DCS 2.5.X Screenshots (2018)

I’d like to see the no-kidding BIG airfield on Kish Island first.
KishIs

2 Likes

There ^^^ is something you do not see every night.

1 Like

With apologies to Songwriters: Johnny Horton / Tillman Franks (Sink the Bismarck)

:notes: We’ll find the Iranian submarine that’s makin’ such a fuss
We gotta sink the Kilo cause DCS-World depends on us
Hit the decks a-runnin’ boys and spin those guns around
When we find the Kilo we gotta cut her down

This is obviously a job for the “Big Boy” , the Magnificent Eight!

(especially since the Gazelle squadron appears to be doing a revival of “Fiddler on the Roof”. (don’t ask)

Those rockets sure do make a lot of BIG splashes…but not many hits.

From the inside of the splash looking out. (Note to ED: Should’t the splash put water on the windscreen…something for the wipers to do?)

A Navy rule of thumb is that the best thing to sink a submarine is another submarine…so I gave it a try…didn’t work out so well.

Went back to the Gazelle. 7 rocket hits and 11 recorded 20 mm hits later, it finally sank.

:notes: We found that Iranian submarine been been makin’ such a fuss
We had to sink the Kilo ‘cause DCS-World depends on us
We hit the deck a-runnin’ and we spun those guns around
We found the mighty Kilo and then we cut her down!

2 Likes

This pilot’s smug aura mocks me.

No wonder the S-3B has problems! It has the wrong kind of crew!

3 Likes

Nice Franze. That first screenshot really stands out

I was sure that it was that fact that its missing all of its engine internals lol

1 Like

You didn’t see the right side of it… The guys got out through a 2x2 hole in the starboard after a stairway clipped through the fuselage!

Hmmmm…the maintenance trouble shooter should have spotted that. Note to squadron Maintenance Officer: Need to have a counseling session with Petty Officer Wrenchturner. Subject: Attention to detail.

2 Likes

The hornet shot is gong to be my new desktop!

Re the damaged Foxbat, in 1983e an IAF F-15 flew home safely on one wing, after a midair with an A-4.
v8911n4hsvr01

So not impossible. BTW, the pilot receive a medal for bringing the plane back safely and a reprimand for not ejecting when ordered to do so.

EDIT: It seems the two photos on the left were “photoshopped” for the History Channel program. It was just the first photos that I caught my eye after googling “F-15 One Wing Flying” As a former intel officer I have a reputation of always presenting facts to maintain. I know…I can still hear the Gunny Seargent shouting “Attention to Detail Midshipman!”

So lets try this again…

Caution: those images on the Left are probably “retouched” for the show.

4 Likes

Surprised you didn’t bring up the F-14 instead…

1 Like

A west coast squadron…go figure.

15 Likes

Thanks for the jinx, by the way – I had to fly 400nmi, then refuel midway, and finally land on the carrier with a missing elevon today:

That was enemy fire. Yeah, that had to be it. I got below the 10kft barrier. No, that wasn’t my own Rockeye that did that.

2 Likes

Just playing with stuffs… Not the best looking model, but it works!

Mind that mod has some wonky phalanx issues, and the mk15 and standard missiles across the board have taken a master course in stupid since May.

1 Like

@Ugene where can I get that skin?

Intresting… I wasn’t aware of the issue with the missiles, but it would probably explain why the two DDG’s and CG had such a hard time defending against a couple of Backfires when i was messing around. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully ED fixes the missiles and releases its DDG sooner rather than later lol.

Here you go:

Oh they most certainly are. I watched that episode and the plane flies straight and level with no issues. I also seem to recall a rule for a plane missing some control surfaces (ie flaps on one wing) is NOT to deploy them on the other wing and cause a roll. Nor would the external tank be under that left wing still.

Plus they didn’t have cameras there ready to watch, they just took pictures once it was down. Before that they were far too concerned about it landing to pull out cameras.

I seem to recall they then asked McD about it and were told in no uncertain terms the 15 could NOT fly without a wing. They didn’t believe it when told it had, not until they saw the pictures. I think they sent a team out to look at it after that.

1 Like