DCS 2.5.X Screenshots (2018)

Few from yesterday. @klarsnow and @near_blind refueling, @Bogusheadbox in close, and I had an interesting glitch. My hornet stuck to the deck on touchdown.

6 Likes

I’m amazed at how nice this looks and how well it runs on my laptop…

8 Likes

RTB

5 Likes

Things got a little dicey (12.7 G) in MiG-29 guns fight. Crew Chief not going to like this… Better cue up Dos Gringos for him!

2 Likes

They are hard chargers those Mig29 s my opponent kept his burner on the whole flight and I kept loosing speed turning inside him with too high Alpha

1 Like

2 Likes

4 Ship strike on the way to northern Iran, Myself leading, Bogusheadbox up close on the left, Near Blind on the right, and boomerang outboard on the left.

Two ship taking off from Minhad

The fourship strike once more.

Bandar Abas Strike.

More Bandar Abas Strike.

5 Likes

7 Likes

I joined in on the last sortie w/ @klarsnow @Bogusheadbox @Toppometer @near_blind @SierraAlphaMike At the various stages of recovery and flight. The puff of smoke off the fan tail is @Toppometer May God Rest his soul… Most fun I’ve had on an impromptu strike mission in a while. Dropped probably 30 Mk 83’s on Mr. I hate America, and then returned to the boat.

EDIT: Here is @SierraAlphaMike making a good pass. I had ALT F9 mapped to record so I inadvertently recorded it. Drunk LSO being no help at all.

8 Likes

6 Likes

2 Likes

Gunny highway setting up to trap.

Near Blind on Short final.

Near Blind catching the 1 wire.

Bogusheadbox catching the 3 wire.

5 Likes

@klarsnow and @Bogusheadbox doing a near simultaneous cat shot.

@Gunnyhighway breaking the gear (this might be a DCS first)

Captain of the Stennis screwing with @boomerang10

The Pretty Gulf

@klarsnow @Toppometer @Gunnyhighway and @Bogusheadbox

5 Likes

First Trap in the Hornet! Wait a minute…

Quick, Line up and launch before they notice!

Look Ma! I’m a Harrier!

6 Likes

Justifying the ownership of Vegas.

1 Like

Couple from u/-Haydz- WIP Hornet campaign. You can find it here: Link

7 Likes

Nailed it! :+1:

16 Likes

It sure is a great feeling of achievement, to trap on the ship! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I managed a trap last night (my first!) and felt elated :slight_smile: No idea which wire I caught though but it was probably the #2 (might have been the #1 because I was a little low. Wooo!

4 Likes

I keep watching videos instead of actually flying it. I’m so mesmerized by the beauty of the Hornet, the water, and the DCS World environment…

4 Likes