DCS 2.5.X Screenshots (2018)

Um…well…I’ve lost at least 3 in landing “accidents”, been shot down at least three other times (twice by my own BK90s), my wingman has been shot down once and once ran out of gas and crashed on short final once… so, 48 -1 - 3 -1 -1 = 42…don’t worry…we’re fine. :grinning:

EDIT: …and technically I didn’t destroy it…the Abkhazi SA-8 and impact with the ground destroyed it…I was just along for the “ride” :grimacing:

2 Likes

I think we found the guy controlling military procurement…!

4 Likes

Well…at least Swedish AF down sizing.

2 Likes

Um…down to 40. My less that bright AI wingman flew into terrain on a low level…all I heard was “Ejecting” on the radio…somebody really needs to teach these AI guys the difference between MSL and AGL and “see and avoid”.

The other was my bad, a Frogfoot bagged me after I shot down his buddy…no radar so no RWR warning. Rest assured, I this time got out OK…I knew you be worried.

5 Likes

The new Dust (sand) smoke feature. Pretty good. Gives a nice atmosphere (no pun intended)…but I would think it should lessen a bit out over the water…not completely in the PG but probably in the GOO.

8 Likes

And the Viggen looks good, from any angle. As usual.
BTW… I’m hesitant to ask, but did you land this one? Can it be used again?

8 Likes

That’s a rather ambiguous question. I mean, spare parts can be used again, right…?

5 Likes

At this stage, I’ll take what ever I can…

3 Likes

Reusable Viggens!? Madness! What’s next, reusable rockets?

5 Likes

Well, let’s grab a wrench and get to work then before Hangar200 depletes the whole fleet… :wink:

1 Like

This specific one? Yes. But I didn’t land it. I hit Esc to end the mission. Besides seeing how the dust looked, I was also checking anti-ship missile effectiveness against a surfaced KILO SS.

BTW, the RB 04E can’t hit a KILO. It evidently can’t get low enough–flies right over about amidships, then does a skidding turn, trying to come back, during which it splashes. I tried with the RB 15F…one shot, one kill…and safely RTB with the other RB 15 still on my wing.

So both the aircraft and missile are ready for future employment! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Although this is edited and doesn’t fully represent DCS, I still like it and hope to see water reflections in the future. Lights are edited as well.

9 Likes

The future is in Ray Tracing… :wink:

2 Likes

6 Likes

The Bug - First Impressions and Events
My first landing…forgot to map the toe brakes axis…pulled the emergency brake and had a bit of skid that blew front tires. Any landing you can walk away from…

I love hitting ammo depots at airfields…a couple of MK-84s and watch the fireworks.

My first time shot down…moving in for a gun shot on a TU-142 BEAR F and evidently got nailed by his tail gun. At first I couldn’t figure it out…the plane didn’t look badly shot up, then I saw the holes in the canopy (a bit hard to see but they’re there if you zoom in) where the round with my name on it took me out.

Speaking of damage modeling…this is awesome. Background: Two plane strike against a PGG (AA is 2 AK-630s) with CBUs. I sent in my wingman first. for some reason he decided to go in low…bad move…but just like the Battle of Midway it gave me a chance to come in with a high dive bombing attack. I watched the tracers go at him while I was placing the cross on the boat…he broke off training smoke. I dropped (unfortunately a near miss) and rolled off, climbing…I was never touched. A bit later my wingman ejected.

So this TU-142 absorbed an AIM-120 before he decided to RTB. I was RTB when the E-2D picked him out as a pop-up at 2000 ft…obviously making a landing at the nearest Red airfield. I visually acquired him on short final and tried a Winder that hit (or hit near) when he was on the ground. So I strafed him a couple more times as he taxied until he stopped (and I was Winchester). On the way home I decided to take a look at how well I had done.

I think the guy on top is saying, “You don’t think they are going to make us pay for this?” The two on the ground are discussing where to go for lunch.

…and finally the cool, inspirational Hornet shot - climbing to after the cat shot.

7 Likes

Gratz on your new ride mang!

1 Like

Had an MiG-25 do the same thing to me a little while back… On fire, no wings, no nose. Landed just fine and taxied to the parking area.

1 Like

Did you ever release this one?

No, not yet. I actually have two skins and both are already finished.
I’ve sent ED the other version that contains the CoNA symbols, maintenance indications and some color corrections which is currently reviewed to be part of the module.

I thought about uploading the version from the screenshot to the User Files but I want the other one to be released first.

1 Like

Coming into the break

10 Likes