Likes

The Hawk has a EFM

1 Like

This is a cool shot @damson

3 Likes

3 Likes

11 Likes

3 Likes

Did some airliner harassment in a J-11 today :sunglasses:

Posed a bit for the passangers.

Although there seem to be none on board …

Getting even closer to have a peak inside.

The Yak-40 captain doesn’t seem to care …

That one is interesting - badge on the pilot’s left arm reads “THE IMAGINARY ENEMY OF CHINESE AIRFORCE” - is this an easter egg or something? :thinking: Or am I flying as an aggressor squadron?

Had a … small mishap during landing … related to delayed nose wheel steering activation …

The airframe is still airworthy so no big deal, right?

7 Likes

There should be civilian air traffic like they have civilian ground traffic, also controlled by a slider. I remember in many old sims having to ID planes because it might be an airliner or GA plane and not a MiG. Then I fired a 120 and broke lock only to have it engage the airliner instead of the MiG when it went active. :blush:

I just don’t know if that’s a bridge too far with the current engine.

2 Likes

No it aint. There’s some users who built prepackaged bits of code that go into your missions to add random civvie traffic. Having just today learned how to do a trigger, that stuff is still quite a bit above my paygrade.

3 Likes

It’s probably the last batch I promise :wink: I just love how good this sim looks.

Polish Air Force patrolling UAE.

MIG-29A from 41st Sqn and F-16C Block 52+ from 6th Sqn.

I don’t know why, but I was unable to arm the F-16 in mission editor.

That’s why its flying clean.

We’ve got some more wingmen with us.

Sierra Hotel break is a must in those circumstances :sunglasses:

Too much Top Gun :roll_eyes:

Although I would rather do it in the Tomcat to an MIG-28 :wink:

Well, hello there …

F-16 #2 must be thinking I’m nuts.

Goose did you took that picture? Too much of this negative G’s at this point

Our entire flight in one frame.

I love when you can cast shadow on other planes.

Some bonus shots of civilian traffic.

7 Likes

A new bug in 2.5? I have plenty of MP missions in the old DCS where F-16s ran SEAD or CAP flights.

1 Like

Flying the harrier is a very natural experience, didn’t fly it short of performance testing in the last 3 or 4 months atleast, but the big MFD’s pretty much explain themselves when it comes to systems and their deployment.

Also, this plane needs to be photographed in weird angles, I just love the way it looks!

5 Likes

yup, harrier is a great little plane. Such a complete package. Have you managed to self-lase an LGB yet? No autopilot makes that challenging.

1 Like