DCS 2.5.X Screenshots (2018)

I’d be ok even with static sprites, anything to break up what still feels like a sterile environment.

2 Likes

Deck Crew and stuff would be added later IIRC,
I might move some old Models from my Thirdwire Sims CVN Mod from waaaaaaaaay back then, and import and upgrade to PBR, and save as EDM that can be placed as static object.

2 Likes

Ah, what happens when it’s the end of the dogfight, you’re almost done playing for the night, and you have 5 surplus sidewinders…

“Fox two. Fox two again. Fox two again. And again…”

2 Likes

It was justified. That haxing punk had already eaten a couple hundred of 20mm rounds without giving up the ghost. Heavy lies the banhammer.

That was a human pilot?

Nope, just an AI and the post 2.5 damage model wonkiness.

1 Like

10 Likes

Nice head on shot of the Mi-24 with the rockets.

1 Like

@smokinhole and @klarsnow

4 Likes

Taking a spin in the Mirage-2000C.

7 Likes

Finally started doing some combat oriented flying with the Hornet using some home made missions.

Beautiful day for flying in the gulf.

Turning towards the target bridges from IP.

Our CAP mixing it up with a pair of Iranian MiG-29s. I can’t wait for Heatblurs F-14’s to be released so we can finally get some new models in game.

In Hot!

Good hits!

The MiG’s manged to take out the F-14’s and set their sights on us. With them close and bearing down on us fast, I made the decision to turn and fight.

After an uneventful BVR exchange we ended up merged, with both MiG’s on my six. Two went full Maverick and splashed both MiG’s while I was defensively flailing about the sky like Iceman.

Home sweet home…and a source of fresh flight suits.

Surprised I made this trap. Between shody pattern work on my part, and dealing with a pitching deck and turbulence for the first time, I’m pretty sure I landed a tad short but manged to some how snag the 4 wire.

Two back safe and sound. Needless to say he won’t have to buy his own drinks for quite awhile.

8 Likes

Well, I can’t say he’s wrong lol.

SOON

3 Likes
1 Like

I tinkered with Capt Zeen Helios profile for the F/A-18, and now my touchscreen in the simpit shows an UFC that I can touch with displays that change accordingly :star_struck:

Credits go to Capt Zeen:

5 Likes

I really want to try out the touch screen and helios stuff!!!

It’s really a nice piece of software. It lacks some good documentation, but there are good tutorials on SimHQ and some videos on YouTube.

Nevertheless it took me several hours to learn the ropes and modify Zeen’s profile to my vintage 800x600 touchscreen.

Also playing around with display export, multimonitor luas and converting resolutions while keeping aspect ratios is kind of hard at 1 a.m.

1 Like

5 Likes

Not the prettiest shot, but I thought it was a nice scene.

11 Likes

Doing my “Hoser” impression in a Harrier w/ @klarsnow @whareagle

4 Likes