DCS 2.5.X Screenshots (2018)

FWIW, VRS is one of those things a lot of sims have had great difficulty properly implementing in the history of simming. It’s either too severe or not enough, and most tend to overdo it. Best way to counteract it is to have a little bit of transitional lift, if at all possible… 'Cause hovering is hard, especially with Russian whirlybirds.

Yes, Firefox, where the MiG-31 looked far cooler than the real thing, which was just a revamped 25.

I have a book from the early 80s where they talk about the MiG-29 but have nothing on its appearance, then they talk about the 31 and show drawings which are clearly closer to the 29. Kind of a cross between the 29 and the Flanker prototype T10.

No one knew outside of classified circles what they really looked like besides the Swedish interceptors, at least until the Russians went to Paris and Farnborough with them and said “Hey look at these!” to everyone’s surprise.

Yeah you and @JediMaster are right, firefox, that’s the one.

Lol, whiolst searching for a movie with the title Foxbat, I found this. The movie caption is great. “but the price is DEATH !!!1111 caps lock !”

3 Likes

I now HAVE to watch the living hell out if that! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

6 Likes

It almost looks like an f111. Good work on shooting down the imposter ! :f111:

That close up screenshot, though. Man, this game is pretty.

1 Like

Henry Silva!
Buck Rogers flashbacks…

And of course, his famous segment in Amazon Women on the Moon where he asks the most important question of our time:

2 Likes

1 Like

With the KC-135BDA currently borked and the S-3B unable to take fuel itself, alternative measures are tested…

2 Likes

Yeah, the -135BDA was a colossal fail. Bummer.
I’ve done a reskin of the IL-78 into an Omega Air tanker, so it’s not “commie”.

1 Like

4 Likes

I present the AIM-Mk-84 Air-Air-Ground missile:

sigh “Ivan, is bad day.”
“Yes, Sergei. Is bad day.”

PK!!!11!11 =( I’m on FIRE!

7 Likes

Attempting to work through the UH-1 campaign. I’ve never made it more then one or two missions in. I find DCS campaigns wonky at best.

I failed the third mission because I had to go around a hill that the twin engine Mi-24’s just hopped right over… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Ran into some 23mm AAA doing some recce over the Gulf…

…I guess that will teach me to be too “nosey”…(get it?) :smile:

A “Two ship passing in the night.”… (get it?) :smile:

:notes: Viggen in the moonlight…:notes: … (get it?) :smile:

8 Likes

Took up the Gazelle for some flights around the Gulf:

The TV system is a great way to do some post-strike BDA.

Thought I would try the new NOTAR version of the Gazelle…a bit tricky to fly :wink:

7 Likes

Nice!

Now when are we going to get the helipad on the Burj Khalifa?

2 Likes

Hhahaa so funny!
(Please anyone, while he’s distracted… Take his keyboard away!)

2 Likes

Did some re-familiarization with the Harrier last night. Did some practice with the TPOD and Mavericks. I really need practice with the Mavericks.

9 Likes