DCS 2.5.X Screenshots (2018)

Wicked ground effect.

From my initial estimation, just about every building with a flat enough surface can be landed on. I would have tried more but I burned off too much gas by that point and the airfield I landed at wouldn’t trade my Vegetarian Omelette MRE for a few gallons. :blush:

1 Like

You’re gonna need a bigger house

And we got annoyed in the Reactor lounge, because when fires break out on the flight deck, crash and smash air has to go fight them, and we can’t keep taking their money in the nightly poker game.

4 Likes

This sounds like something from Fallout, like a 50’s themed pub that’s lit by the warm greenish glow of cartoon uranium rods.

1 Like

6 Likes

Was trying to find the limits on some detail settings, using highest preset. Using this preset disabled things like moving maps and video feeds; not sure why.

(I think the Stennis must be hauling some butt if I’ve got contrails like that!)

6 Likes

9 Likes

8 Likes

Been working on and flying a training mission for myself in order to go and look at the beautiful Persian Gulf map, specifically area where the new airports and population centers were placed up in the north of the map. Wanted to add in some civilian type aircraft to make the airports look like they are a hub of activity. Here are some picks of the IL-76MD in a new paint scheme. Lighting effects in the terrain engine are gorgeous to say the least.

12 Likes

Using Mustangs PG texture tweak mod.

NSAWC and VX-31 CoNA.

13 Likes

Look I know its a strike aircraft but I didn’t realize that it was gonna be so striking! I decided to run an recon mission using the ELINT capabilities of the Viggen (see what you guys have done…) on the DynamicCapture mission.

Early morning departure

Waking up the neighbors

Making sure to put some angles between me and what ever was tracking me.

I’m still working on translating the results.

12 Likes

I can’t be the only one who does this with the Harrier! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Landing a harrier somewhere interesting is really just the DCS equivalent of planking.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Because so many people try and fail to do it? :grin:

@klarsnow and @near_blind overhead.

Nice approach…

Got him!

@near_blind bringing it home, @klarsnow parked.

1 Like

Same Flight

Both on the boat after the first landing

Hop 2

All on the boat at very dark O’clock.

11 Likes

Did I ever mention how much I hate #@%* Vortex Ring…

…I really, really do! At least I could walk (hobble) away from this one.

4 Likes

Få lite! (Swedish for “Get Some!”…probably not a direct translation.)

Viggen loaded with max low drag bombs - alt approx 100m / speed approx 650-700 kph.

Later I stopped by to collect all the dead fish from the short rounds.

7 Likes