DCS 2.5.X Screenshots (2018)

Driving some Merkava mk4 looks like ArmA 3 lol

6 Likes

Flying with the Rift generally means you don’t get great screenshots, but I kind of liked this one.

I’m lost for words. 2.5 looks phenomenal in the Rift. I might have to fire it up in 2D just to grab some beauty shots

6 Likes

Paul, we have enough 16:9 shots. Keep the VR shots comin for a change :slight_smile:

1 Like

I took a couple last night goofing around with some 229th guys

2 Likes

I’m working my way home, towards a weekend of DCS
!
How’s the VR performance?
I’m contemplating deleting my 1.5 & 2.2 installs and install 2.5 from scratch. Any thoughts on this?
Really beautiful pic, BTW!
Winter, sea and a Viggen in its natural habitat, brings a tear to the eye of this ex. SwAF Crewchief.

1 Like

I don’t think you need worry about performance. Its silky smooth and very scalable. I have managed to introduce Ultra View distance, low heat blur and tweaked the shadows. Oh and ramped the sliders to the right for grass and trees :slight_smile: Smoother than 2.2 in all maps too. YMMV obviously

1 Like

Looks like when AA is set in nVidia setings then pics are taken ingame without AA.

Anyway, I can say I am happy with the looks and feel of 2.5! After some setup changes I have, I think, the game where I want it to be visualy.
And the performance! No single CTD or freeze, thats absolutely great.

Low level is so much fun now

but still this guy needs to learn how to run!

3 Likes

Performance wise, 2.5 is great. It looks better than 1.5 and 2.2 and somehow it runs smoother too. ED did an outstanding job.

As for a completely clean reinstall, if you have a fast internet connection then I guess it wouldn’t hurt. My updated install seems to be working just fine though, especially after rebuilding the shaders.

1 Like

I think I spoke too well about 2.5, it just freezed in Su27 Intercept mision :slight_smile:

I also updated from 1.5, but I think I will go with fresh instal after 2.5 is fuly released.

I would think ED would insert a shader rebuild routine into the installer for the non-beta branch release.
It’s a step too far for the average PC user and too many people won’t bother unless it’s broken. Since it won’t be broken, just blah looking, they’ll skip it then complain it’s blah looking. :slight_smile:

Looking at some pics of PSP
it looks like the holes really ARE that big-ish
so I can’t complain too much. They just seem sort of low res or something

1 Like

I remember commenting the size of the PSP/Marsden mats where I compared them to the size of a spitfire. They seemed too large to me as well.

Did I ever say I love this game?

3 Likes

Your paint scheme is looking good in 2.5 and VR
! I’m pretty sure I was looking so darn good in that paint that it caused the ZSUs and SAMs to miss me
!

3 Likes

High noon

6 Likes

6 Likes

Just some random shots. Got to love DCS atm its soo pretty
And I love how you dont get those awful monitor arcs now when veiwing lots of sky

4 Likes

:smiley: Awesome.

For all the effort they’ve put in the installer looking for already downloaded content in other branch installs, this has me scratching my head. Why copy the shaders? Boggles my mind.

Still working on the dialing my settings in but it’s getting better every flight.

6 Likes