Q

5 Likes

Fotos más adecuadas, por favor!

3 Likes

Queso?

20150204-queso-vicky-wasik-4

4 Likes

3 Likes

Landing on the Tarawa in thunderstorm, high turbulence, variable winds – reward is it looks awesome in the rain:

9 Likes

Just when I decided to not pick up the Yak due to it not having a useful purpose in the sim, you manage to find a mission for it, and now I’m thinking that it could be fun in a FAC role. It would benefit from some WP rockets to mark targets though.

Anybody got a smoke grenade script?

1 Like

for concealment, or signaling?

1 Like

For duck hunting. :wink:

In the context of AFAC he probably means for marking targets.

Adverse weather strike, thunderstorm, 0600

Have to find the tanker first, only took 50% fuel:

Finally picked him up – this was REALLY hard, and unfortunately took me about 7-8 minutes to fill up:

Had to duck below the cloud cover to try and find the target – FLIR is very buggy in these conditions:

After a while, gave up and slaved the TGP to the waypoint and hoped for the best, so went home:

The descent back to the Tarawa:

Fortunately, TACAN works, but trying to find the Tarawa is rough – FLIR picks up the smoke stacks, barely:

Hit the brakes!

I almost didn’t make it, as I pulled too hard and ended up dragging the nose across the deck; almost thought it was all over but application of max thrust and water saved me right at the last moment and I was able to come back around and set it down, with a few scrape marks on the nose:

Parked it and by now light is starting to get better:

Fog is pretty thick!

10 Likes

Yep, for sure. There are possibilities in single player though, if a player can read a map. I’m experimenting with a system where the player finds a target visually, finds its MGRS grid location, then selects the appropriate coordinates from a list in the comms menu. From there, another unit attacks whatever is at that location. It will take some ironing out but it is going well so far:

https://i.imgur.com/FmDZ9mo.mp4

8 Likes

6 Likes

That is very interesting. May I ask you if you have found a way to dynamically capture player input or are you presenting the player with some fixed locations to chose from? In the past I have been experimenting with this, but the only way to capture coordinates was to go through the whole F10 menu process for every single digit, which I found unpractical.

Looks like I picked the wrong camouflage for this mission…

…no wait,…much better now :sunglasses:

Guns! Guns! Guns! (how cool does that look)…and a good thing I had them because I couldn’t the CBUs to drop…known issue?

Forget CBUs…try 7 x Snake Eyes…“When you care enough to send the very best.” :sunglasses:

They don’t call it the Magnificent 8 for nothing! 4 x rocket pods and I’m carrying a platoon of troops. A great helo to fly…now if I could only land it without shearing off the tail rotor. :scream:

My latest acquisition: Three empty HOT tubes and smashed convoy…now comes Miller Time!

On a not so cool screen shot…does this happened to anybody else when they go check the F10 map before take off…a flood of Biblical proportions…mission changed from Airbase Interdiction to Collecting Animals by twos.

8 Likes

Yes, I have. I believe it’s the result of all landmasses being built over water? Not sure

Nice screenshots

2 Likes

If that last shot was taken from the Flag Bridge of CVN-74, they should have shown the control panel for the treadmill…that was were the Staff worked out. (Yes @Navynuke99, Flag Staffs do PT!)

2 Likes