DCS 2.5.X Screenshots (2018)

Saw this skin in the ED user files and couldn’t resists.

2 Likes

Did you turn off shadows?

Thanks for the great response everyone! I was quite surprised how well these ships work together with Harriers and Hornets at night/dawn with rainy weather.

The Harrier screenshots are set at 4th April, 18:23, clouds density to 9 at 5000 meters, thunderstorm and fog visibility to 1350M and thickness to 240M.

Hornet screens are almost the same except with 8 clouds at lower altitude, rain only and the clock to around 6:13, fog visibility around 2000M.

@fearlessfrog

5 Likes

Yea… one of several sacrifices I had to make to get reasonable frames with my current system. I should turn them on for screen shots and the like but I usually forget.

Great story! Do you remember what you were squawking? I assume you weren’t squeaking Mode 4 on a transit flight. They probably assumed you were an errant airliner but being on an airway they should have know better…I blame their intel officer for not getting involved …seriously, sometimes as the N2 you have to e forceful and say “Admiral, that is NOT a threat, we don’t need to intercept it.”…and then hope you and the Admiral are in different life rafts if you were wrong.

Before 911 it was bad news if you intercepted an airliner…or even got close to one…like within a mile or two. I guess seeing a fighter plane out the window frightened the passengers. Since then…not so much.

He should have taken the gas.

OK 2 Wire?

OK 2s are the air the AI breaths. The AI are so proficient at catching OK 2s, I saw an AI manage to catch one while still airborne and 100 miles away from the carrier :smiley:

1 Like

Well…since an OK 3 wire is the highest grade maybe they didn’t want the AIs to out do the real folks.

That’s too bad, I feel for you. Maybe some day you’ll be able to upgrade to get the full experience without a slide show.

Someday… Just waiting for those video card prices to come down a little more…

1 Like

Not forgetting DDR4 prices…

DCS does golden hour and night pretty well, I think:

5 Likes

Yea, no Mode 4 unless we were in an AO where it was required, or perhaps a specific scenario at WTI. Honestly, he was gone so quick we didn’t have to kick the hoses out. :rofl:

Yea, hopes are to have a new graphics card by the end of the year. Until then with all the eye candy off DCS runs well enough to still be enjoyable.

1 Like

I still can’t believe how good the Tarawa looks at night. I really need to work on my night landings though. I’m sure if the deck crew could move everyone on the stern would have jumped into the water. :rofl:

I really like the lighting effects in the cockpit from the ships lights. Ill have to check it out with shadows and global illumination on. I’m sure it looks even better.

7 Likes

@Maclean sliding in for a looksee

7 Likes

Hard to believe this was only 8 years ago

And now we are here…

11 Likes

Sigh…I wasn’t going to split my attention/time between modules too much this year…ah well

7 Likes

I have the A-10C, the F-5E, the Mig-21bis and Viggen. I spend all m time on the Mig and Viggen. There is something “Steam Punk” about those aircraft that is appealing.

…and I also fly the Mi-8 Hip…same Steam Punk reasons. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yay, Mudspike, we did it! :wink: :mudspike:

2 Likes